vic 22-Jan-08
bohuntr 22-Jan-08
Kirkus 23-Jan-08
Dan the bugle man 23-Jan-08
Stealthmode 24-Jan-08
CRobH 24-Jan-08
14-Jan-08
Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to arrow a real nice bull in Montana this past September. The taxidermist gave me all winter to think about what type of pose I wanted. I was hoping that some of you can post pictures of your mounts with the details on what position and type of mount it is. (Example: Right Semi Sneak). Plus I also enjoy seeing all of your trophies :-) I also have had people tell me to get the antlers detachable which I don't think I want to do. Any thoughts on that?

Rob

14-Jan-08

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo
It would have stuck out too far from the wall, so I did a turning pose. The left antler is removable.

Good luck.

14-Jan-08

BRI's embedded Photo
BRI's embedded Photo

17-Jan-08
Thanks Big Fin and BRI. I like the idea of the head turned like that. I am assuming that the removable antler was to make it possible to get into the house. Would it have been possible to get in to your house without the removable antler?

17-Jan-08

Kodi's embedded Photo
Kodi's embedded Photo
Right Semi Sneak Not detached. As long as I can get em in they stay on.

19-Jan-08
One of the keys to a pose is where the mount will go. If you live in the standard 8' tall ceiling house, then most mounts will greet you at eye level. You can gain a bit by turning them and using a bugle pose, but that only gains a foot or so. I have all mine in a turn/semi-sneak position. Sorry, I don't have pics right now. I'll try to get some later.

19-Jan-08

Bullhound@home's embedded Photo
Extreme left Bugle is what the Taxidermist called.

19-Jan-08

Another of this guy in the ol' rec room:)

19-Jan-08

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo

19-Jan-08

BlacktailStalker's embedded Photo
BlacktailStalker's embedded Photo

19-Jan-08

Brock-ID's embedded Photo
Brock-ID's embedded Photo

20-Jan-08

SERBIANSHARK's embedded Photo
SERBIANSHARK's embedded Photo

20-Jan-08

keep's embedded Photo
keep's embedded Photo
Here's mine

20-Jan-08

CNEDEER's embedded Photo
CNEDEER's embedded Photo

20-Jan-08

CNEDEER's embedded Photo
CNEDEER's embedded Photo

21-Jan-08
Kind of curious what the pedestal mount weights.

I like the mounts with the heads completely turned but I don’t think it would work for my location.

CNEDEER, what do they call that position? Bugle left?

Also, was everyone without detachable antlers able to get their mounts through your door and into your house without any problems?

Keep the pictures coming. Thanks to all who have posted your pictures. They all are beautiful animals and mounts.

Rob

21-Jan-08
Wish I knew how to do this; I've got a digital camera but don't know how to download to this site.

21-Jan-08
I think it is called a 1/2 bugle with a 1/4 left turn. The mouth is only slightly open and the turn is quite gentle.

21-Jan-08

vic's embedded Photo
vic's embedded Photo
If you do one bugling, make sure they get the wrinkles in the nose, really makes it look good.

21-Jan-08
Vic, nice article in EBJ

22-Jan-08
Thank you. It was a great hunt. Still can't believe the whole thing pulled together in one day. Like I said in the article, lots and lots of luck, from the cloud cover to the rams staying put.... etc. You can't make those things happen, they just work for you or against you. I guess you use what you have to work with and use your head.

22-Jan-08

vic's embedded Photo
vic's embedded Photo
Here's another elk pic

22-Jan-08

bohuntr's embedded Photo
bohuntr's embedded Photo
Not sure what the pose is called.

23-Jan-08
Nice mounts folks

Hey bohuntr - I like your Jack Paluh painting on the wall - I have a few of his prints as well

23-Jan-08

Dan the bugle man's embedded Photo
Dan the bugle man's embedded Photo
Here is whats hard left turn bugling

24-Jan-08
It's nice to see so many homes adorned with mounts of the trophies people have taken.It's always a good sign when your running out of wall space.We are probably lucky our wives don't mind having the animals staring at them either.

24-Jan-08
Stealthmode,

How right you are. I know quite a few hunters that aren't allowed to hang any trophy mounts in their own house. I consider my self lucky that my wife likes the deer mounts and she is looking forward to the elk mount.

• Sitka Gear