grayhorse 30-Jun-11
snipers215 07-Jul-11
jhansen851819 07-Jul-11
Redeemed 07-Jul-11
Redeemed 07-Jul-11
rchunter 09-Jul-11
beckerbulldog 09-Jul-11
05-Feb-11
Getting a new bow this year. Have shot the Hoyt CRX 32 and Carbon Element. Both very sweet shooting bow. Not sure about the price on the element. Also shot a Bowtech Destroyer, also a very sweet shooting bow. I would like to hear opinions on these bows. Pros : Cons. Can't decide which way to go

05-Feb-11
buy a Mathews

05-Feb-11
matthews are not what they used to be

05-Feb-11
I couldn't decide, so I bought both: a Hoyt Carbon Element AND a Bowtech Invasion...Shot the Destroyer last year...Great bow as well. You're going to get a little more speed out of the Bowtechs.

05-Feb-11
never shot bowtech, but have never heard a negative thing about hoyts from the people that shoot them.

05-Feb-11
If you like the way all three shoot then it wont matter what one you go with. They are all three nice bows so if I couldnt decide I would let the price make the choice. I bought the destroyer last year great bow I will be hunting with it again this year.

05-Feb-11
As mentioned by others, if you like the way each feels in the hand, you should consider speed, noise and price. Another factor that I consider, working at a shop, is how easy the bow tunes. Some are better than other bows.

05-Feb-11
I have never shot a bowtech of any kind. This is my 4th season shooting a Hoyt Vectrix. All I can say is hoyt makes a great bow and has great customer service. I have shot several bows in the 2011 Hoyt lineup and they all shot great. good luck no matter what you choose.

05-Feb-11
it won't make any difference as to how much you end up killing

05-Feb-11
Great taste.... Less filling...

05-Feb-11
I have been shooting bowtech for a few years now--have a older mathew for back up-- its whatever feels right to you-- haven't shot a Hoyt since 3D tournaments Yrs ago---

05-Feb-11
I'd go with the hoyt over the Bowtech...but look at the Mathews, the Z7 extreme is nice

05-Feb-11
Do what I do, shoot both! ;-)

05-Feb-11
I shot both and they both shot good, so I bought the one that felt better in my hand and that was the hoyt. It tuned up real easy also.

05-Feb-11
I shot the bowtech invasion and the new hoyt I would chosse the bowtech it outperformed

05-Feb-11
Wish I had the luxury to choose. Both are A+ in my book.

05-Feb-11
Pse BM, AXE or Omni. I would not over look these bows. Easy to tune and shoot great! But get the one that feels best to you! After all your the one that's going to be shooting it. Best of luck

05-Feb-11
I shoot a Hoyt AlphaMax and I am extremely happy with it. So I am partial to Hoyts. But I gotta admit, the specs on the Invasion look pretty darn good--340 with a 7 inch brace height is awesome.

But you cannot discount the fact that Hoyt's usually perform or outperform the listed IBO while other companies do not.

There are so many great bows today that you should really just get what feels best. I don't think you'd be going wrong with either of the two.

05-Feb-11
Go with Hoyt Carbon Element it shoots like a dream, and its tougher then Chuck Norris!

05-Feb-11
Backstraps- that settles it I am going with the element ha ha ha

05-Feb-11
They are both incredible products. I say go with the one serviced by the better dealer in your area.

GH

05-Feb-11
I have a 2005 Bowtech Allegiance that I really like. This year I decided to get a new bow, and chose the Hoyt CRX 35. Both companies make great bows, and I've been really happy with my Allegiance - it shoots better than I do. And it's amazingly fast with heavier arrows.

However, I shot a Maxxis 35 last summer at the Sunrise 3D shoot here in s AZ, that felt incredibly comfortable and the shot was smoother and quieter than any bow I had ever shot, by a very wide margin.

From what I've heard from a buddy who shoots for Hoyt, the CRX is even better. I know lots of local guys who opted for the Destroyer, and that was my other option, and I shot one. It was a nice bow, but just didn't blow me away like the Maxxis did.

Bottom line is, you have to see which one feels the best for you. I'm jumping ship from Bowtech to Hoyt. As an x-Mathews, x-Bowtech guy, this will be my first Hoyt, but I really liked how that bow felt when I shot it, and just gotta have one...Anybody in the market for a 2005 BT Allegiance?

06-Feb-11

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
Did somebody say, Chuck approved...Oh yeah, I do have both a 08 Allegiance and 9/10 AlphaMax 32!

06-Feb-11
I don't shoot Hoyt's, so I have no opinion on them. I did break down and retired my trusty 82nd Airborne and bought a 350 Destroyer. It can be challenging to tune, but once you get the cams timed, it shoots like a dream. It's fast, quiet, smooth, and deadly. Can't get much better than that. What makes it even sweeter is that they dropped the price to $799. I received a 15% military discount on top of that, since I'm retired AF. BowTech supports our military, which should be commended.

With my short D/L, I want a bow that shoots a relatively heavy arrow and still has the speed and accuracy to get it were I want it to go. The Destroyer gives me all that and more.

06-Feb-11
i wouldn't limit myself to just two bows. i would shoot as many different bows as i could and find the one that feels best in your hand. You'll know when you find the one.

06-Feb-11
I have a Carbon Element and it's a real shooter and spooky quiet. I was shooting it yesterday out in the cold and the riser felt like it was at room tempature.

You can't go wrong with any of the bows you listed. Good luck!

06-Feb-11
Thanks for the input. I have a bowtech allegiance now and am looking to upgrade. Many of the bows out now such as elite and strothers are basicly an allegiance there for those are really not interesting to me.

I have been a bowtech guy for past 8 or 9 years. Do I need counseling for thinking about getting a hoyt? Ha ha

06-Feb-11
WOW...if you think that the new elite's and strothers are basicly a allegiance... if you like your allegiance then a new Elite or Strothers produced by Kevin will knock your socks off. He's come a long way from when he designed your Alligiance.

06-Feb-11
I'm on the fence on weather or not I keep my 80# katera or get a destroyer 340? Any thoughts? Sorry to jack your thread.

06-Feb-11
I'm on the fence on weather or not I keep my 80# katera or get a destroyer 340? Any thoughts? Sorry to jack your thread.

06-Feb-11
Hey Guys , Take a really good look at the Bowtech Invasion before you buy one . It looks like a PSE and shoots even worse . Bowtech continues to have some fst bows but in my opinion POORLY DESIGNED !! Have fun adjusting the draw lenght because your gonna need to stick it in the bowpress . Not to mention that after the shot it wants to do a full revolution in your bow hand . Granted my expierience was out of a bare bow but a crx 32 " or 35 " shots every bit as smooth and just sits in your hand BARE BOW !! Not to mention the fact that Hoyt has the best limbs and riser in the industry . As far as Matthews goes well they should change there slogan from catch us if you can to HEY WAIT FOR US !!! Sorry . Just being honest . To be fare shoot as many different bows as possible before you make a purchase and remember that opinions are like back sides and everybody has one . So what shoots the best for me may be entirely different for you . Just consider track record of the manufacturer you buy from , warranty , and the amount of positive comments on a bow never hurts . Anyways best of luck to ya on whatever you decide and for the record I work for a very well respected bow shop and deal with all walks of life and all makes of bow all the time . I am only basing my comments based on what I see , shoot and FIX !!! Best regards

06-Feb-11
Wait a year and buy both of them barely used for the price of one of them new.

06-Feb-11
HEY WAIT FOR US ...... That's a good one. I shot an invasion this afternoon, not real impressed. Had some vibration after shot, I think from flex cable guard. Also when I held it out in my hand like I was going to shoot but not with any influence on string the top of the bow wanted to tip back and hit me in the forhead. I also did that with a hoyt crx and it balanced perfectly.

Hey wait for us ..... ha ha ha

06-Feb-11
I'm a bowtech owner and I can tell you, the draw length is easy to change, there are no cams to buy! If any of you think that you can buy either one of these bows next year for 1/2 price, you are in for a surprise. The top bows from Bowtech, Hoyt, and Matthews hold their value, all the others may be close to 1/2 for a reason.

06-Feb-11
I agree with Redman 100% My brother bought a new Z7 because hes one of the wantabees. It sounds like a 30.06 going off!!! Im currently shooting a 340 Destroyer and love it! As far as changing the draw length.. Why would you need to change it after getting it set up? Are your arms growing daily? I went in with an open mind and shot a Matrix, Z7 and the destoyer and it was hands down the Destoyer! Smooth, quiet and 0 hand shock!!!

06-Feb-11
I just like reading these reviews and getting a laugh out of what people say. The best advice I can say is buy a used one and save your self enough cash to go hunting. I never bough a used bow until last year and it was brand new to me. I bought a Hoyt Katera and shot a great bull elk opening day. Can't say a new model would have done it any better.

06-Feb-11
That's funny Rus, I had a Guardian then Admiral, then I went to the bow shop to pick up my new Z7 last year. I knew that was what I wanted from everything I heard and read on here. Three hours later I walked out of the shop with a big smile and a new Destroyer! It was a no brainer after I shot both of them. Just sold my Destroyer on eBay, bow and peep only for $655.00, going to get my new Invasion next week!

06-Feb-11

You can't go wrong with any of the top brands out today! It's what feels best to you!

07-Feb-11
Elite Archery.

07-Feb-11
"If any of you think that you can buy either one of these bows next year for 1/2 price, you are in for a surprise. The top bows from Bowtech, Hoyt, and Matthews hold their value, all the others may be close to 1/2 for a reason."

Last December, I bought a 5 month old 2010 Maxxis 35 for $460 on eBay. I let a one year old Alphamax slip by that sold for $385.

07-Feb-11
"My brother bought a new Z7 because hes one of the wantabees. It sounds like a 30.06 going off!!! Im currently shooting a 340 Destroyer and love it! As far as changing the draw length.. Why would you need to change it after getting it set up? Are your arms growing daily? I went in with an open mind and shot a Matrix, Z7 and the destoyer and it was hands down the Destoyer! Smooth, quiet and 0 hand shock!!!"

Amazing what different folks think. I have owned all three and the D340 came in last. Z7 sounds like a 30 06 LMAO

07-Feb-11
hoyt ben around for 80 years for a reason.bowtech did have the largest limb recall in history just 2 or 3 years ago.and remember most used bows viod the warrenty.

07-Feb-11
Midwest, Guess I shouldn't have included Hoyt in that group, I just thought they were more sought after than that.

07-Feb-11
@3Blade, I've owned a mightymite, 06 tribute and currently a 2010 D340 and have never cracked a limb. I've got a 20yrd indoor target in the basement and when the snow is bad and there's no season we're in the basement shootin. What your sayin is like saying just because Zenith was out before Sony then they must be better? I just shoot what feels good instead of what Mathews.. Opps, I mean instead of what someone tells me feels good.. Must be all that Mathews advertising comming out... lol

07-Feb-11
@Picher, LOL I've often wondered if the individual shops that does the initial setup has alot to do with noise, vibration ect and thats why everyone has a different experience? I've got a guy in our hunt club that shoots an Admiral and it is bar nun the quietest bow I've ever heard!! It's so quiet it's creepy!! When I got the D340 I shot 2 Admirals and nether impressed me. They sell Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, Bear.. They have and push more Bowtech so maybe it's in the sales?? Sounds stupid but there's logic behind it.. If your doing the selling and if you bleed bowtech your probably gonna take a little more pride in the intial setup? Sorry so long.. Just brain storming...

07-Feb-11
Rus- I agree. There is a shop around here, notice I didn't say pro. Anyway he sells 4 or 5 different brands but only "pushes" 1. If your not interested in that brand then he hardly even wants to talk.

07-Feb-11
Lots of brand proposals for you on this thread, but you did not state the purpose of the bow. The use should drive your specs and then look at each manufacturer to see what they offer that meets your specs. Try to shoot those models. If you need a shop to keep your bow in tune then they need to have expertise in the brand you buy. A good raport with the manufacturer is a plus, too. A lot of archers may be offering you advice based on five year or older bows they shoot, and you may be buying something totally different. Just another opinion....

08-Feb-11
As many have posted, all major brands have their legions of fans. Just shoot as many as you can and see which one you prefer.

However, when some start making claims that their choice of bow, shaft, release, etc, is "the best" for everyone, it raises my eyebrows.

To make a blanket statement that a certain brand is more reliable, more accurate and easy to tune, has the best risers and limbs in the industry, etc, it has a tendency to make that person lose credibility. Not only are those statements evidently based on bias and emotion, they simply aren't true. Their brand may be as good as another brand, and it may be the best for them, but it certainly isn't the best choice for everyone.

I've owned one Hoyt and it had a cable failure. I could use that experience to say all Hoyt's are a piece of junk, but that wouldn't be truthful or fair. I realize ANY bow can have a problem, although all brands are much more reliable now than they once were.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a huge BowTech fan, and have been for many years. Their bows are the best I've found that provide me with the most important things I look for in a bow. That said, I realize that many people have very different opinions on what is the best bow for them. That's why everyone needs to shoot a bow before they buy, so that you end up with the best bow for you.

08-Feb-11
This has been hashed over pretty well, but I say choose whichever feels best to you. For me lately that has been Bowtech.

08-Feb-11
Thanks guys for all the input. I actually prefer gmc.....ha ha I have shot both the bowtech and hoyt and they both feel and shoot pretty good. Hoyt maybe a little smoother and quieter. The only thing I don't like is the are a bit slower with advertised speed. Have not got to shoot them through a chronograph yet but will be before I buy.

08-Feb-11
Ford!!!!! LOL good one High country!!!

08-Feb-11
russ,i'm not saying they were first so must be better.i,m saying they been here for 80 year's.and i know that in 21 years i'v been shoting alot of bow companys have come and gone.and look up the limb recall you will find it.

08-Feb-11
Nick, I'll choose Dodge! ;^)

08-Feb-11
"Hoyt maybe a little smoother and quieter. The only thing I don't like is the are a bit slower with advertised speed. Have not got to shoot them through a chronograph yet but will be before I buy."

When you do this, I think that you'll find not a whole lot of difference. Please post back when the results. Hoyt's advertised speed is usually not inflated like other companies.

And if you're using the bow for hunting, speed is the least important thing when you are comparing modern compound bows.

08-Feb-11
"The only thing I don't like is the are a bit slower with advertised speed."

Slower? If by that you mean other manufacturers typically are slower than their stated speeds while Hoyt tends to shoot closer to it, then yes. The knock on Hoyt is their IBO's appear slower than the competition, but they tend to be about as fast once you account for IBO inflation by other manu's. This is especially true in shorter DL's.

08-Feb-11
Clee- I will post speeds when I able able to shoot, maybe not for a week or so though. I will be using it as a hunting bow. I somewhat disagree with you that speed is the last thing to look at in a hunting bow. If I can get bow A and shoot a 450 grain arrow at 300 fps or bow B and shoot a 375 grain arrow at 300 fps bow A will have more kinetic energy and should be quieter because of the heavier arrow.

08-Feb-11
Well lots of good info from alot of good intentioned bowmen . When we get down to brass tacks you will wind up purchasing whats best for you . Whichever it is best of luck to ya . Oh by the way no credibility should be taken away from any comment if it can in fact be backed up by concrete eveidence . Hoyt limbs and risers been the best in the industry is " well concrete " The facts are out there it's just wheather or not it's what we want to hear . Good luck man . Let us know what ya choose and then go thorp something . =)

09-Feb-11
Bought a Hoyt Maxxis. Shoots beautifully. Two deer, several javelinas, turkey, wild hogs. No complaints at all.

10-Feb-11
I just read so much negative about bow tech. I have a alpha max now just ordered an element. Ive shot alot of Mathews and liked the XT I didn't like the direction Mathews was going. so i went to hoyt, but the z7 tactical looks killer! Never heard too much negative about hoyt or mathews.

10-Feb-11
I got the Element. Outstanding in every way.

11-Feb-11
Just shot some bows again tonight. My wife ended up ordering a hoyt vicxen. I suppose I will have to get a hoyt as well?? I am still up in th air. Shot an element, crx 32, destroyer 340, and an elite, don't remember which model, it did have a 6" brace height.

Here are the speeds with a 70, 29" draw and 395 grain arrow.

Element : 286 fps Destroyer 340: 307 fps Elite : 305 fps Crx 32 : 281 fps ( they only had this in a 60 lb draw weight)

Ia am assuming a crx 32 in 70 lb would be same speed as the element.

The hoyts were smoother draw cycles and little less hand shock. Balanced very well also. Can't decide if about 25 fps slower is worth slightly less hand shock.

Now I have a bowtech ally and that is shooting 290 fps with same specs metioned above.

28-Jun-11
I've owned many Hoyt bows...had an problem with a limb on one of them...since the stopped making the limb they sent me a brand new bow only an updated model...impressed I must say. Have heard many good things about bowtech though as well and just bought my 8 year old one for his bday...very versitile and goes up to sixty pounds so should last him for a while.

28-Jun-11
Interesting.

Manufacturer's reps posting here I guess.

Honestly some folks just don't look very good in pom-poms and short skirts.... To say one maker is hands down superior to another is either clueless or disingenuous as to your bias. There are probably 4, 5, maybe 6 companies or more in the "best hunting bow" class. Really really good equipment. Tools.

All depends on what you criteria is. For some it's speed, others it's service, others it's forgiveness, some it's feel, etc. Obviously different bows shoot differently, feel different for everyone.

Being able to shoot each and every one of these bows before choosing one is a pure luxury a person would be foolish not to take advantage of. One I could only dream about.

Why anyone who didn't own stock would have that kind of brand loyalty is beyond me. It a tool, not a social organization. If you have the option to shoot them, do it. And forget about who's club is the coolest to be in.

28-Jun-11
great point TD, but Hoyt is by far a cooler club.

28-Jun-11
I shoot a Hoyt AlphaMax. Each year I look at the new bows coming out and say, WOW. I come to my senses and realize I don't need to spend the money. My bow shoots great and I'm comfortable with it. So many good bows today but I've never had a hunt where at the end of the day the manufacturer's label on the bow made the difference.

28-Jun-11
I too shoot a Hoyt Alpha Max. I like the General when I was trying to decide but what made me go with the Hoyt was the owner of the archery shop. He said that he never had problems with the Hoyt limbs.

After a couple of years shooting it and 14 harvested animals, I am still glad that I purchased the Hoyt. Very easy to tune.

28-Jun-11
shoot 3 arrow groups of three shots .go with the one you shoot best.in past three years ive had a hoyt katera.mathews dxt.hoyt maxxis .bowtech admiral flex.and mathews z7.all the companys make great bows and those that say that any company makes the best are full of crap.they all have pros and cons.the best is the one that fits you and matches your shooting style

29-Jun-11
not to bash on bowtech but if you look at their history in the last 5 years you will see that bowtech has had some problems. For that reason i would go hoyt. I hope bowtech has fixed everything because i do believe the make a very good product but i would like a few years of no problems be for a fork out the cash

29-Jun-11
I have both Both are great bows, the Bowtech is a little faster, but Hoyt is also a little smooth, quiet and easier to tune. Just my 2 cents

29-Jun-11
When I purchased my Hoyt in 2009 I had planned on getting another Mathews but I thought that I would shoot the Mathews, Bowtech and the Hoyt to be fair. Frankly, I think that every year the companies come out with something new which will make them feel a little different than the year before. Shoot all of them and make your decision on which one feels the best for YOU.

29-Jun-11
Hoyt, every day if the week, and twice on Sunday's

29-Jun-11
Hoyt, Matthews, Bowtech- all 3 are top shelf IMO. I do like hoyts best though

30-Jun-11
All awesome bows. I say go with the one that comes from the best dealer (SERVICE ORIENTED) in your vicinity. You can't go wrong if you have a great bow shop to take care of ya! GH

07-Jul-11
Try the Hoyt Rampage XT... You get the Hoyt quality with a little lighter price tag. Good luck in whichever you choose.

07-Jul-11
I have no experience with the bowtech but I broke a screw in my cam and called hoyt to buy a screw set, offered to pay for it and they wouldn't hear of it, sent me out a screw set for free.

07-Jul-11

07-Jul-11
I shoot Hoyt and my brother a Bowtech. We have both taken elk with them. Great bows. Shoot both and buy the one you feel comfortable with. Best of luck in the field.

09-Jul-11
In two years I have bought and sold many bows because I couldnt find one that I really liked.

I shot a bowtech destroyer 350 (good bow! Fast and smooth felt like the valley was a little short couldnt creep far forward without it jumping forward)

Bowtech Tomkat (nice bow got it all set up for 250 bucks! smooth and accurate but I wanted a faster bow)

Hoyt carbon matrix (smooth and quiet but not for me bought it used speed was mediocre and it made a weird twang maybe the previous owner was rough with it I dont know?)

Pse Omen Pro ( Too much bow for me valley is non existant but very fast)

Elite Pulse ( Great valley, great wall, very accurate this is the bow I love and am shooting with now)

09-Jul-11
I have a bowtech general - WOW...I vote Bowtech

• Sitka Gear