Redoak 29-Sep-15
5575 29-Sep-15
5575 21-Sep-16
Thornton 21-Sep-16
Will 21-Sep-16
B N A A guy 23-Sep-16
kota-man 23-Sep-16
30-Dec-13
I'm in the process of looking into booking a 2015 elk hunt for my brother and myself. A little history first, we have been on several, in excess of ten, elk hunts out west that have netted us bulls on almost every trip however all trips have produced bulls in the 220-250 range. We have decided to postpone our hunt next year and push it back a year in an effort to save and budget for a try to get an opportunity at a bull each that breaks that magical 300 mark. Our budget will be around $8500 each and would be open to either bow or rifle. I was starting to look at BC for but don't know if we would have better chances in the states. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

30-Dec-13
Do you have preference points in any state. That will be a big factor in WY and to a lesser degree in MT.

30-Dec-13
If you have $8500 each I'd seriously look at New Mexico. If you don't draw you might be able to buy a land owner tag and hire an outfitter for that.

30-Dec-13
Give Vinny Delgado at Montana Hunt & Fish co. Hunt their Willow Creek property and you will have 100% chance at 300+ bulls with rifle and 100% chance at 275+ bulls. I missed a giant 350 bull on day 1 and killed on day 2 and also killed a 150" whitetail on day 4. Had I drew an antelope tag I would have killed a B&C goat but for whatever reason odds where not in my favor on a 80+% draw.

They have had 100% success for bow and rifle the last many years. Tell them Pat from Boston sent you - they may only increase your price a little.

Guides are awesome and will film your hunts if you want. Check out my rifle hunt below.

I went on this hunt because a few guys in here recommended the hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-x_SPKoIwQ

30-Dec-13

B N A A guy's embedded Photo
B N A A guy's embedded Photo

B N A A guy's Link
Hello, I am a Bowsite sponsor and can offer you some Elk options to consider also. Your goals are very realistic and your budget you are allowing has a lot of options. As stated above preference or bonus points will come into play in some Western States like WY and others. New Mexico with us in the primitive weapons units of 13 and 15 would be a good choice also. Several options to consider and I would be happy to start going over any questions and concerns that you have for a potential trip.

If you would like to know more please feel free to contact me and we can go from there.

Wherever you wind up I wish you the best of luck and hope you will share your story with our Bowsite community. Best of luck and Happy New Year !!

Best regards, Scott Alberda

Bow and Arrow Adventures - Bowsite sponsor

30-Dec-13
New Mexico units 13, 15, and the 16s are very good units I would look into something there. Check into Mick Chappel at nmtrophyhunts.com

30-Dec-13
I second Sage Buffalo. Call Vinny at Montana Hunt & Fish Co. He's the only outfitter I recommend.

30-Dec-13
You should be able to hunt for 2 weeks for $8500.

30-Dec-13
Or two states. For 8500 you have a ton of options with landowner tags on great property.

30-Dec-13
If you have points built up in WY I would highly suggest you give PROFESSIONAL HUNTING SERVICES in Sheridan Wy a call. Darren's hunters are 100% on 300+" bulls with archery equipment "thats not a misprint". Believe me its that good, and you'll save some money as well! I was like you but was going to hold out for a 345" bull, I ended up shooting the bull of my dreams, much bigger than I had hoped for! And my partner took a 330" bull the same morning I took mine!

30-Dec-13
Check out compass west outfitters in NM. Hunted with them this past fall and took a nice 309 5x4. Seen a lot of nice bulls and the guides are very good.

30-Dec-13
Thanks guys for the leads, I do have five points in wyoming and six in colorado, keep the suggestions coming if you can, I appreciate all the help guys!

30-Dec-13

5575's embedded Photo
5575's embedded Photo
Heres my bull that I was telling you about in my post above, always dreamed of taking a bull like this with whale tails! I sent you a PM "message" as well with more info.

Good luck!

31-Dec-13
For a great, affordable wilderness hunt, try Indian Summer Outfitters. They run a great camp.

31-Dec-13
ml335....

I have hunted with Vinny for 4 years in a row and will be going back this fall for my 5th year in a row. A couple of things...

1. BigDan is known on bowsite as probably the most successful elk killer on the entire website. There is a lot of experience here but he is known as king of the hill. There was a feature on him so it goes to show that his word is respected as an elk hunter. I would take his word on anything to do with hunting and killing big elk.

2. I don't know Sage Buffalo at all, but he is spot on about his description about Vinny. In my 15 or so days in the field with Vinny, I would say that 13 of the 15, I had an opportunity to take, with a bow, an elk above 250". Part of my problem is seeing a 330" bull on the first day and holding out!

3. Dont listen to the other posters about how to spend your money. You can go on a $20,000 coyote hunt. Who cares, it's your money and spend it as you please. It's all relative to your comfort level on price. Vinny has a very competitive prices for his hunts and as far as what's important to me. Seeing animals and the total experience are what I was looking for.

4. Read the outfitter reviews and call Vinny. He'll be the first to tell you that I call him fairly often to talk about elk hunts and hunting. Great guy, good family and runs a great operation. I just took my 75yr old grandpa on a hunt with Vinny last year, you can call him for a reference as well!

Best of luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

31-Dec-13
Another option would be Northern BC. Lots and lots of elk, and they are very naïve, as the hunting pressure is almost zero. The bulls in northern BC are a bit smaller than those found in southern BC or the Southwest US, but you would have a good chance at a 280-310 bull, and see lots of elk.

01-Jan-14
Contact wyomingoutfitters.com Lee Livingston and crowcreekoutfitters.com, Mike Parsons, Montana

02-Jan-14
Sage, you shot on day 1? Don't recall that though there was plenty of shooting on day 2.... ;o))

Seriously, what these guys are saying about Vinny's operation is true. I'm the second hunter in this expanded version of Sage's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU9Tr79XhKI

Oh, and I'm going back next fall with my bow.

09-Jan-14
Carl Montoya Three links outfitters NM unit 17 Check him out on facebook

10-Jan-14
Pm sent

10-Jan-14
I know a good outfitter in Wyoming too. 300 isn't all that big. You could hunt there in a general license and still keep racking up your points as long as you didn't mind applying for the Special license. Hunt is only $3900 so yeah... you could hunt 2 weeks. AND.... he has a September 26th gun opener so you can hunt with a bow, and then go to gun while they are still bugling. How freakin' nice is that! You'd definitely need to book now to get those dates where bow rolls into gun.

I have a good friend who guides for him. He guided for me for several years too. I have also guided for the guy and like his area a lot. It's a horseback hunt. You can also buy a bear tag for $313 and if you kill one it's only a $400 fee.

28-Sep-15
Mule, do you have any more info on said hunt?

5575, does the place you hunted with have a website? Can't seem to find one.

29-Sep-15
I just got back from the hunt that 5575 is talking about, it's hard to put into words just how good it is, what an awesome place. PM if you want info on my experience.

29-Sep-15
Right on! I can't wait to hear the story!

21-Sep-16

5575's embedded Photo
5575's embedded Photo
Man I wish I would have had a tag this year to hunt with Darrin again Redoak! His first three hunters "one a week" are putting down some awesome bulls in 2016 thats for sure! I think he has one more hunter to go next week, I'll keep you posted. He said the antler growth was exceptional this year for some reason, best bull so far went 376.

Can't argue with his hunters success rate that's for sure, and you'd save allot of money!

21-Sep-16
For $8500, you cut hunt the old ranch of Atkinson Expeditions that the Whitaker Brothers now lease. They had a lot of bulls in the 350" range and last I checked, they get $7500. There are over 300 elk that stay on their 20,000 acre ranch near Wellington CO.

21-Sep-16
Does anyone have a couple more current suggestions for an Alberta MD hunt in 2017 or somewhere in the states where there are tags available without a draw.

Is Bow and Arrow adventures still offering an Alberta Hunt?

Any reviews or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

23-Sep-16
Will, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have been busy hunting. We can absolutely offer you a QUALITY bowhunt in either Alberta or the States for Mulies. You can check out a recent outfitter report from this year for us with a Muledeer client who hunted in Colorado with one of our outfitters.

Trax, we can also assist you with a QUALITY Elk hunt. We just need to focus on your specific goals and the potential budget you have to work with. The better Elk hunts now days are indeed expensive but there are still some great opportunities that won't completely destroy the wallet and bank account.

Regardless of where you guys choose I wish you the very best of luck with your upcoming choices and bowhunts.

Best regards, Scott Alberda

Bow and Arrow Adventures

23-Sep-16
Bump...

• Sitka Gear