ironhunter 18-Oct-09
Sharp Stick 18-Oct-09
T Mac 18-Oct-09
BUCTRK 18-Oct-09
Clutch 18-Oct-09
BigAl 19-Oct-09
ironhunter 19-Oct-09
17-Oct-09
I am looking for a decent flashlight for tracking deer after dark. I was thinking the new Duracell Daylight, but havent tried it yet. Any suggestions?

17-Oct-09
Streamlight 4AA....amazing small flashlight...have dropped mine at work 12 feet onto concrete and it still works. I use it for inspecting aircraft but during hunting season it`s in my pocket...You can google it..

17-Oct-09
I will check it out thanks. I`m looking for one with high lumans, 100 or so

17-Oct-09
I still like using a coleman latern for trailing at night on the long blood trails. Plenty bright and last a long time.

17-Oct-09
Coleman lantern when we have the chance to go back to camp. Most of the time we use our 6 LED headlamps and don't head back to get the lantern.

18-Oct-09
Their are a lot of LED flashlights on the market now that put out 100+ to even over 200 lumens. I`m not talking about the cheap multi LED lights that you see for 10 dolars. Fenix is one brand but there are several others. Be prepared for a little sticker shock. They start at about 50ish dollars and go up to 250 +. Search this forum as there was a thread on flashlights last winter. That is where I learned about Fenix lights.

I ended up buying two Fenix TK-20 flashlights. One for hunting and one for the truck. They were on the low end of the price scale. I`m very pleased, they make regular flashlights look like toys. Fenixgear is the site I bought from.

18-Oct-09
second Fenix... great light for price

18-Oct-09
brothersofthebow.com Fenix main beam great light

18-Oct-09
Nice and rugged looking thanks guys. that probably the one.

18-Oct-09
Streamlight--Super Tactical High Perf Tactical---C4 Led---order #88700---about $85.00---I love it and batteries last a while--always keep extra on u---The flash light is about 7"s long--super bright--easy to pick up blood

19-Oct-09
Fenix worked good last night tracking a doe. The blood trail had stopped but I spotted her off a ways while just sort of casting about and looking. Without a good, bright, white light I may not have seen her lying there.

19-Oct-09
Many of the new LED flashlights are voltage regulated so they work very well on rechargable batteries. That is what I run in mine. Because of the regulated voltage they maintain brightness even as the battery level falls off.This is unlike regular lights that get dimmer right from the get go as the voltage drops.

• Sitka Gear