1Arrow 03-Aug-16
PAstringking 03-Aug-16
ELKMAN 03-Aug-16
MathewsMan 03-Aug-16
idagapp 02-Sep-16
29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo
Just back from a hunt first in Namibia then to South Africa. The Namibia hunt was with Allen Cilliers Safaris. Some of you may remember quite a bit of bow hunting with this outfit back 7-10 years ago. Allen and his son Wayne pretty much backed off their property for plains game and focused on dangerous game for the past several years but now are re-focusing on their own property for the plains game. The place has been very lightly hunted over the past 7 years so there is a very nice population of mature animals on the property. I had hunted here before in about 2005 so I felt comfortable picking up this hunt at the auction during last year's SCI show in Las Vegas.

After this hunt my wife and I went over to South Africa and hunted with Numzaan Safaris.

29-Jul-16
More please!! Feel free to post lots of information about the Cilliers current operation, I'm curious about how they're doing. Thanks!

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo

29-Jul-16
You've got some really beautiful trophies there. Congrats. Looking forward to additional posting of your adventures.

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo

29-Jul-16
Beautiful trophies, Lucky you on an awesome eland, 3 trips and still haven't got a shot at a bull. I am also interested in more information about Cilliers safaris . Forrest

29-Jul-16
Great animals, especially the kudu! Congrats!

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo
Following Namibia we went to So. Africa for a hunt with Numzaan Safaris. This time the aim was game different than already seen/hunted. The goal was Klipspringer, Bushbuck, Mountain Reedbuck, Bush pig and Sable. This was also a SCI auction hunt that included the Sable and this is the Sable story! First day I take the shot and it looks good (almost very good relative to N. America animals), but was too far back. Spent all day w/6 people looking and do NOT recover. The last day of the 12 day hunt we go back for the smell test and finally, after sniffing out a wildebeest and red hartebeest, we check out the third "smell" and find the Sable - I am blessed! So no pics of it. The Bush Pig was a challenge. I spent two black and long nights trying but due to shifting breezes that spooked them off twice there was no sightings. That is a difficult critter!

This is the Klipspringer. Pretty good one they new occasionally drank at a remote water hole. the next pic is a Bushbuck from the same place.

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo
Bushbuck

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo
We spent 4 days trying for this specific warthog. 3 days in a row he came in straight on, drank, turned and ran off. Day 4 he made a mistake.

29-Jul-16

idagapp's embedded Photo
idagapp's embedded Photo
Finally a typical Mountain Reedbuck.

29-Jul-16
Awesome animals ! Beautiful eland, zebra, and warthog !

30-Jul-16
Very nice trophies...congrats

30-Jul-16
Awesome trip. Congrats. I hunted at Ha Nore maybe 12 years ago. Still one of my favorite trips.

30-Jul-16
Allen and Wayne are working hard to improve the base camp facilities. Nice modern bungalows are in process. The quantity and quality of game I saw was impressive. Back in their Hay day they were taking upwards of 55-60 bowhunters/year. They are looking to seriously get back into bow hunting at a 40-45 per year level so they should have no problem maintaining trophy quality.

31-Jul-16
Excellent kudu. What blind was that at?

31-Jul-16
Really great collection of trophies this time! Congrats on all of them. How big was your sable?

03-Aug-16
Nice animals. Looks like you had a super trip. I'm headed to Namibia in September. First time for me to hunt there. Really excited. Going Tiger Fishing too.

Congrats again on a great looking safari.

03-Aug-16
Congrats on the Klippie with a bow!!

03-Aug-16
Which animals are from what hunt?

03-Aug-16
My dad hunted with Allen and his son on his first trip over to Africa-

Your Kudu is a hell of a trophy!

02-Sep-16
There were several question above that I have not gotten around to answer. A month ago I fell off a ladder and busted myself up pretty good. It totally has taken me out of the fall hunts but should be OK in a couple of months. Note to all: Treat ladders with as much caution as you would a treestand!

KTH - Interestingly enough it was the Kudu blind.

AZ-Rich - Sable is right at 39.

Elkman - The eland, kudu, gemsbuck, wildebeest, zebra and 1st warthog are Cilliers in Namibia. The klipspringer, bushbuck, mountain reedbuck and the bigger warthog are Numzaam in SA. I also got a sable there on the 1st day of the hunt and we found it using our noses to sniff it out on the 12th and last day. It was in pretty bad shape but did get the skull and horns so now I need to find a sable cape.

I highly recommend Cilliers for quantity and quality of their animals!

04-Sep-16
That eland is awesome!!

• Sitka Gear