Craig 10-Oct-06
dustyvarmint 11-Oct-06
Big J 11-Oct-06
Shuteye 11-Oct-06
sticksender 11-Oct-06
sticksender 11-Oct-06
JTV 11-Oct-06
10-Oct-06
Is there someplace you can look up prevailing wind direction for any given area?

I read an article that said you could to to the NOAA at www.ncdc.noaa.gov

I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.

Anyone know?

thanks, dv

10-Oct-06
Try this link

http://www5.ncdc.noaa.gov/documentlibrary/pdf/wind1996.pdf

10-Oct-06
intellicast.com

click on windcast.

It gives you wind forecasts for the next few days for your location.

Or, if you go to WBAY.com, you can get a detailed, hour by hour wind/precipitation forcaset for any location with their Personal Forecast. Check it on their weather page.

10-Oct-06
www.weather.com

www.accuweather.com

11-Oct-06
thanks all. dv

11-Oct-06
I used to wory about prevailing wind direction also. To be honest with you I am now more interested in the current wind as apposed to the prevailing. A prevailing wind direction does not take into account wind swirl, eddies, etc.

11-Oct-06
I always set up my blinds based on the prevailing wind, which is from the Northwest in my area. However, in the Autum the wind frequently blows from all directions and sometimes straight down. hee hee

I have a couple of blinds I only hunt when bad weather is approaching and the wind is from the East.

One of my favorite times to hunt is after a storm and the wind picks up from the Northwest and blows steady. I actually like to hunt with a fairly good wind, it covers little sounds and movements.

11-Oct-06
Click "wind streamlines" on this map for the most useful display.

I don't think there's any such thing as a "prevailing wind direction" here in the midwest ;-)

11-Oct-06

sticksender's Link
Click "wind streamlines" on this map for the most useful display.

I don't think there's any such thing as a "prevailing wind direction" here in the midwest ;-)

11-Oct-06
Weather.com gives upcoming hour by hour wind directions, all you have to do is put in the zipcode for the area your hunting. I use it all the time..Jeff

• Sitka Gear