Boris 27-Mar-14
BigOzzie 27-Mar-14
deerhunter72 27-Mar-14
Notnormal 27-Mar-14
AZBUGLER 27-Mar-14
22-Mar-14

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
One year ago today I lost my son Cody. I got so much support from the Bowsite family over the last year. Thank all of you. Last hunting season was the first time we didn't get to hunt together sense he was 12. I miss him every day.

22-Mar-14
Dan,

You honor his memory by posting his photo on here. Post away, my friend.

22-Mar-14
Sorry for your loss.

22-Mar-14
Bigdan, Cody is forever with you guiding your arrows. You also honor his memory by sharing your insight, experiences and ideas......passing on your passion.

Mark

22-Mar-14
Dan, I know it will be hard for you and your family today as it is everyday after the loss of your son. May God be with you and your family to help comfort you all. Mike

22-Mar-14
No parent should have to endure out living a child. Honor his memory by sharing his stories and pictures with us as often as you wish.

22-Mar-14
"The good die young" is something I'll never understand our thoughts are always with you and Mel.Lewis and Diann

22-Mar-14
Seems like just yesterday that this sad news hit Bowsite. Every so often I think back to that day and what you posted.

Taeke care Dan.

22-Mar-14
RIP Cody. Prayers to you and your family, Dan.

22-Mar-14
Life is precious. I lost my Irish twin brother when I was 16 and he only 15! May you find joy in all the memories you created with Cody! God Bless Bigdan and family!

22-Mar-14
We are all sorry for your loss Dan, all the bowsiters share your pain today. My son is my favorite elk hunting partner and thanks for reminding me never to take that lightly or for granted.

22-Mar-14
Dan, I can't see your handle without thinking of the loss of your son, Cody. Prayers are for you my friend.

22-Mar-14
Dan

I'm truly sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine the pain you feel. Get out in the woods and hunt that’s exactly what he would want you to do. Know that he is there with you on every stalk and every sit.

22-Mar-14
Dan- Sorry for your loss, Hes scouting out the good spots for you up thier some day! I shared the post with my 2 boys today and made them realize why I always am making sure they get the most out of everyday- Life is too short-

22-Mar-14
Great photo of a happy man. Stay well, Dan

22-Mar-14
Howdy Big Dan , never sent you a response before and i don't post much. But i do archery elk hunt and i'am coming to your great state of Montana this year. I to have loss several loved ones i think about everyday as you do. All we can do is cherish all the memories . You seem like a very strong and caring man , hope you find peace from your sons death.

22-Mar-14
One cannot appreciate the pain in your heart! It eats at you everyday nothing can take it or make it go away. We try to remember the good time and all the fun and laughter they brought us but it does not heal the pain. Lost my daughter 5/3/2013 to a car accident, My prayers for you and your Dan.

Stay well !

22-Mar-14
So sorry Dan.

I wrote a big long post then deleted all of it. No one can take the hurt away but so glad you got to hunt together. Nothing brings fathers and sons together like hunting imo

22-Mar-14
So sorry Dan,I can't imagine losing either of my sons....may God grant you peace.

22-Mar-14
Take, care Danny !! Your Bowsite family is always thinking of you !!

22-Mar-14
Thoughts go out to you Dan. I'll be hugging my kids a little tighter tonight.

22-Mar-14
Dan, you will all be in my families prayers tonight.

Rick

22-Mar-14
You and your family are in our prayers Dan.

22-Mar-14
One of the greatest things God every gave us was our memory. We have the ability to revisit whomever we want whenever we want. A divine gift indeed.

God bless you and yours..

The Rock

22-Mar-14
Dan- you're a good man. I know the heart must ache…Cody was a blessed young man!

22-Mar-14
I sure hope your loss gets easier to bear one day Bigdan.

We all feel really bad for you and your family, but we're glad you're still here with us.

Ike

22-Mar-14
Good luck Dan. There will be lots of critters taken this year with Cody's name on their arrow. I have one into quiver and it will fly in his honor!

22-Mar-14
Dan, I think that we here on Bowsite have been waiting for this day. We want you to know that wewill stand beside you and your family. Not behind you. Remember that Bowsite people are a special breed of people. We bicker and fight among ourselves. But, when the chips are down we stick together. Why, because we all enjoy the flite of the arrow. Just remember, we are here for you.

22-Mar-14

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Gone but not forgotten!

22-Mar-14
Dan, You and your family are still in my families prayers. Cody will be forever missed but all of those memories will never be forgotten. Please now that when those times get tough that God is always available to you and so is your Bowsite family.

Best regards, Scott Alberda

22-Mar-14

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Every arrow I shoot has Codys name on it. Thank you again guys

22-Mar-14
Dan, Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

22-Mar-14
That is a heavy burden to bear. I'll say a prayer...

22-Mar-14
That is a heavy burden to bear. I'll say a prayer...

22-Mar-14
The first anniversary following a death is always the toughest. My prayers are with you and your family. Keep the faith.

22-Mar-14
Archery95 hit it in the head...Cody's doing the pre scouting!

22-Mar-14
Sorry for your loss Dan...but glad you have so many fond memories together with Cody.

22-Mar-14
So sorry... I couldn't imagine. Ed F

22-Mar-14
Dear Cody, This is a letter my wife wrote him today It is one year since I found you gone. Some days it seems the pain will never go. Most times I just miss talking to you. But if I could tell you this, I would: I was always proud of you. Even when you drove me crazy, even when you took too long, even when you were lazy, still I knew what a good person you were, with a brave, honest view of life. You didn’t have kids, but you passed things down anyway – Maddox has your hair color (I suppose it will change on him too), Payton’s sunny nature reminds me of you as a baby and Brooklyn has your heart. Loki is loved and cared for. Because of her, we have a new king size bed and non-carpeted flooring in our big room now. And she took second place in a dog contest last summer! I’ve learned you were important to many people. As a mother, I’m gratified. As a member of that group, I’ll always have friends. You’ll never be lonely or angry or hurt or sad again. I will never worry about you again. That’s a comfort I never expected to have. Another mother who’d lost her son told me ‘you won’t get over it. You will get used to it’. I’m not there yet. But I smile when I think of you. Love always, Mom

22-Mar-14
This is one his sister put on facebook today A year has gone by. A year since ive seen you, a year since I talked to you, a year since my heart was ripped in two and I lost a part of me forever. But I still cant believe it brother. Maybe because I still dont want to. There's still so much to say and left to do. But I got some great people in my corner brother and they're helping me continue to push and go on. So here we are, I miss you more today than ever. And like a new tradition we will all meet tonight at the V, raise our glasses and toast the best man ive ever known. Your little sister loves you even though you would give me a charlie horse right now just for saying it:) and p.s. thanks for making me a Duke fan. We choked again

22-Mar-14
I was just thinking that last week Dan. I figured it was about a year now. I hope time is doing it's best to help you find peace.

22-Mar-14
God bless you my archery brother! We will all meet again one beautiful day.

22-Mar-14

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
This is a photo that we took a year ago last Dec . With Cody and his new Niece Payton

22-Mar-14

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
This was his first beard

22-Mar-14
God bless you and yours Dan. Posts like these help keep things in perspective. I'll hug my son a little tighter tonight. So very sorry for your loss.

22-Mar-14
Those are beautiful letters Dan.

22-Mar-14
It takes a life time to make memory's and it will take another to forget I lost my little brother 9 years ago this September and I think of him every day. I will be hunting elk in your great state this fall and with a little luck from above and the advice you have me I'll have a great hunt no matter the outcome Thanks and God bless Dig Dan

22-Mar-14
wow, it seems like just yesterday to those of us who follow your threads, can't imagine how it feels for you...God bless you and your family.

22-Mar-14
BD, my thoughts are with you and your family this day.

Stay strong , I'm sure I speak for most, we are glad you come here to remember Cody.

God Bless

22-Mar-14
That is a sad memory bigdan---

Many of us have lost our Mom's in the last year---so very sad too.

Cherish the memories of ALL lost family loved ones for sure.

Good luck, Robb

22-Mar-14
Any anniversary following a death is always tough. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Great pictures and memories for sure. God Bless

22-Mar-14
I've found that the loved ones I have lost are still with me everywhere I go. I lost my dad 7 years ago and I still talk to him every day. My daughter isn't quite 2 yet and we keep a picture of him in her room looking over her bed. She started calling him "papa" about 3 months ago even though we never told her who it was in the picture. She often looks to where nobody is in my house and waves and says "hi Papa". The other day she was playing peek-a-boo and we were watching her on the monitor from the other room. Just before she stopped she said "Bye Papa". He is with us just as Cody is with you.

You and your family are in my prayers

22-Mar-14
Thoughts and prayers sent from Louisiana . I've learned over the past few years since I've found bowsite that this site is full of great people and friends we may never meet who come together at times like this.

22-Mar-14
That's a fine looking young man you had in Cody. Having two sons I can't imagine loosing one. As hard as it was for us to have children the thought comes to mind. "It is better to love and lost than never loved at all". Still, I can't imagine and don't want to know.

22-Mar-14
RIP Cody,

So sorry (again) for your loss, Dan.

Best Wishes, Jeff

22-Mar-14
Prayers for you and your family Bigdan. May Cody be smiling down upon all of you. Makes some of the petty little arguments here seem so insignificant.

22-Mar-14
I can't even begin to imagine the pain you've felt over the past year. Prayers for you and your family.

22-Mar-14
Bigdan,

I always think of Cody when I read your posts. I hope time is easing the pain, and I pray for you often. Rejoice in the wonderful memories he has left you.

It's a reminder to all of us parents that you can never hug your kids enough.

God bless you and your family Dan.

22-Mar-14
They say time heals all wounds....

I don't know, nor claim to know if that's always true. But regardless of the process or how long..... it can sure leave a nasty scar. Scars are just reminders of a past pain.

Memories are what we take with us everywhere we go. You were surely blessed with him for that time, however short..... and he was blessed to have you as a father. Life.... we move on.... and keep moving on and on until we can go no more.....

Take care Danny, we always have you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

22-Mar-14
Dan, I don't post much but I do feel like a small part of a big Bowsite family. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Prayers and blessings sent from Oklahoma.

22-Mar-14
R.I.P.

23-Mar-14
So sorry for your loss, Dan. I am sure you and Cody were very proud of one and other. Bless your family.

23-Mar-14
Dan, Prayers of continued comfort and healing for you and your family.

Lenny

23-Mar-14
Hope you and your wife can find peace with this Dan.

Julius K

23-Mar-14
Thinking of you Dan and wishing you peace. My son just turned 5 and I can't imagine going thru what you have.

23-Mar-14
I lost a friend to cancer at a very young age. Before he left he said I won't be here come hunting season but I want you to know I will be there in spirit.I think of him every time I go hunting. Keep Cody's memory alive and may he guide you to your next bull.So sorry for your loss.

23-Mar-14
Once again very sorry for you and your family Bigdan. Thanks for sharing the photos and letters,

Prayers of peace for your family....

RG

23-Mar-14
Hard to believe it's been a year. Prayers to you and your family Dan. Prayers for peace and comfort as you move forward.

23-Mar-14
My heart goes out to you. I just responded at 3 am this morning to a car crash, my son as driver, that could have sent him to the next world, but did not. It did let me know how lucky he and I and his mother are.

Time does heal and soften the pain of losing one so young. And every day that passes makes it a little easier for you to deal with it in your heart and mind. Good luck to you and your family.

23-Mar-14
Dan Im glad to see u have so many friends on bowsite.com . I never got to meet Cody but knew him thru Dan s talks . Dan I wish there was a magic word to make the sorrow go away !!

23-Mar-14
Dan,

I am so sorry for your loss and honestly I can't imagine how it feels. I know one thing it still seems like it was yesterday when I first read of Cody's passing. God Bless you and your family.

23-Mar-14
Dan, my thoughts are with you. I lost my dad a few years ago and I still miss him everyday. I am hoping time eases your pain and you find peace.

23-Mar-14
You and your son have been in my thoughts and prayers.

24-Mar-14
My thoughts and prayers to you and yours Dan; I have my 'Cody's Arrow' in my quiver

24-Mar-14
Bigdan, I remember, again, sorry for your loss. I can't imagine...

24-Mar-14
So sad…just not right to loose a young one. Keep Cody's memory alive in ever hunt you do do.

24-Mar-14
May God bless you and your family during these difficult times.

24-Mar-14
Its got to be so tough.God bless you and your family.

24-Mar-14
God Bless you and your family. I almost lost my son a couple years back, when he fell from a tree stand. I was spared the hurt and anguish, and he is doing good. I can imagine your loss and things left unsaid or undone. Prayers for you and your family.

24-Mar-14

CPAhunter's embedded Photo
CPAhunter's embedded Photo
The arrow marked with Cody's name went into the boiler room of my buck on the antelope hunt with BB last September.

Time heals but doesn't erase.

24-Mar-14
I can't imagine the loss of a child Dan. My heart aches for you and your family. Memories do last forever.

26-Mar-14
BigDan...Still can't find the right words to express...Our thoughts and Prayers for you and yours...Lost a Brother at 16...a lot of Folks used to tell my Dad that "time flies"...He would always answer..."for everyone But the Dad"...Keep pushing forward Bud...4finger

26-Mar-14
So sorry for your loss! Those are wonderful memories you shared with all of us! I'll hug my family a little harder and longer tonight! God bless!

26-Mar-14
As you go through life you wonder if you made the right choices for your kids. They make you proud and they disappoint you. No one thinks a thing like this will happen. Unless your a parent that suffers a loss of your son or daughter. You just don't know. The loss of a parent is one thing but the loss of your child is the worst. Thank all of you guys.

27-Mar-14
The loss of a parent is natural. The loss of a child is unnatural.

Programmed to our core is the life and prosperity of our children.

I can't imagine.

I took an extra trip to my kid's bedroom to hug them tonight. I try to share your mourning Bigdan, but I can't even imagine it.

I hope you're coping as best you can.

27-Mar-14
Like I said earlier, We are walking beside you. This past weekend, I picked up my son from boy scout camp. He works on staff during the summer. Earlier that morning, I was reading on the BOWSITE about some of the wonderful things people are saying to you and your family for support. I reached over an took my son by the hand an told how much I loved him. Please BIGDAN don't be upset, because you are reminding us all at how sensitive life is. Many think that money and career are the main focus and that family will always be there. Until it is gone. Thank you for reminding us.

27-Mar-14
Too choked up and emotional to have much to say, same as I was a year ago.

All I have is a big bear hug for ya,

that's it a hug nothing more nothing less, a hug.

oz

27-Mar-14
I think we fail to realize how fragile life is. I lost my good neighbor, hunting buddy, and adopted grandpa 4 years ago. He had a massive heart attack while doing some work for his daughter in Texas. I never got to say goodbye. I sometimes still have a hard time going to his woods without him, but I have often felt his presence there. He and his wife lost their only son in an accident in the 80's. I don't think they ever "got over" his death, but life goes on with or without you. We never talked much about it, but occasionally he would share some of their hunting stories with me. Just the other day his wife made a comment that floored me. He had all but given up hunting when he lost his son. She said that after I moved next door in '99 "I saved him because I got him to start deer hunting again". We were both in tears, but some of them were happy ones.

Bigdan, you and your family will be in my prayers. I wish you peace. God bless, Greg

27-Mar-14
Bigdan, sorry for the loss of your son.

My one and only son died as an infant in my arms 21 years ago. It still gnaws at my guts everyday.

I have made it my personal mission to share the sport of hunting with as many kids as possible since then. Altho I will never sit a deer stand with my son or hear a turkey gobble on a misty april morning with him, I know he is in a better place now.

Cherish the moments you shared with cody. Continue to live everyday to the fullest and enjoy life.

Brian

27-Mar-14
Continued blessings and prayers my friend. I have a Cody myself. Seeing that name on the arrow hits close to home. I can't believe it's been a whole year.

28-Mar-14
Dan,

It was tough to open this thread as I knew the contents just reading the title. I don't know you, but feel your grief. I am glad you have so much support here!

Will continue to offer my prayers that you and your family will find comfort and peace through Him!

• Sitka Gear