thesquid 17-Jan-10
gobbler 17-Jan-10
itshot 17-Jan-10
whump 17-Jan-10
bowriter 18-Jan-10
scentman 18-Jan-10
thesquid 18-Jan-10
15-Jan-10
????????? never thought of this. I've two friends that are PHD's in Biology I'll have to ask. I don't see why not though, people can't be the only weard animals on this planet.

15-Jan-10
Finally. A fresh question on the Bowsite! Its been a few years (well, other that the fetus mount thread)....

15-Jan-10
Whump Sez: NO! Do not drink the bong water. Hunt safe.

16-Jan-10
I like the deer blood type that gets smeared all over my fletchings--

16-Jan-10
red and red with bubbles

16-Jan-10
"Do not drink the bong water"

Too funny...8^) That's a classic.

16-Jan-10
Got me to wondering too so I plugged in deer blood types on Google. First hit - this thread. :)

16-Jan-10
rofl...Salagi

16-Jan-10
.Being acquainted with the deer studies conducted by the MDC here close to home, they collected lots of blood from different ones. They were doing quite a bit of genetic studies that led them to believe there could be something to typing what daddy sired what fawn but seems that the blood type was pretty much the same. Deer blood was deer blood. Lots of info concerning the movement of younger bucks from place to place. This movement pattern tended to show that "old Mother Nature" has her own way of the redistribution of deer among the males so that the imbreeding of sons with moms or sisters seems to be a rarity.One little button buck caught and collared showed up about 40 miles, as the crow flies, from where he was caught and tagged. The MDC has some interesting data from those studies. Should be available on request. lareva

17-Jan-10
Talked to one of the guys with the PHD and he said that he believes the deer all have the same blood.

17-Jan-10
The only reason to woory about it is if you are planning on doing blood transfusions to deer. Used to be used in law enforcement but with DNA analysis thats pretty much obsolete. May be of help in catch and release hunting, if you can get to the deer quick enough to give it a transfusion before it dies. I wouldn't wait the required 20 minutes to get on the bloodtrail.

17-Jan-10
1)traces

2)drips

3)puddles

4)smears

5)sprays

6)firehose

17-Jan-10
Whump Sez: well I have to back up a bit----sheep , horses, cattle, goats, dogs and cats all have different blood types so no reason to think deer do not have different blood types. But you could send me some seeds. Sorry for jumping in like I did "bowslinger." Hunt safe

18-Jan-10
The answer is not cut and dried. All deer do not have the same blood type. The type will vary withing sub-species and within species. For example, a mule deer will have a differen type than a whitetail. But does blood "type" vary within species? I have no idea.

But of even more importance is, I don't care :)

18-Jan-10
I like the type "B" - BACKSTRAPS baby!

18-Jan-10
Yep the Back Straps R Great, I also go for the T-Loins - that's the first to go.

• Sitka Gear