Kurare 02-Apr-13
reflex1 02-Apr-13
smd39 02-Apr-13
Chief 419 02-Apr-13
osiris 02-Apr-13
Ziek 03-Apr-13
kellyharris 03-Apr-13
01-Apr-13
I have been looking for a vertical pin sight. only one i can find is throphy ridge. who else makes them and which is the best?

01-Apr-13
HHA, Montana Black Gold. I use the trophy ridge 5 pin and really like it. I find the vertical pin system to be more natural to my eye and of course targets are uncluttered by horizontal stems. I guess its whatever you get used to, but I like the vertical.

01-Apr-13
Love the setup of the trophy ridge but have had 2 fail now from cracks in the slides. Wont buy another one. Shame because the vertical pins give good view and no clutter as said.

01-Apr-13
ATA numbers showed that less than 1% of bowhunters liked vertical pins. I believe most if not all sight manufacturers are done developing these sights. They are still selling them, but not putting any more time and money into making them better. If you like them, buy some now, in a few years they'll be gone I think.

02-Apr-13

Buck Watcher's Link
Vital Gear.

02-Apr-13
I use HHA, good quality and their customer service is the best.

02-Apr-13
If you are talking multiple vertical pin bowsights, to my knowledge only Trophy Ridge makes them. I had their Flatliner bowsight a few years ago and it was a piece of junk and money thrown away. After the fiasco i have bought Trophy Taker Top Pin bowsight (two vertical + two horizontal pins) which was great, really tough and quality made but it lacked in pin brightness as only the top of the four pins had a wrapped fiber optic. It works perfectly if one would use mostly the top pin though. Then I bought Impact Cosmic single pin bowsight which was very bright but after some time I broke it - I was lured once again into the belief that plastic can have its place on a hunting bow... Well the housing was plastic andit broke and I use my equipment for real hunting where the gear must be sturdy. So then I bought a HHA OL 5019 X single pin bowsight which is as tough as it gets and it did not give me even one headache. This bowsight I still have on my backup/treestand bow. I must mention that HHA company Customer Service is in a class of itself - top of the top! I use it set at 30 yards all the time and have had great success with it. Well it so came that I setup a new bow this year and wanted multiple pins for longer shots and wanted vertical pins and wanted wrapped fiber optic on all pins. I did my research and read through dozens of positive reviews on Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha bowsights and then though a bit reluctant because I was burned with their Flatliner bowsight - I ordered one. I am completely satisfied! I can compare the quality of how this bowsight is built to the quality and sturdiness of HHA bowsights it is that good IMO! All aluminium! Every pin has a wrpped fiber optic. Tough. Quality. It will withstand hunting use without problems!

IMO if one wants a quality built multiple vertical pin bowsight The Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha series is the way to go - I dont have experience with their cheaper bowsights though. I am convinced that plastic has no place on a hunting bow (with a few rare exemptions)!

Janez

02-Apr-13
Thanks for the input. Looks like im gonna try the Alpha V5.

02-Apr-13
I don't understand why more people don't like them. I know to each his own, but there is so much less clutter when using them. I wish more people would start using them so there would be more options, like x-man said, if people aren't wanting them, companies aren't going to waste their time developing better versions.

02-Apr-13
I've owned the Vital Bow Gear and Trophy Ridge Alpha V5 5-pin vertical sights. Both are good. The pins on the Trophy Ridge sight are easier to adjust. The Trophy Ridge sight also has lighted pins for low light shooting. The only downside to the Alpha V5 is that you can strip the allen screws used to adjust the pins if you aren't careful. The Alpha V5 is what I'm shooting now and I wouldn't change it for anything else.

02-Apr-13

osiris's Link
Spot Hogg has a vertical pin for all their Hogg Mob sights: Hogg Father, Tommy Hogg and Boss Hogg.

03-Apr-13
Well, I tried a vertical pin sight when they first came out, and didn't like it at all. To me, it obscures more of the animal than horizontal placement, and the sight dots were less visible since they appear to be on a solid post instead of floating in air.

03-Apr-13
Cosmic makes one also

• Sitka Gear