CurveBow 09-Apr-14
Nesser 09-Apr-14
Nesser 09-Apr-14
NM_alazan 10-Apr-14
NM_alazan 10-Apr-14
08-Apr-14

cnelk's Link
194 inches of snow measured in early April

http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2014/apr/07/snow-near- summit-lake-northwest-steamboat-springs-/

08-Apr-14
cnelk I hunted near Hahns Lake last year, where is this Summit Lake in relation to Steamboat? I was Google earthing but no luck.

08-Apr-14
Summit lake is very near Buffalo Pass. Hahns Lake is about 25 miles away to the NW

08-Apr-14
There was still 88" of snow up Miller creek a week or so ago, not of the lower elevations here in the NW corner it is dry.

09-Apr-14
88"?! That's 7 FEET of snow

Sheesh

09-Apr-14
Get ready for mosquitoes!

09-Apr-14
88"?! That's 7 FEET of snow Sheesh

That's nothing! We got close to 130" here in southern MI this year, which is second in the record books for around these parts.

09-Apr-14
There is still about 4=5 feet of snow in the woods up on Tug Hill in Northern NY. My property only has about 18" left on it, but we have had snow cover since early Nov. The deer are sucking because the depth of the snow is receding, so the deer can't reach in to the trees as high as they need to get at any browse, and the ground is still covered. People are saying that deer are dropping dead in thier back fields. I do hope it greens up quickly. Where I hunt turkey, it is under water because of the snow out of the Adirondacks. Usually the waters are receding by now. They are just getting to flood stage now,, and turkey season starts 1 May.. This is going to be an interesting season.

09-Apr-14
Topgun - I think they are saying there is 88" of snow on the ground. We had 130" in SW Mi but once it was all settled there was never really more than 40 ish inches on the ground in the flat areas.

09-Apr-14
Yes, that means at the time of measuring, the depth above ground was 88". There was something like 160% annual average which translates to a whole lot of typical 20" to 45 or even 60" snow storm events in that country. Most of thes areas during winter are for the most part inaccessible except by snowmobile or helicopter.

09-Apr-14
I live in Herkimer County in the Town of Salisbury. We had 18-24" that was solid a week ago. After the warm spell & rains, its now 12" or so with a bare spot under a couple of pines. I can actually see the belly of my 3-D deer target!

I think winter kill is going to be horrible through the ADKs. I also hunt in Ontario, Canada. A hunting partner read online that they expect 50 - 80% deer mortality there.... Their winter was harder than ours and had likely 80+ mornings below zero. I saw routine temperatures of -35 to -45; without any windchill.... Likely will be our last trip there this fall for several years to come...

09-Apr-14
Top of Buffalo Pass was measured last week at 195". It'll continue to pile up for a couple weeks yet. Usually that spot has the deepest snow in the state.

09-Apr-14
Top of Buffalo Pass was measured last week at 195". It'll continue to pile up for a couple weeks yet. Usually that spot has the deepest snow in the state.

10-Apr-14

NM_alazan's embedded Photo
This shows the snow depth near Steamboat NW of Denver. Lots of snow from there north this year compared to last.

Also, shows that even with all the snow the upper midwest has gotten, the depth in the high rockies is still far greater and pretty much always is every year.

Wish NM would have gotten more this winter (or the last three previous for that matter). Just waiting for the fires to start again.....

10-Apr-14

Here is the snow depth same day last year.....

• Sitka Gear