IdyllwildArcher 30-Mar-14
Elkhuntr 31-Mar-14
wkochevar 31-Mar-14
AZBUGLER 31-Mar-14
c3 02-Apr-14
Inshart 02-Apr-14
30-Mar-14

Vernon Edeler's Link
My fishing buddy sent this to me the other day and I thought it was pretty cool. I see elk on the southern Oregon coast every year during my annual fishing trip, but never in the surf.

30-Mar-14
What a cool video! Thanks for sharing!

30-Mar-14
Pretty cool video

30-Mar-14
My wife and I where just talking about seeing elk in the surf today. What are the odds? Great video!

30-Mar-14
I hunted the Oregon coast in 2012. I followed game trails right down to the coast. They literally graze right to where the grass gives way to the sand of the beach.

But it was my experience that that's not where they are during the archery season. During the archery season, they're no where near the water. They're up on the ridges and farther inland on the slopes of the deep creek beds.

The closest I saw fresh sign to the Pacific was 2 miles.

31-Mar-14
cool video. never seen them in the ocean like that but have seen them many times walking the coast line.

"During the archery season, they're no where near the water."

Not my experience at all, especially on the north coast during a hotter and drier then normal summer. the peak of the rut is a big factor.

31-Mar-14
No Seasoning required...these elk come pre-brined! Seriously, That is a great video...it has some really good herd/lead cow footage. Does it appear that occasionally they are taking a sip of that brackish(I assume) water? Maybe replaces a mineral lick? Thanks for posting

31-Mar-14
Awesome video. That would be great to see in person.

02-Apr-14
Very cool footage !!!

Thanks, Pete

02-Apr-14
Reminds me of seeing video of herds of buffalo crossing the amazon river - just waiting for an alligator put the chomp on one.

Very cool video.

• Sitka Gear