Nesser 25-Mar-14
Bear Track 25-Mar-14
tobywon 25-Mar-14
SquirrelBowMaster 26-Mar-14
quarbles 26-Mar-14
HUNTR4477 26-Mar-14
DL 26-Mar-14
23-Mar-14
I was talking to a bowhunter from Oregon yesterday. Him and his hunting partner were hunting in a ranch up there when his partner toor a quartering away shot at a nice bull. Arrow went in to fletching inside the last rib. So they went to get on the trail and found his tracks but not much blood. They had to track him by his prints and sparse blood. They spent hours looking with no bull or any arrow. Then it turned into just trying to retrieve the antlers after three days of looking with no success. Rifle season comes along and the ranch Forman shoots this nice bull and while trying to guy him he hits this thing the size of a 1/2" PVC pipe in between his diaphragm stomach and liver. He finally yanks it out and inside this fibery mass is his arrow. Apparently the arrow deflected when it hit the rib going in. Pretty crazy.

23-Mar-14
Photo would be great

23-Mar-14
The void.

Jk, but seriously, DL, you're the king of pics. Where's the pic?

23-Mar-14
Just like whitetail they are tuff critters if you don't hit them good. Hit one in both lungs and they will be down in about 30 yards. I have found broadheads and parts of an arrow shaft in deer several times.

23-Mar-14
No doubt tipped with a Rage, possibly even a Simmons

23-Mar-14
Sorry no pictures

23-Mar-14
That's funny, bb

24-Mar-14
Was cutting the backstrap out of my buddies bull this fall and hit what seemed like a high rib. It was a Thunderhead with about 4 inches of arrow lodged in the lower spine. Completely healed over from at least a year or two ago and the bull was totally healthy, rutting like mad with no visible effects. They are so damn tough.

24-Mar-14
I've seen so many of these crazy scenarios over the years..

Had a buddy shoot a nice buck- good blood but never found him until 2 weeks later the ranchers buddy rifles it and the old wound channel circumvented the lungs- U shaped he said.

Was in the butcher shop in Springerville,Az one year and they had found 3 BH's in the one bull they were processing at the time- and none were the shot that killed the bull

24-Mar-14
I'm sure most of you have heard about various people who survived having metal rods stuck through their heads. Norman

24-Mar-14
Nesser, what a co-incidence, I was cutting the backstrap out of my buddy's deer once and he shot me in the @$$ ;-)

24-Mar-14
I found a three blade rage in my first bull. It had a cyst around the whole thing just inside the ribs. When we extracted the head it was completely mangled. Like what was said above, they are very tough animals.

24-Mar-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
This is as close as I can get Idyllwild.

24-Mar-14
looks like that tore him a new .....

25-Mar-14
Man, looks like a fish spear.

25-Mar-14
I don't always catch harpoons in the ass, but when I do, I keep my life vest on to obscure my identity.

See kids, this is why you join the Army.

25-Mar-14
I remember getting a tetanus shot in the a$$ when younger and how it felt like a firecracker had gone off deep within the muscle of my cheek......

Dang.

Although if you think about it and try to imagine how that went down....there is probably not many better places to get harpooned than your butt cheek.

I can hear the guy that accidentally (?) shot him....."it's not like I shot you in the guts"!

25-Mar-14
Little different angle and that would've been a Texas heart shot. Nightmare!

25-Mar-14
I'd have to be strapped down to have that thing pulled outta me too!

25-Mar-14
The infamous reverse hamblaster....ouch

26-Mar-14
dont benockin the hamblaster, thatsthe shot that fetches em evertime!

26-Mar-14
bummer.

26-Mar-14
OUCH!I hate when that happens!

26-Mar-14
Skin diving 101. If you see a shark shoot your buddy the butt

• Sitka Gear