Bigdan 09-Mar-14
Mule Power 10-Mar-14
shakey 15-Mar-14
Mule Power 15-Mar-14
Frank Sanders 16-Mar-14
hobbes 17-Mar-14
shakey 20-Mar-14
09-Mar-14
Just completed my Elk application for Montana. That was quite an experience. It may be the most convoluted process I have ever seen....

09-Mar-14

09-Mar-14
It was my first time on their website BigDan.....I hope I applied for everything I needed.

09-Mar-14

09-Mar-14
I have to agree with the OP. The Montana process/website is one of the most confusing of all the elk states that I've ever applied to - even if you have an ALS ahead of time.

09-Mar-14
It was my first time as well ozark! Took me a little bit to figure it out as well. The next day I called MT tag department with my ALS # an they looked my app and said all good! Very helpful on the phone and put me at ease, I'd give them a call!

09-Mar-14

10-Mar-14
For years the website hasn't recognized my ALS. I have to click can't remember ALS and then proceed from there.

I think the website is a good reflection of the people who run it.

15-Mar-14
I don't know what happened but I applied as a party and they gave me 2 party numbers 1 for our general and 1 for the draw but when I check the status of the draw I am the only 1 with the special draw pending, Is this because I am the party leader or did I screw up?

15-Mar-14
Hmm, sounds shakey to me. Call 406-444-2950 and ask.

16-Mar-14
it didn't seem that complex to me....

17-Mar-14
I think it is quite a simple process. I don't remember CO being any simpler. Maybe nonresidents have an additional step???

20-Mar-14
Yep I screwed up, apparently since I went back in to apply for my elk permit (not my tag)in my desired unit I received 2 party numbers. Then when I applied for my buddies I selected elk big game combo and skipped (not on purpose) the elk permit selection which then let me use my first party number without our elk permit selection. So I am in the draw and they are not.CRAP. The lady was very helpful yesterday when I called and made me feel much better when she told me the 50 bucks we all spent on the preference fee was only for the big game combo not for my unit. When I told her that was strange why would I purchase that when they haven't sold out of tags in a few years. Now they will remove me from the draw at my request and hope fully someone on bowsite will draw instead of me.My mess up my fault and I still like MT

• Sitka Gear