iceberg 30-Apr-12
Chip T. 30-Apr-12
iceberg 30-Apr-12
huntabsarokee 30-Apr-12
Mark Watkins 30-Apr-12
x-man 30-Apr-12
KS Flatlander 30-Apr-12
30-Apr-12
Having trouble with the old eyes. Anyone out there use one of these "rear" sights and what pros and cons have you discovered?

30-Apr-12

iceberg's Link
Hindsight works for me, but it's practically rocket science to figure out, but I'm pretty stupid, so may be easy for others.

30-Apr-12
So you like it vs a peep?

30-Apr-12
By a light-year or so, remember, we're talking about 'ole eyes'.

30-Apr-12
Had problems with the old eyes last year and tried several things which didn't work. Finally saw an eye doctor and had a cataract taken out of my right eye last month and the left eye is on for next week. See a doctor and find out is glasses or some surgery wil help you.

30-Apr-12
GET SECOND opinion BEFORE surgery. You can get lied to, I did, and some slight correction with prescription glasses worded wonders. Really like the Hindsight now.

30-Apr-12
I put on a perrys no peep last week. Got the whole thing front and back he calls the PNP. He sells just a rear sight that you can use with your current front sight. I removed a 5/16 peep and have good eye sight just didn't like looking through a peep at 1st light plus the down side of going to the larger peep size (I was using 1/4") for a greater FOV was offset by a little loss in accuracy. I think the side by side pin alignment with Perry's sight is accurate. Still need to shoot it more though. Google perrys no peep and you will find his sight.

30-Apr-12
I have used a hind sight for the past 5 years...It is a great asset (IMHO) to gaining repeatable accuracy as it is a very quick indicator of any hand torque. Also use the largest G5 Meta peep I can get..maybe 5/16" because of the way I line up to the sight picture...round on round on round. Greatly improved long range accuracy (70-90 yds) in practice rounds which in turn makes the 40 yd and under hunting shot much easier. A great/simple product for sure...

30-Apr-12
The big con is that it is less accurate(if you don't use with a peep). Like a pistol sight verses a rifle sight, the farther the front and rear aiming points are apart, the more accuracy potential there is. Now, I realize that some folks are very good with them, but we're talking about accuracy "potential".

I've had many guys come into my shop over the last several years wanting a rear sight type sight because of old eyes, and every one without exception was able to see just fine out of the proper sized peep. I haven't found anyones eyes so bad that a 5/16" or even a 1/4" peep was too small.

The problem with most of us our age is that we grew up shooting small peeps, and centering the pin in the peep. Now days you don't center the pins in the peep, you center the round pin guard in the peep.

Before you spend hard earned money on a new sight, try a 5/16" peep.

30-Apr-12
Very profound X-Man.....makes sense!

• Sitka Gear