fishunter 22-Oct-09
boman 22-Oct-09
Bake 22-Oct-09
LH 22-Oct-09
RLong 23-Oct-09
HunterJoe 23-Oct-09
LH 23-Oct-09
20-Oct-09
i currently shoot th 100gr finally got them tuned right i tried the g5 strikers didnt like them. was thinling about the wasp sst boss heard they are very sharp and fly great even at longer distance really tough to do that with a thunderhead they tend to plain any input would be great thanks

20-Oct-09
Wasp heada are very sharp and fly great. You will like them.

20-Oct-09
i have been shooting the wasp jak hammer for 15 years and my dad shoots the hammer sst for the last 12 excellent heads well built and some of the thickest blades out there you will not have any troubles with them.

20-Oct-09
I have used the Wasp BOSS 100gr heads and Wasp Jackhammers, and there is nothing wrong with them at all. Very sharp very strong blades, and that trocar tip will blast through about anything.

20-Oct-09
I used to shoot the Wasp Jackhammer's, nothing bad to see about them. Great head, flew wonderful, and killed many deer. However, I changed recently to the G5 Stryker and couldn't be anymore pleased.

20-Oct-09
I have used the wasp sst hammers 100 grain for years, this year I tried the Boss and ended up killing my elk with their 2 blade with a bleeder in it. I can't remember what it is called but it looks like the old style fred bear type. Anyway I like them all but I was impressed with the down range performance of the two blade. I like these broad heads because they come in 6 packs vs. 3 packs for the same money. More slice for your Buck!

20-Oct-09
I love Wasp heads.

20-Oct-09
Wasp - good all around. Sharp well made.

20-Oct-09
Both the mechanicals and the fixed blade are good broadheads.

Mike

20-Oct-09
The old SST's are awesome.

20-Oct-09
Stay away from the Jakhammers. I've killed two deer with them; the first deer one blade sheared, on the second deer, 2 of the 3 blades sheared off at the ferrule. I know many have had success with these heads. These are the only two times I've shot them, I just can't give them another chance.

21-Oct-09
I like the wasps in 100 gr fly great very tough very easy to tune.Also love the 100 gr thunderheads. Have used nothin but these 2 heads for 24 years now with great results.

21-Oct-09
I shot the old Wasps for a long time, the ones that had the collars you had to move around to insert the blades. Never ever had an issue with them. I now shoot Slick Trick MAGS becasue I wanted to try something new, but I will most likely be buying some Wasps in the future as they are basically the same head from different makers. One of the better fixed heads on the market IMO.

21-Oct-09
Have shot the jakhammer off and on for several years, never had an issue with them.

21-Oct-09
"Have shot the jakhammer off and on for several years, never had an issue with them."

+1

Hunting patner and I have using Jak hammers for years. We have had a bent blade or two no big deal.

I was thinking about trying there four blade boss. Has anyone used this head?

22-Oct-09
tanks for some input i love my thunderheads but lately with my new bow the bowtech guardien 60# 28 1/2 arrow i have a tough time after 30 yard gettin good groups my cousin is tryin to get me to buy slick tricks but for the price i would rather the boss sst 100 3blade or 4 blade more for the money

22-Oct-09
I have used the wasp in the past and never had problems. I also like grim reapers. The only reason I used something besided wasp is I prefer not to have an O ring, jus a personal preference they never caused an issue.

Tried Rage this year to off the adivce of a buddy and will never use them again. The best thing rage taught me was that with enough marketing you could sell a bag of sh&* and people will buy it.

22-Oct-09
I've also used the JakHammers off and on for a couple years, and haven't had any problems. I like them. But am currently shooting a fixed blade. Bouncing back and forth between Magnus Snuffer SS and G5 Montecs, trying to decide which I like better

Can definitely see myself buying another pack of JakHammers though. Especially when turkey season rolls around

Bake

22-Oct-09
I have killed several deer with wasp broadheads, I shot 48 with the jackhammers. I had 1 out of every 8 not perform right. Ex. not opening properly a blade comming out they flew great. Another thing I noticed was they are noisy in flight. When they worked they were devastating on whitetail deer. One tip I found is when you get in the stand and knock an arrow and open the broadhead then close it. The retaining ring that holds the blade will vibrate and make the blades hard to open. The SST Hammers are very good no problems and they are quiet in flight. I have killed several deer with Thunderheads also They are good too.LH

23-Oct-09
I shoot the BOSS SST 100 3-blade and will not be changing broadheads anytime soon. Shot Wasp for years, through all of the Camlock lines and a couple Hi-tech models. Left for a few years to shoot Thunderheads. Back to Wasp now the past few years and wondering why in the world I ever left? They are extremely well made, I feel the sharpest on the market out of the package, and fly like darts.

23-Oct-09
LH-My hunting partner and I have used the Jackhammers for several years and have killed a bunch of deer. Many of them large bodied IL bucks. Never had one issue. All performed perfectly. I am surprised you have had the problems you mention?

23-Oct-09
HunterJoe-They may have improved them I have not shot them for several years. The problem I was having was I practiced with my quiver on and the ring inside that the blades attaches to would vibrate toward the arrow a little. It was easy to fix once I figured out what was happening you just simply open the blades. They would be hard to open. When I would shoot at a deer over 35 yards they seemed to duck I stood to the side while my friend shot one at the target they were loud. The SST Hammer was quiet and performed flawlessly.LH

• Sitka Gear