Bigdan 25-Mar-14
Toby 25-Mar-14
Bigdan 25-Mar-14
Toby 25-Mar-14
elk horn 10-Apr-14
swede 11-Apr-14
Barty1970 11-Apr-14
25-Mar-14
I use mouth reeds and a grunt tube and do o.k., but want something more consistent. I am looking for experience you may have had with either of these or perhaps another type. I am looking for realistic sounds and durability.

25-Mar-14
Thunder bugle hands down easy to use and great sound.

25-Mar-14
Thanks Bigdan, that is what I was leading towards. I am a little confused by what color reeds are the best. Also, how fast do you where out a reed, need to know how many extras to get.

25-Mar-14
White reeds are the best. I would have at least 6 extra

25-Mar-14
Thanks Dan, that will save me some money, don't need to try all the Dolores, and help me out, I appreciate your help.

10-Apr-14
Bigdan,

I was a bit skeptical about the Thunder Bugle, but purchased one anyway. Needless to tell you, I am now a true believer. The easiest bugle I've ever used and the sound is phenomenal. In his first attempt, my 6 year old son was able to produce a awesome sounding bugle with the reed that was included with the call.

Per your advise, I ordered the 6 extra reeds. Although, I may end up using a mouth reed during the season.

In addition, I picked up the reed holders, which are another great product.

Thanks,

elk horn

11-Apr-14
Over the years I have purchased two Thunder Bugles. I would use them when I was calling with a friend. The good thing is that they sounded very good. The bad part is that my friends would ask me for my bugle. I gave the Thunder Bugle to them, so I was always going back to my diaphragms. At least after I had the diaphragm in my mouth all day, no one else wanted it.

11-Apr-14
'BigDan: you KNOW he makes sense' :-D

Again, many thanks Dan for helping through your experience

• Sitka Gear