Slingblade 08-Sep-06
Brett@home 08-Sep-06
Red Wing 08-Sep-06
EricHardin 08-Sep-06
Slingblade 08-Sep-06
foxbo 08-Sep-06
EricHardin 10-Sep-06
07-Sep-06
Thinking about using the Ambush Sling. How do you attach it at the top? Do you have to use a treestep( which doesn't bode well for public land) or is there some way to tie off. I guess the same would go for a Treesuit? Steve

07-Sep-06
Thinking about using the Ambush Sling. How do you attach it at the top? Do you have to use a treestep( which doesn't bode well for public land) or is there some way to tie off. I guess the same would go for a Treesuit? Steve

08-Sep-06
You tie off to the top. You would only need a treestep for trees that are to big to wrap the strap around twice (30" diameter or bigger would probaly need a step). I hunt from the Ambush sling all the time. I really like it.

08-Sep-06
Thanks for your reply, Brett. I have two of the older type slings. The Anderson and another. Are they uncomfortable or must I invest in the newer Ambush sling.

08-Sep-06
The hardest thing for me to do in the sling is stay awake! I don't know about any other type I never tried them.

08-Sep-06
Sling,

I use the older Anderson types. I rarely hunt for more than a 3-4 hour stretch and think that would be about the limit for me. I tie them over my head if possible and find them most comfortable when I dont spread the webbing to far apart. I make adjustments when needed while hunting out of them.

All in all I wouldnt say I move any more than I do when seated in a hang on stand where I have to stretch my legs every once in awhile.

In a nutshell I like them for short hunts but wouldnt use them for an all day hunt. Then again, I've never stayed in a stand from dawn to dusk.

Joe

08-Sep-06
I just bought a Sneaky Sak because I too hunt mostly public land. It is very simple to put on and service was unbelievably quick. I haven't tried it in the trees yet, but I'm curious to see how well it works. The price is just $75 dollars.

08-Sep-06
Great stuff. Appreciate all the advice I can get. I would like to get comfortable to the point where a full day "in the saddle" during the rut is possible. Steve

08-Sep-06
The most comfortable one will be the deluxe leather Tree Saddle. www.trophylineusa.com/ The site has lots of info and I think they still have a free video and catalog. I love mine.

10-Sep-06
used the sneaky sak tonight and must say I was surprised by how comfortable it was. Very easy to attach to the tree and feels a lot like sitting in a swing. I was very impressed.

• Sitka Gear