ORARCHER 30-Jan-09
sbbow 30-Jan-09
bigbear 31-Jan-09
Razorjack 31-Jan-09
Shuteye 31-Jan-09
jerry 31-Jan-09
ORARCHER 02-Feb-09
26-Jan-09
I have never owned one, but have shot a few and they seem pretty nice to me....I definitely would not consider them junk.

26-Jan-09
no

26-Jan-09
It was the usual snobbery, as you put it. Parker, although not one of the super elite $800 bow makers, manufactures some pretty good stuff.

There are a lot of companies like this. Darton and Pearson are two of them that I'm familiar with. Good stuff.

26-Jan-09
NO, I own a Parker Spit-FIRE 2007 and love it.Weather its 80 above or 20 below hear in ND,it has been reliable.I will be buying a new bow for 2009 want a litle more speed for Antelope,but wont trade in my parker.I beleive if you trust your bow when it counts then it's not junk,regardless of the brand name.

26-Jan-09
parkers are nice

26-Jan-09
Wish I had one. My son shoots a Parker.

26-Jan-09
Same machined aluminum lifetime warranty riser as everyone else uses(same material). Same Gordon glass limbs found on all but the laminated limb bows. Without the full page adds and television shows, I can see how un-educated poeple might consider them not as good as their beloved Mathews, Hoyt, or Bowtech. And the Parkers may not be as fast as some others, but you can sure bet the farm that you'll probably never have to use the warranty. I've been a Parker dealer for five years now, and not had one single warranty issue yet.

I'm shooting a Parker Shooting Star XP for indoor this winter. You can bet money their will be ten times as many "other" bows below me on the score sheet as their are above me.

26-Jan-09
I shoot one. I couldn't afford the others. It all depends on your taste not whomever. One day some guy will shoot a 400 plus bull with a Scooby Doo bow and that will be the best and all the snobs will want one

27-Jan-09
As far as I know there is know such thing as a junk bow. Unless it's beyond repair. I use to really get under some collars when I use to shoot those indoor dot tournaments. I shot a $159.00 Pearson bow and blew away those $3500.00 Hoyt target bows with it. (It's not so much the bow as it is the one shooting it.) A friend of mine Clarence Yates told me that he never laughs at what a person shoots. If they walk up with a stick and a piece of wire tied to it, they just may know how to shoot it! Get what feels right to you!!!!! Don't worry about what others think.

27-Jan-09
I own a Paker.. I live in VA.. Love it.. Customer service has been excellent!!

27-Jan-09
My two boys and myself all shoot Parkers. Great Bows. Very Good Prices.

27-Jan-09
DC (and the rest of the brothern) nailed it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Parkers (Yes, I shoot a Mathews, 2 of 'em).

27-Jan-09
I've been shooting a Parker for 4 yrs. No need for customer service yet.

27-Jan-09
Parker has a fine reputation. I'd be very interested to know what kind of bow the laughing jackasses that you overheard were shooting....

27-Jan-09
I've shot a Ultralite since 2001, no problems other than sent it in last year to be restrung and give it a check up. They replaced the cables and bushings and restung it w/o costing me a dime. Great customer service.

elkmo

27-Jan-09
I don't own one but I have shot them and they are great. I found no problems with them.

27-Jan-09
If they ARE junk, I don't think they'd still be in the marketplace.

27-Jan-09
I own two Parker Frontiers. Very fast and very reliable. The only thing is when loaded with sight, quiver, stabilizer, etc, they are a little heavier than some others out there. But they are a fast, solid, accurate hunting bow....Nice product!

27-Jan-09
I was planning on buying a Parker kids bow for my soon to be ten year old nephew. Have to get him trained by the time the carp start spawning..

27-Jan-09

ORARCHER's embedded Photo
HELL NO !!! They are GREAT bows that dont cost you fully set up what a bow from the "others" does as a bare bow. I have shot the top of the line Parker each yr for the last 5 yrs and my boys all shoot them as well. GREAT bows at a FAIR price and a quality co. backing their product.

Heres a couple pics of my sons last couple yrs 07 Trailblazer and 08 Blackhawk :)

27-Jan-09

07 Trailblazer !!

27-Jan-09
Bo Hunter,

The Blackhawk is the "speed bow" from Parker. It has a very nice(for accuracy sake) grip which is just side plates on either side of the riser. So you're shooting right off the narrow riser. This may not be "comfortable", but it's darn accurate. The Blackhawk cam is a single cam with either 26-28" adjustment, or 29-31" adjustment. For an adjustable single cam, this has truely straight and level nock travel, and looses far less speed per inch of draw length than most other speed bows out there. The IBO speed is about 15 fps less than my Elite GTO, but at 27" and 60# they are both the same speed, tested side by side with the same arrow and chrono.

The draw is a little stiff for a single cam, but no more stiff than anything else in it's speed range. They come factory with Stone Mountain Dakota strings, which I would compare to the Mathews Barracuda strings. Not the best, but not the worst.

28-Jan-09
I bought one for my son with the cam modules to increase draw length. excellent bow, fast, quiet, and he can stack'em with it.

28-Jan-09
I shot a Phoenix for a while and it was a fine bow.

28-Jan-09
Nice to see the positive responses. This is a very competitive market and perhaps the shop involved is upset that Parker bows are sold in "big" stores.

28-Jan-09
Not all Parkers are sold in the "box" stores certain models are only avail through the Pro Dealers.

30-Jan-09
personally I thing they suck my cousin and my friend both have one and they are always having cam and string problems

30-Jan-09
no, but Chevy's are! ;-)

30-Jan-09
"personally I thing they suck my cousin and my friend both have one and they are always having cam and string problems"

What bows do they have and what kind of problems we talking here ?

30-Jan-09
I had a hunter mag shot that for 6yrs. by no means are they junk.

31-Jan-09
I have a Hunter Mag (first compound) and a Phoenix 34. Love both bows. The Phoenix is awesome!! Both are extremely quiet and easy to shoot. I'm not into speed, so it doesn't bother me. Have nothing but good to say about PARKER.

31-Jan-09
I tried out a couple bow's when i was shopping around,Pse and parker,to me the pse bow's seemed cheap compared to the parker bow's.Also the draw cycle on the parker bow was so much smoother than pse bow.So i would say NO parker bow's are not junk.

31-Jan-09
I have a friend in VA that only shoots Parkers. He has killed a bunch of deer and hogs with them. From all I have seen they are excellent bows and the price is reasonable. I have a good friend that was a Mathews dealer in Delaware and he sometimes had to get in Parkers for customers that wanted them. He said they were good bows and he is the best bow mechanic I have ever known.

31-Jan-09
horizontal mechanical device........ JUNK

02-Feb-09
ROTFLMAO !!!! Gotta love it

• Sitka Gear