BowKiller 03-Feb-11
mathewscountry 03-Feb-11
caller79065 26-Jun-11
emmas_daddy05 27-Jun-11
emmas_daddy05 27-Jun-11
butcherboy 27-Jun-11
hunt'n addict 27-Jun-11
28-Jan-11
Does anyone know the phone number to talk directly to a Mathews tech. I have contacted my dealer, and he advised me to contact them directly. I a have lost the number he gave me.

28-Jan-11
I have received excellent tech support from Mathews in the past. Whatever they have told me was right on the money. Don't they have a number on the website anymore?

28-Jan-11
I have already asked the Bowsite Gurus, and havent had any luck. My dealer is several hours away, and he wanted me to call them directly. There is no number on the website that i can find. Thanks

28-Jan-11
Phone: (801) 363-2990

28-Jan-11
They also have techs manning the mathews forums. Lots of good stuff there, too. Good luck.

29-Jan-11
Thanks

29-Jan-11
Thanks

30-Jan-11
Matheews Technical support>? is there sucha thing....? more like a "we're a joke dept."

30-Jan-11
The Mathews forum is great- there are guys on there with experience that can give you more than just the "book" procedures.

31-Jan-11
I'm just guessing here but I would bet that bowkiller doesn't shoot a mathew's. I feel sorry for him.

01-Feb-11
HANK - I've owned four of Mathews bows over a 15-year period... my last Matthews bow was a Reezen (aka a piece of crap).. i got it home and it started creaking/popping... Two different dealers informed me it was "normal and i shouldnt worry about"...

After explaining my situation in full to Matthews Corporate, they informed me i should go back to the dealership where i bought it... F ing joke. ---- that's what i got for my loyalty...

Which is why i now shoot a Hoyt... If you're wondering why i blast Mathews at every chance i get --- i'm just keeping my promise to those i last spoke w/ at Mattews Corporate... shame on them..

02-Feb-11
Thats exactly the problem i am having with my Reezen and Z7. I also am looking at Hoyt. I have shot Mathews for 17 years, starting with the Signature and moving to a Conquest which i have shot since 97. I am a LOYAL Mathews customer, but i cant stand the pinging. Also they are getting shorter and shorter, and that is not what i am looking for. Listen to the pinging on this video just as the arrow dissapears at the top of the screen when i draw. http://www.bowhunting.tv/playvideowindow2.cfm?file=20107191233570554&id=1934

02-Feb-11

02-Feb-11
Try a little white lithium grease under the QCC. It may help with the creaking noise.

02-Feb-11
Yeah but should you have to tweak a 900.00 bow to get rid of noise? I also shoot Mathews and it's a great bow but I had noise issues with the Drenilan. Tried everything but ended up living with it. Easy draw, deadly accurate but always get that creak on first draw. Not good for high end tackle.

02-Feb-11
Caller --- I feel ur pain brotha... Mathews customer service and their new bows suck... plain and simple..

I bought a Hoyt Maxxis last spring - and its the best hunting rig i've owned thus far(even better than my MQ1)...

havnt really had any problems w/ the rig (knock on wood), but i did call Hoyt Corporate a couple times last summer about what i should be doing for routine maintenance.... total 180 from mathews... courtesy staff, even offered to let me send my bow back directly to them for free annual "check ups" if i wanted... not that i plan on it, but its nice to know i've got a direct line to the Manufacture if i do have a problem..

The Matthews dooosh bags i spoke w/ about my reason wouldnt let me even send it back directly to them..said i had to go through a dealer... so much for their lifetime guarantee BS... (makes me mad just thnkin about it..)

good luck --- my advice, sell the thing...even if u have to take a bath on it... and buy a bow from a maker u can trust...

of course i'm sure wanna of these die hard Matthews Guys would luv to have a Lemon on their hands...

(lets see how many step up and actually wanna buy it off of you...)

02-Feb-11
Take the bow back to the dealer and tell them to either send it back, or make it stop making noise. You don't pay $800.00 for a noisy bow. Your dealer should make it right. If you buy a Ford or Chevy, you don't take it back to the factory do you? Your dealer sold you the bow, he is the one that should make it right. Time for the Dealer to Man up, no?

02-Feb-11
I have sanded and graphited the QCCS. Ithink it is comming from the roller guard. I will send it to the dealer later this week. Dont get me wrong. I love mathews older bows. That old Conquest is the best bow i have ever owned. From what i can gather, the pinging is common. I have even heard it on The WIld Outdoors with Jay gregory. Personally, i think the grooves in the roller wheels need to be wider. I think the noise is happening as they pop into the grooves. Just my opinion. I did take the roller guard off the Reezen and it never made a sound. Both will be for sale soon. I am going to shoot the COnquest

03-Feb-11
Come on "Mathews Guys" ???? where ya'll at? Dont ya'll want first dibs on Caller's bows???? hahahahahahaha!

03-Feb-11
its the dealers fault.i had the same problem and after the dealer tried to fix it and sending it back mathews sent me a brand new bow.hard not to like that.

26-Jun-11
Well i got it back, finally after 3 months. I waited and waited, then called mathews. The dealer said Mathews had it, and mathews said they didnt. 2 days after i called dealer, mathews sent me an email saying they had it and would fix it and mail it right out. I think i have a pretty good idea who was full of it, and it wasnt Mathews. They put some new style QCCs on it, and so far after a few shots it doesnt make a sound. I think the dealer put it in the corner and forgot about it(Mathews said it was filthy when they got it) but Mathews jumped right on it and had it back to me within a week from when they received it. Mathews customer service was great as far as i am concerned. I still dont like the bow, as the ATA is just too short for me.

27-Jun-11
I got my Z7 back from Mathews around February and it had that problem before I sent it to them. The person that worked on it put small washers behind the QCC and I haven't heard the noise since. I do a lot of shooting too. No problem. Your best bet would be either to send it in for the creeking or take it to someone that can put the washers behind the QCC's.

27-Jun-11
One more thing is they also replaced a limb turret for me that they said was too stiff. The thing I love about Mathews is they have great warranty work. Had a friend send a bow in that was around 10 years old. The limbs were starting to come apart due to shooting too light of an arrow. Everything was replaced free of charge. Had another buddy send a bow in for bent cams due to a dry fire and everything was replaced with no questions asked. My bow just made a noise and when it came back it was drawing super quiet. This is why I choose mathews bows as of late. Although I do have to admit I didn't buy a new bow this year due to not being overly excited about the offerings. Maybe my next bow will be a carbon matrix or a recurve.

27-Jun-11
I bought my 1st Matthews this a year. A Z7 Extreme and it's the best bow I have ever had. I really like the shorter ATA design. I've had 4 Hoyts and decided to go with something new. By the way, all my previous hoyts had more hand shock than my matthews. As for customer service from both of these companies, I have no idea because I have never had to send a bow back. If I had problems I just took it to my dealer and they fixed the problem with the Hoyt bows, no problem with my Matthes yet. If there is then I know that the guys at my proshop will fix it right up.

27-Jun-11
Mathews just replaced the limbs under warranty on a 1999 Conquest Light I own becuase I could only get 63 lbs out of the bow. I thought that was pretty good support.

27-Jun-11
I had a clicking problem on my Switchback XT. Brought it to the dealer, and he fixed it in 20 minutes. Clicking has not returned.

• Sitka Gear