dapper 29-Jan-16
ElkNut1 29-Jan-16
Ermine 29-Jan-16
ElkNut1 29-Jan-16
Ermine 29-Jan-16
ElkNut1 29-Jan-16
Ermine 29-Jan-16
07-May-13
Any 1 had chance to run one of these arrows thru a deer or elk ? how did it hold up ?

07-May-13
I'm curious to hear about others experiences with these arrows as well. I've been considering switching from Easton axis to VAP or GT Kinentics.

07-May-13
I started shooting Black Eagle Arrow's new Rampage and Deep Impact shafts, and love them. Instead of using the outsert, Im using Easton Acc half out inserts or Carbon Express half out inserts for the old Edge shafts that fit perfectly inside the shaft. For my recurve bows, I had some broadhead adapters made that I can glue a Zwickey on and the back of the adapter slips up into the shaft like the ACC half out inserts do...gives me great FOC, plus In dont have to use the outsert...Firenock makes a lighted nock that fits the Rampage and the Deep Impact shafts perfectly...

08-May-13
Bought 2 dozen two years ago, the ICE shafts. Supposed to have a slick finish. I like them , they shoot well, had them crested , fletched and thru elk and deer with no problems.

08-May-13
The shafts are great. The Aluminum Penetrator inserts are JUNK. They will easily deform shooting into a bag target. I wouldnt hesitate shooting them with a stainless Penetrator insert or a half in half out.

08-May-13
I shoot them. Great arrows, but had the same experience as Bowfreak regarding the inserts. You have to buy stainless-don't waste your money on aluminum. And yes, the arrows with ss inserts are EXPENSIVE!

10-May-13
Just like the old afc shafts that I liked and everyone here didnt ( back a long time ago ) these are just as good. I had no issues and they performed just as well as the old AFC did in the early 90's

11-May-13
I shot and loved them, didn't have the insert experiences that others above have mentioned but I read enough about it to stop using the arrow. Blew through a few deer last year with them and loved how they performed. I just wish they didn't have the bad insert press.

12-May-13
I shoot them and love them. They performed great last year on the elk I shot. No problems with the inserts, I shooth them into both a bag target and into a compressed cardboard target, no problems.

12-May-13

Coues HNTR's embedded Photo
Coues HNTR's embedded Photo
The wound you see is the exit

13-May-13
After reading tons of reviews and talking to alot of people i am going to get a dozen of the VAP V1s found at a decent price lots of great reviews looking forward to using shooting them out my new hoyt spyder turbo

13-May-13
After reading tons of reviews and talking to alot of people i am going to get a dozen of the VAP V1s found at a decent price lots of great reviews looking forward to using shooting them out my new hoyt spyder turbo

13-May-13

Adam Greentree's embedded Photo
Adam Greentree's embedded Photo
I love the Victory VAPs and have had nothing but excellent results using these shafts with both Stainless Steel inserts and the new ALU insert/outserts with the collar inset which greatly protects the front of the shaft.

29-Jan-16
Anyone else? I'm thinking about trying some VAPs. Do they shoot as good as their specs say?

If I got some I think I would run the deep 6 inserts in them instead of a outsert.

29-Jan-16
I shot them for a few years. The 350's. I'm not a competition type shooter, so for me they flew as good as any other arrows. I liked the small diameter and I used firenock outserts. I've never had a problem with the outserts. The one thing that I noticed, and this may be a problem with all small diameter arrows or the way new carbon arrows are, is if they don't get full penetration, most likely they will snap in half with a "clean break". I don't know what pressure it takes to break one, but the elk I shot right behind the shoulder, snapped it like a toothpick when he took off. A ten pointer I shot this year through the shoulder blade and into the spine, snapped it in half when he fell. The second arrow to finish the job broke cleanly as he thrashed about for a few seconds. Before shooting these I was kind of used to carbon arrows kind of splintering when they break, sometimes just dangling as they run off. After taking the animal, the arrow has done its job and I can afford to scrap an arrow, but it just seemed to bother me for some reason. I switched to carbon express extreme pass thru piledrivers. Who knows maybe they will snap cleanly as well. I'll know in a few years.

I still wouldn't be afraid to use those I have left if it came down to it.

Happy Hunting Dan

29-Jan-16

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Ray, I shot the VAP-V1 for elk this year too. I really like how easy they tuned & flew beautifully with the 92 grain steel insert & a 100 grain head! No trouble after 100's of shots with durability or the steel inserts bending. The only thing I'd recommend is to use JB Weld epoxy & not the two green epoxy packages they supply with the arrows. The JB Weld is so much stronger. I did have a couple inserts stay in the target with their epoxy but no issues with the JB Welded inserts.

25 yard shot, complete pass through & never found the arrow!

ElkNut1

29-Jan-16
Any durability issues? I've heard guys say the VAPs break easier compared to Easton injections

29-Jan-16

Justin, I personally didn't have any durability issues. I had tested these shafts earlier from 20 yards to 50 yards in 5 sheets of 5/16" each cement board. I'm sure there were 100 shots apiece in this cement board, not one issue with a VAP failing.

Here's a 50 yard shot with two VAP's, the third arrow is the easton axis, you can tell them apart by looking at the shafts.

ElkNut1

29-Jan-16
Nice that's good to hear. I might try a few out. I like that the VAPs are offered in stiffer spine than Easton injections. I'd use the deep 6 inserts in the VAPs thou.

29-Jan-16
Sounds good! So I assume they fit that diameter? I'd like to check them out, thanks for the info!

ElkNut1

29-Jan-16
Yea I've heard from others that they fit. A lot of people don't like deep 6 hidden inserts. But I do. I like that the arrows spin good

• Sitka Gear