dennisomfs 25-Nov-09
vaelkhntr 30-Nov-09
trophyhill 30-Nov-09
Hobe 23-Dec-09
JMO012366 25-Dec-09
Hobe 31-Dec-09
jikl890 28-Jul-11
24-Nov-09
Has anyone hunted with Conejos River Outfitters? Four of us from Wisconsin are looking to do a drop camp elk hunt in 2010 and after reading about Pat's 2008 hunt it seems like a pretty good outfit and the prices are reasonable. We are looking for an area with a good chance for action. Would welcome any other recommendations also.

25-Nov-09
..haven't hunted the area but have fished the conejos(Conejos River Ranch)...the other side of the mountain (towards Chama,NM) has always been good so suspect it might be pretty good for elk in the 260-320 range ....good luck

30-Nov-09
Dobes...pm me for some info

30-Nov-09
i think theres a trout behind every rock in the conejos. i saw them jumping everywhere just driving along the conejos as we were heading to our elk spots in sept.

23-Dec-09
Hello, I grew up in Baraboo, good to see some Wisc boys going elk hunting. I spent two weeks with Scott and Zuke at CRV outfitters last year. One week hunting out of their Twin Lake drop camp and the second week I went up near Hilman Park. I had a blast!! I did not kill an elk, but came to full draw on three different bulls and could not quite get the arrow into their lungs. We saw elk, some were bugling but it came later last year. I am already booked for the last two weeks of 2010 season. It is TOUGH county, the So. San Juan Wilderness area. Call me 512-295-2926, leave a message. hobe..

25-Dec-09
I tried using their service for a September 09 archery elk hunt. Spoke several times on the phone and seemed like a great guy. Paid 50% deposit on my credit card and never heard another word from him? Called and text messaged him for 6 weeks with no reply? Ended up filing a complaint with the Colorado BBB & division of wildlife.

Ended up doing a pack in hunt in unit 71. Saw lots of elk with several mature bulls. Shot a nice 5x6 bull that I grunted in at 20 yards. Joe

31-Dec-09
as per JM012366 Private Reply; I checked Colorado BBB, three offices, Denver for entire state, Colorado Springs for SE and the SW office. None had any complaints on record for Conejos Rvr Outfttr nor for the Skyline Lodge. I checked with the Colorado Attorney Generals Office same thing, no complaints on record. One group that came in as I was leaving was a real "winner". I guess we all have different expectations but hunting is something YOU have to do, regardless of what guide you hire. I stand by my high recommendations of Conejos River Outfitters. If you filed a complaint with Col. BBB, you must have one it wrong because it is not on record in Col. shane (hobe)

28-Jul-11
I know this is an older thread but I would recommend doing homework before booking here. I talked to a gentleman from them a few times, and was looking forward to booking. However, after calling the CO Dept of Wildlife and the CO Association of Outfitters, they do not have any valid licenses and sounded as if CO is going through the process of the legalities. I would stay away.

• Sitka Gear