RMA 31-May-13
otcWill 31-May-13
Jaquomo_feral 31-May-13
hooch08 31-May-13
RandyV 11-Jun-13
elkhuntr 12-Jun-13
Badger10 22-Jul-16
04-Aug-09
I just went scouting for a bear in unit 2, and 201 have some pics of deer and elk. If there is anyone getting to go hunt these areas and needs a little Pick me up, hit me up

05-Aug-09
Show them anyway. I always need i pick up

05-Aug-09
I drew 201 Muzzy and have some video but would love to see some pics

Elk-n

05-Aug-09

HuntFreak's embedded Photo
Some might be a little blurry, but here ya go!

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09

05-Aug-09
HuntFreak

Great Pics, were these 201? PM Sent

Elk -n

05-Aug-09
Great pics. I have 18 NR PP and hope to hunt that area one day.

18-Aug-09
i have a tag for unit 2. It's first season cow. First time ever going up there, any tips on where to start?

18-Aug-09
weaseljosh PM me. I hunted area 2 1st cow recently and can give a little advice. It's a fun but tuff hunt. The frist three days of our hunt we saw 13 nice bulls and not cows.

18-Aug-09
Do you have any idea of what part of the unit you will be hunting

27-Aug-09
well went out last weekend..saw some nice bulls and we think a couple cows. They were on the run though trees. Also saw some nice bucks and does, sorry HuntFreak no bears but there was a couple of huge coyotes out there, didn't have the .223 handy. We went to Douglas Mountain one day and then tried out by lookout mountain, it's pretty baron out there. Still looking for any help on finding some cows. I know its a high bull to cow ratio, but i know they have to be out there somewhere.

27-Aug-09
Douglas MNT is a good area. Go to the end on the MNT hunt lkeft side on the road and stay on top. Goinig towards Lookout check out the area that looks like an old airfield. West end as it falls over held elk when I was up there.

14-Sep-11
Hunt Freak....where were you when you took picture of those 2 bulls....I've 16pp now and am holding out for a Muzzy hunt....probalby draw at 18pp...wanna start scouting now.

14-Sep-11
Hunt Freak....where were you when you took picture of those 2 bulls....I've 16pp now and am holding out for a Muzzy hunt....probalby draw at 18pp...wanna start scouting now.

04-Oct-11
I have Unit 2 buck tags this year. We have always hunted up by Powderwash in the past, but going to be down on the south side this year. Does anyone have any thoughts on where to hunt?

BTW we have usually taken cows on the north side of Unit 2 by the WYO border. Also seen quite a few up by Lookout Mt in the later seasons. The crazy part is we usually see more bulls than cows. Some really nice ones, but a ton of rag horn and genetically weak ones too. DOW needs to figure a way to issue some tags to thin the crap genes out of that area.

04-Oct-11
I'm not sure how anyone can figure they will draw that tag with 18 points....no offense 201 but you may be waiting quite a bit longer.

I looked at it and assuming someone with about 20 points drew the [one or two non res tags- right?] if there are even just 20 guys ahead of you it can be 10-20 years to draw that tag- thats just stupid

04-Oct-11
I got 19 NR's and gave up hoping. Still applying, but moose hunting is twice the rush.

Bowmania

04-Oct-11
I arrowed the "front" bull in the photos on Sept 1, 2009! Great photos that HuntFreak took for sure! I also have one of his sheds from a couple of years before I killed him.

Kurt

31-May-13
I drew the 201 archery tag this year. Anyone willing to help me out with research?

31-May-13
I have a good friend and older gent that drew a muzzy tag and I'm going to do my best to set him up though I can't hunt with him. I'll keep ya posted, RMA.

31-May-13
My partner and I drew Unit 2 archery elk this year. I have some good advice from a couple other Bowsiters, but would like more input from anyone who has hunted it recently.

Please PM me if you don't mind. Much appreciated.

Hopefully I can repay the favor someday, in some way.

31-May-13
Congrats Jaquomo! Kill a bigun'.

11-Jun-13
I also drew an archery tag for 201 this year and am looking for any help I can get. Nothing beats boots on the ground but would like to narrow my starting point.

12-Jun-13
RanyV, how many points did it take you? Resident? Elkhuntr

22-Jul-16
Randy, Did you hunt unit 201 archery in 2013? I have a tag this year and am looking for some help with locations to focus on. Thanks, Ben

• Sitka Gear