Jimbob 25-Jan-08
Bowfreak 25-Jan-08
rem_kujawa 25-Jan-08
Jimbob 25-Jan-08
rem_kujawa 25-Jan-08
rem_kujawa 25-Jan-08
24-Jan-08

rem_kujawa's Link
Does anyone know how to use the hoyt tune charts?This is the one for my bow,how can you tell what one you have?Im guessing but but you must have go by the Cam/Module but my does not match any of them.

Jon

24-Jan-08
It depends on your cam your limb length and your draw length range.

For instance I have a 2004 hoyt vipertec with cam 1/2 with xt1000 limbs and my draw length goes from 26.5-29. Now to find out what part of the chart I use I need to figure what my draw length is when my cam is in module position "D". Look on the chart for your bow there is a heading titled "module position", for my bow the module position is D.

Since my cams go from 26.5-29 this relates to:

Module position A = 26.5 B = 27 C = 27.5 D = 28 E = 28.5 F = 29

So too use the tune chart I need to look at the section that has a 28" draw in module position D. Along this line I find all the info that is relavent to my bow.

Hope this helps.

24-Jan-08
It does a little bit,All of the stickers are missing on mine,so I don't know what the specs are.I do know that it had XT 2000 limbs and it is a 70lb bow.What the draw lenght is I have know Idea.I think that I will call hoyt with the serial number to get the specs.

Jon

24-Jan-08
do yu know what the draw length is set at now? if you had that you could probably figure everything else out. Checking with hoyt is your best bet though.

24-Jan-08
On postion A right now and I think that is 26.5 or 27.5.

24-Jan-08
I pretty sure I am a 28 for my draw lenght so -.5 for the string loop puts me at 27.5 to 30 on my cam.

24-Jan-08
They only way to be sure is to actually measure the draw length with a tape. At full draw measure the distance from the apex of the string (arrow knocking point) to the deepest part of the grip then add 1.75". This will give you the true AMO drawlength of your bow.

24-Jan-08
Ill check it tonight Jimbob,and post tommarow.

24-Jan-08
You can tell by the numbers/letters on the cam. If you post them I should be able to tell you the draw length range and which line to use.

24-Jan-08
Ditto on what Jerry says. Post up the numbers/letters and what bow you have, year and model and we can probably help you out.

24-Jan-08
Ok I did check my draw and found that from the grip to my string I have 26in+ the 1.75 that gives me 27.75.

Jerry and bowfreak I will get all of the letters and Numbers off of the cams tonight and post them friday morning.thanks

Jon

24-Jan-08
to be 100% get the cam numbers and those guys can help you.

I'm betting your draw is a little too long which means the A position is 27.5". That means your bow is slightly out of tune causing the 1/4" extra draw length. You should be able to use the tune chart now.

25-Jan-08
Ok I have the numbers,

Top Cam(bronze) H-F-LT Top .5 Cam(black) H-6TL-LL, 65% and the letters A-F

Bottom Cam(bronze) HFLB Bottom .5 Cam(Black) H6-BL-LL and the letters A-F

Both .5 cams are set on A, and it is an 03 hoyt razortec with XT 2000 limbs.

25-Jan-08
I'm 99% sure that you have a bow that goes from 27.5-30" draw. That means you use the second to last line on the tune chart for your bow. I'm betting the numbers on your cam mean "cam and module" = F-6

Brace height=7 1/4" AtoA= 32 5/8" etc.

25-Jan-08
So that means that the smaller .5 cam should be set to the "D" on both cams and then I should re measure the draw length and it should be 29 inches.Then I should just make sure that the cams are in time and the draw stop timing is on.Then I should have tuned bow.

The reason I ask is I just had a new string put on I would like to make sure everything is right on.

25-Jan-08
Ok well now you have opened a whole new can of worms. Yes you should tune the bow in the "D". All measurements should equal what's on the tune chart plus your cams should be sycronized (equal tiller with limbs bottumed out)) and timed. Once you have acheived this then put the module back into the position for your draw, it should measure 27.5". Once you've moved the module you may need to tweak a cable so the cams are where you want them.

I find this whole process pretty tricky. Some hoyt bows I can put back into spec perfectly. Other times I have trouble. Some times you can't get the measurments to be exact and you just need to live with it.

To do this I would go on to AT and under the "tuning" section there is a thread that has been stickied that gives instruction on how to tune a hoyt.

Good luck

25-Jan-08
rem,

You also need to bottom out your limbs when you are doing this. Doing that with the module in the "D" should put you at the point where you can take measurements. They should mimic the measurements in the tune chart. Check out the Sticky on AT, as Jimbob said. It is great.

25-Jan-08
Do you think its somthing I should check?It seems to shoot great.If you guys just had new strings and cables put on would you check this?

Jon

25-Jan-08
yes for sure. Why buy a good bow then not even check to see if its performing at its peak levels? They bow might get quieter, less shock, faster and hold better.

25-Jan-08
Ok I will,thank you guys so much for the help.

Jon

25-Jan-08
I just got off the phone with hoyt and you were right jimbob its a 27.5-30 and it is a #6 cam. Since it does shoot good should I put a few 100 shots through it first to let the string and cable strech?Then go through the tune chart?

Jon

• Sitka Gear