BULELK1 16-Aug-14
JEG 16-Aug-14
Mule Power 16-Aug-14
Joe The Teacher 17-Aug-14
Alexis Desjardins 17-Aug-14
huntmaster 18-Aug-14
09-Apr-14
Hey Fella's and Bow site Gal's----

I can hardly type this thread as my tears are overwhelming.

Please forgive my typo's....

I know, over the many years I have called her 'Da Warden'...and it was fun but my hell man---

Both her Breast have it......

I am falling apart here-----27 years and I have often joked around about it being a living Hell....

She told me last night that she does not want to do chemo---if she can avoid it---- but would rather do the Mastectomy...both of her breast.

As many of you know her career is so very important to her.

I am so sorry for the typo's but I can hardly see thru my tears as I type this.

So I guess, I am asking----you guys that have had a wife, sister? mid 50's career woman? go thru this ~~ how on earth did ya handle it?

Thank you.

Good Luck, Robb

09-Apr-14
So sorry to hear. Be there for her 110% Robb ! She will be there for you as well. Together you can survive.

09-Apr-14
So very sorry to hear, Robb. All my prayers to you and the Mrs.

09-Apr-14
prayers to you and the doctors for wisdom, faith, and blessings.

09-Apr-14
Stay strong . She needs you now more than ever. Prayers from MT. HUNT

09-Apr-14
Robb, My sis died from it at the age of 40. My mother in law had it, went for the double mastectomy 14 years ago and is doing great. They have great reconstructive surgery.

I have another friend whose wife is going thru it right now. Tell her to keep her head up, if any doubt exists, GET A 2ND OPINION.

Will remember yer family in prayer.

09-Apr-14
Robb, got your pm and responded.

Hang tough, ask questions and be aggressive with it.

09-Apr-14
my niece had the double & with the reconstructive surgery that's available now she's happy as a lark & so are we. it's not all bad now days,,,,,,,,,,,keep the faith for her..

09-Apr-14
Oh Robb, So sorry that you guys have to go thru this. You know my cancer story, Both of you will find tremendous support, it's not hard to find. 5 points had great advice about a second opinion. From personal experience, the spouse without the cancer seems to be hit harder that the one with. There has been a lot of success beating this kind of cancer and breakthroughs are coming all the time. It truly is a journey you guys are on. Don't be afraid to seek out someone to talk to. Oh, and let friends help anyway they can. It's there way of showing you guys, Love!

Bless you both

Jim

09-Apr-14
Robb, I am sorry to hear about the bad news. Both of you need to keep your chins up. I hope this all works out for you two. Prayers sent.

09-Apr-14
Robb- I am very sorry to hear this news, I can not imagine what you must be going thru. Stay strong and of positive faith and you both will get past this. My prayers are with you and yours. Don

09-Apr-14
Prayers to your family, Robb. Sorry to hear. Wish I had some words to soothe the pain.

09-Apr-14
Prayers sent. Have a friend that just went thru the surgery and is now doing chemo.

09-Apr-14
So sorry to hear that Robb :(

PM sent.

09-Apr-14
Sorry to hear the bad news brother but the doctors can do amazing things. Keep positive, the body can do amazing things if fed positivity! Help the Mrs. fight hard, you will get lots of support from us and I'm sure your real family.

09-Apr-14
Thinking of you Robb. You can do this together knowing that science can and does regularly beat this. 2nd and 3rd opinions are important. Get her to the best Dr.'s you can.

Research the dickens out of this and be a united front. You've been behind each other for 27 years. You can do this man.

Keep us friends in the loop. We're here for you.

Give her a hug from all of us.

Stay strong brother.

Bill

09-Apr-14
Robb, my sister in law just had a double mastectomy in November and is going to have reconstructive surgery. She is getting through this because her and her husband are a team and together they are super strong. Support from everyone is and will be monumental for both you and your wife.

As I'm typing this I'm not sure if my words mean anything more than just words, but I need to say my thoughts are with you and your wife.

09-Apr-14
Oh my Robb. I'm so sorry.

My wife is a survivor, but did not have anything removed

Chemotherapy yes. Very nasty. She felt it was worth it to improve her chances for survival for our daughter. Hang in there brother. I will call you in a few days

We're praying for both of you

Bill v

09-Apr-14
Sent ya a PM after reading this Robb. Let your "better half" know that whatever she decides that you're backing her 110% and she'll come through it by putting both of your strengths together to fight it. Please let her know that she is in me and the wife's prayers and tell her there are plenty more just like us that will get her through this and back in good health for years to come. Take care buddy---MIKE

09-Apr-14
Robb- prayers are with you and your wife along with your entire family!

I don't know if you remember but my daughter had bone cancer several years back, she had a 3 (three) % chance of survival! That was 6 years ago!!!! She is now healthy as ever.

May God bless you with His Amazing grace in the time of concern for your family....

09-Apr-14
Prayers up for you and your wife.

09-Apr-14
So sorry to hear Robb! Long story short: My sister-in-law finds out she is pregnant, and a short time later finds a lump. Cancer. In the end she went through a double Mastectomy and Chemo both. Yes they even have chemo that can be given to pregnant women without affecting the baby. My nephew is now almost a year and half old and both he and momma are doing great! Today's medicine is great, but your faith is what will give you the peace you both need to get through this. I know you hit the Sunday Service each week. ;O) We are all pulling and praying for both of you! Keep me in the loop buddy! TODDY

09-Apr-14
Keep in mind as bad and scary as this is for you, its 10x worse for her. As stated, there are reconstructive options. I know a woman that actually went up a size after mastectomy.

So sorry for you both. Prayers sent

09-Apr-14
We will keep you and your wife in our prayers.

09-Apr-14
Robb,

Praying for your Family!

My Cousin Shelly had both breasts removed (2 years ago), and she still went through Chemo and radiation both. But she is still hanging in there, as they have "stabilized" the cancer.

It really has a lot to do with the "staging" of the cancer (and the type).

Your Oncologist will give you options and expected outcomes. This is a time to trust in God, and let him take the burden from both of you. Only then can you keep the positive outlook needed to send this disease packing!

Best Wishes, Jeff

09-Apr-14
Robb, Really sad to read this. Extra prayers tonight for you and your family.

You may remember it took my little sister from us at age 49. Aug. 13, 2010. I moved in with them for 3 months that summer to help out. Experienced the worst of it so I know part of what you are going through.

Sending a PM now.

Ken

09-Apr-14
Depending on the type, it can be very aggressive and needs to be staged quickly. I do not know the details but surgery with sentinel node biopsy vs modified radical or radical dissection with ancillary dissection. First, need to get a tissue diagnosis by breast biopsy or less non invasive needle loc stereotactic to determine the type vs cystic disease. Even with surgery and node dissection, they still might elect to do chemo. Sometimes radiation to shrink the tumor. You guys might feel overwhelmed, but the more educated you are about your options will lighten the burden. The waiting is the hard part in my opinion. Good luck

09-Apr-14
Sorry to hear the news Robb. Stay strong for her. My sis in law went thru it several years ago and is doing fine.

09-Apr-14
I don't have any experience Robb but sending prayers your way!

09-Apr-14
Thoughts and prayers Robb, we wish the very best for both of you. My heart is heavy tonight. I am thinking positive and agree with what has been said. Be strong for her and support her 110%. Email sent.

09-Apr-14
Robb- So sorry to hear this. PM sent.

09-Apr-14
Hello Rob, Sorry to hear that breast cancer has affected yet another woman. My wife was diagnosed 10years ago after she found a lump. Days later she underwent surgery to remove her breast. During surgery doctors performed a sentinel node biopsy/dissection and determined the cancer had already spread. This meant that in addition to the mastectomy she would also have to undergo chemotherapy to save her life. She/we went through hell as she received treatment. All was good for 5 years until the cancer returned. Another massive surgery and radiation (she could no longer get chemo the second time). CANCER SUCKS...

You will get through this. I believe you will also see how incredibly strong your wife is. One of my favorite pictures of my wife and I is when she was bald and I shaved my my head. I can't believe how beautiful she was.

My wife is doing great and our 30th anniversary is this summer.

Our prayers are with you, Jeff

09-Apr-14
Sorry buddy! I'll be praying with you as you guys work through this.

10-Apr-14
Stay strong and take care. Prayers sent from cali.

10-Apr-14
Prayers sent.....two of my Aunts had it 15 years ago and both chose the chemo route and both been cancer free for almost 13 1/2 years... One actually had both procedures done if I rmember right? Its amazing how quickly life can change and with it perspectives on it...hand in theren Im sorry and will say a first of many prayers tonight my friend... Travis

10-Apr-14
So sorry to hear about your wife. I know all to well about the breast cancer- I was one of the 2300 males per year to have breast cancer about 2 years ago now. I lucked out and mine was pretty minor but had a full right mastecomy and other than a little nerve damage I'm pretty good. I know what she's feeling and I don't know what I would do without my wife and her support. Until I got results from the surgeries I would just nook at my kids and have a hard time holding it together. Be strong for her and support her wishes, even if they aren't alighned with yours. Good luck to you and your wife my friend

10-Apr-14
Thank you All very much.

Nights have certainly been very long with not much sleep.

I am sorry for being so emotional, not my style at all.

Thanks again All,

Good luck, Robb

10-Apr-14
So sorry to hear the news Robb. My heart goes out to you and Peg. I guess the thing to do is explore all options and seek out multiple opinions from qualified physicians. It has to be inspiring to read all these posts of other people's experiences beating this thing.

If Mass Gen hospital is an option it's about an hour from my house were here for you brother.

Were all here for you Robb and please stop apologizing for expressing your personal emotions over your one and only "warden of your life" buddy.

10-Apr-14
I don't have any experience with breast cancer but my wife was diagnosed with malignant melanoma 7 years ago. The cancer word when with associated with a loved one is indeed a gut wrenching and humbling experience. You guys have been together a lot of years with many trials passed. Stay strong, educate yourselves and know there are many fellow outdoors men and women lifting y'all up in prayer. God Bless you both as well as the medical team in charge of her care!!

10-Apr-14
Praying for peace for you and healing for your wife.My Mom is in the final stages of her fight with pancreatic cancer. She is foregoing any more Chemo as yesterday I found out it's now in her liver and her final wish is to spend one more summer in Wisconsin at the cottage. A place she loves and missed last summer as she spent the winter in Florida chemoed up. Peace and praying to accept God's will for you, me and your wife.

10-Apr-14
Prayers! Thinking of you both! C

10-Apr-14
Sending prayers and wishes that all turns out well. I can't iamgine...... Stay strong & GOD bless.....

>>>>-------->

10-Apr-14
Robb,

Good luck to you and your wife. This will work out fine and she will be ok. It will be very tough but this is not the diagnosis it used to be. You two are great people and those of us that know you are really thinking about you and shaken by the news. Your wife will know what to do and you will be there for her and we will be there for both of you.

Your Friend, Brandon

10-Apr-14
Robb,

Having spent time with you and Peggy in elk camp I can hardly think of a married couple that are closer and share as much time together with each other in the outdoors.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I truly wish the best for both of you through this trying times. Tell Peggy that I look forward to seeing her next year when we rendezvous in WY elk camp in 2015.

Clay

10-Apr-14
praying for you both...

10-Apr-14
Prayers and blessings for your family! My sister is arriving at MD Anderson today to start her fight for her life. Be strong and keep the Faith. God Bless

10-Apr-14
Robb I have far too much experience in this arena. My wife developed it in 1997 when our newborn was just 6 mo's old. She opted to go with local excision, radiation, chemo she was only 30. Her Lymph Nodes checked out ok. All went well, but 3 years later it came back in same breast. This time- double mastectomy and chemo, then tamoxofin pills, and all was well again, but then 3 years later she got it in her lymph nodes, and it also matasticized into her pelvic bone on one side... Unfortunatly she last the battle on 1/1/07, but she certainly inspired many others battling the same along the way, including a good friend who ended up with same and is doing fine over 10 years later. You have to stay positive (which you will get sick of hearing but its true). Things are even way better now and more is learned since 1997.

Good luck and god bless - please PM me if you would like to discuss options and experience...

Jack

10-Apr-14

Owl's Link
My buddy's wife went through it. Mid-forties, 3 kids and a husband. Double mastectomy - she lost her mother and aunt to BC so she wasn't going to tip-toe around her diagnosis. She is a survivor but, being who she is, she started a support group to get her and other women (and families) through the ordeal. Mary attributes much of her positive outcome to the power of community. I bet there is one in your area. Prayers to your family.

10-Apr-14
Dammit Robb. Email sent buddy

I'll be thinking about you and yours

Bake

10-Apr-14
Robb, I watch but don't chime in much on here. I lost my wife to breast cancer in 1995 at 32 years of age, we went through the whole bit chemo, radiation bone marrow transplant . the double mastectomys are major but they have SO much better reconstructive procedures now days, The whole treatment process is much better now. the lord can and will heal and strengthen you both through prayer and I will be praying for you guys to make the right decisions. My wife was a strong Christian and when I think about her I think about where she is now in a far better place HEAVEN. Thank God the treatment has come along way.

Dave

10-Apr-14
Prayers sent to you, your medical team and your family.....Be strong for her!

Mark

10-Apr-14
Rob, I don't have a wife that went through that, but I can tell you a short story about my mother.

When I was in about the 5th grade, my dad gathered my three older sisters and I together and told us that our mom had breast cancer on both breasts, and that they gave six months to live.

My Mom was my rock and when she came home with a double mastectomy, I crawled up on her lap and told her that I wanted to die if she was going to die. She held me and and looked me in the eye and told me she was not going to die until she had her kids raised. Six or seven years later she buried my dad and lived well into her 80's.

That was way back in the 50's and all they did was beside the mastectomy was radiation. Today they have much better treatments and much better out comes. Will to live and go on means so much.

I had a sister who also had breast cancer about 12 years ago and she is doing well into her upper 70's now.

I understand the big shock. But listen to what the doctors say and get the best treatments you can get her. You live in an area with some of best treatments available anywhere. Take advantage of it and keep positive. Prayers to your family. Bill

10-Apr-14
Rob, my wife and I are going through the same thing. PM sent...

10-Apr-14
Rob,

All the prayers of my family go out to you both today. I can't imagine what you both must be going through. May The Lord bless you. Hang in there and go through this together as you have so far in your lives. There are many great stories of beating breast cancer. Focus on these positives and kick it's butt!

10-Apr-14
Robb although I don't know you or your wife personally I can tell you that with much faith you will persevere...My wife went through this five years ago and she is doing very well now...its rough at first but you guys will adjust...modern technology and good tattoo artists will have her looking great again I'm positive...remember God only gives you as much as you can handle...keep hope alive and push on!!

10-Apr-14
Prayer sent. Please be strong and we wish you the best!

10-Apr-14
So sorry to hear this Robb, you and your wife are in my prayers.

As you can see, you and your wife are not alone. Cancer has impacted so many people. I'm a 32 year cancer survivor and I believe that a positive attitude can help beat it. Accept your emotions and stay strong and united. I lost the love of my life to cancer December 22, 2006 so I understand what you are going through brother....

10-Apr-14
Praying for both of you. Rely on Him to get you through. Trust in Him and He will renew your strength!

Carl

10-Apr-14
Praying for both of you. Rely on Him to get you through. Trust in Him and He will renew your strength!

Carl

10-Apr-14
Prayers sent!

10-Apr-14
Prayers sent Robb. So sorry to hear. Good luck and stay strong brother.

10-Apr-14
My wife went through a double mastectomy 7 years ago and did the chemo too. She is doing well now. I, like many others here feel your fears and pain. Find a surgeon and oncologist. Prayers sent to your wife, you and family. If you ever need to talk, feel free to contact me.

10-Apr-14
My wife went through a double mastectomy 7 years ago and did the chemo too. She is doing well now. I, like many others here feel your fears and pain. Find a surgeon and oncologist. Prayers sent to your wife, you and family. If you ever need to talk, feel free to contact me.

10-Apr-14
Prayers sent from the Walker household this stuff happens far too much.Lewis

10-Apr-14
Robb..Sorry to hear...Cancer is nasty, but not the death sentence it used to be.

Hang tough, support each other!...Blessings man, and prayers sent your way.

10-Apr-14
Double Post...sorry

10-Apr-14
Sorry to hear that. One thing I learned a long time ago watching my aunt go through it, women are way tougher than men are.

Give it Hell "warden"!! Kick some cancer ass!! Stay strong brother.

10-Apr-14
Robb, damn sorry to hear this...Let me know if you need anything and know you and the 'Warden' are in my thoughts...Have a very good friend (2nd mom) that chose the mastectomy route and never looked back...She's doing great today!

10-Apr-14
Lost my first wife to breast cancer 35 years ago when she was 30 years old....but that was a long time ago! Things have changed dramatically, and there are cancer survivors all around us! Heck, my mother survived it back in the 50's when the only treatment after surgery was a couple of heavy doses or radiation...she lived another 47 years and did not die from cancer! I have five aunts and two cousins, and a brother-in-law who have had it...the aunts all lived into their mid to late eighties and did not die of cancer! And the two cousins and brother-in-law are cancer free five to ten years later. All of the above had mastectomies and chemotherapy.

You are by no means alone my friend, and you and your wife will get through this.

10-Apr-14
My wife is seven years clean. Night Stalker has some very good advice if you have not staged it etc. Family and trying to stay positive helped us a lot.Stay hopeful.

10-Apr-14
Wow Robb! So sorry. Please know that you and Peggy are and will remain in our prayers. Me, Miss Em and Kids try to eat at the table 2 or 3 nights a week. Not easy with three teenagers, but we always pray for our friends and family that are fighting illness. Like allot of people, we don't have much experience with this type of cancer.

Take care and if you need to talk don't hesitate to call.

Dave

10-Apr-14
Prayers sent Robb. My family and I will be praying.

10-Apr-14
The wife of a fellow I work with just went through this. She also opted for the double mastectomy. She is in good shape now after six months treatment. She didn't have to take the chemo. My heart goes out to both of you. As others have said, stay strong and take it a day at a time. Prayers for you and yours.

10-Apr-14
Prayers from Neb.

10-Apr-14
Robb, tears came to my eyes, like many others on this site I'm certain, when I read your news.

Dear God, please hold Robb's hand as you watch over the love of his life .. Amen!

Small prayer, but sent from the heart.

Bob

10-Apr-14
Your wife will beat this and you will be there giving her everything you got. Got it? OK, now go tell her that and make it happen.

10-Apr-14
Robb, really sorry to hear. I'll be thinking and praying for you both.

11-Apr-14
That's a tough one man. My mother in law just went through that last year, and is fine now. Medicine and treatments have come a long way. Not the prayin type, but I'll send one up for you.

11-Apr-14
'morning All and thank you All for your words of support and prayers.

I have done my best to get your Emails and PM's to her and she has sat down and read thru this thread.

She is so very humbled by our hunting community.

She is ex-Army so she has that ability to accept and succeed.

Today/this afternoon is the 2nd opinion gig------

Oh how I hope there has been a mix up or mistake!

Thanks again--

Good luck, Robb

11-Apr-14
My mother and grandmother have battled breast cancer and my daughter is in her 3 rd year of treatment for leukemia. I would be lying if I told you it's easy. I will say my wife and I have read a lot about different cancers over the last few years and the medical community understands it a little better everyday. They have come a long way in treatment and procedures. Keep your head up, be there for her and pray hard. You said you are going to the DR. today I am sitting at the hospital as I type. My daughter is getting a treatment this morning. Hang in there and know that some one you have never meet in Mississippi is praying for your wife, you and family today.....

11-Apr-14
Very sorry to see this Robb. Hopefully maybe there is some good news coming your way. Prayers for your wife and family.

11-Apr-14
It's funny Robb but when times get tough like this women seem to be tougher than us. The importance of family and friends will never become as apparent it is now.

On my Facebook page I have some people in my list of inspirational people. They are all women who are survivors. I know one who went through chemo without blinking an eye. If she didn't tell you you would ever have known.

Breast cancer is NOT a death sentence Robb. Todays medical world has squashed that myth. Yes you will go through the typical mental roller coaster and lose some sleep over it but I bet with you by her side she'll come through this and in the end you'll have an even better relationship and appreciation for each other. Come fall you'll be standing on a mountain in Wyoming thanking God for everything.

In the meantime all of our prayers go out to you brother.

11-Apr-14
My prayers are with her Robb.

FWIW, my sister in law had a double mastectomy many years ago after 2 bouts with breast cancer and she has been cancer free for 14 years and feisty as ever.

11-Apr-14

Joe The Teacher's embedded Photo
Joe The Teacher's embedded Photo
The power of prayers is the most powerful weapon we have.Let's use it!

11-Apr-14
Robb,

Be strong, be aggressive, be informed.

Keep your sense of humor....it'll come in handy during the upcoming challenges.

11-Apr-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
Hello Peg ,Robb prayers from NY.

11-Apr-14
So sorry Robb. When I saw your PM I was expecting some good info. It kind of took the wind out of my sails when I read your thread. You have received a lot of thoughts and prayers. My prayers are for you, your wife, family and friends. Hang in there and be strong. Keep the faith. Shedding tears certainly is not a sign of weakness but a testimony of sincere concern and love. Be strong, be encouraging and stick with her like gorilla glue. Dave

11-Apr-14
Robb, Please know that you and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers.

12-Apr-14
Thanks so much you guys.

Thanks for her Ram pic Lou.

She is hopeful to hunt her Mnt. Goat this fall.

The 2nd opinion appt. went well and it looks like it will be a 6 month type of treatment process but No mastectomy!! at this point.

Thanks again All,

Good luck, Robb

12-Apr-14
I will keep you;s in prayer, hope she gets complete healing.

12-Apr-14
Praying for you both. Stay strong and surround yourself with positive people.

12-Apr-14
Good news, Robb.

Continued prayers from NJ...

12-Apr-14
Robb u best make room in the game room for that MT Goat !!!!!

13-Apr-14
Great news!

Also, let Mrs. Bulelk1 know that was very classy for her to PM. Hope to meet you both in person soon when I have a nice elk/sheep/moose/goat tag :-)

13-Apr-14
It made my day to get a PM from Peggy this afternoon. I feel better just knowing that she knows how many people have her in their hearts and prayers right now. At the end of the day after we are all done arguing over broadheads and bows I'm proud and thankful to call all of you knuckleheads my friends.

I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't shed a tear just to hear from her and then to read the results from the second opinion. So I'd like to take a second and thank you and Peg for a change instead of you thanking us.

13-Apr-14
I have worked with many breast cancer patient. Some have done chemo others have had mastectomies. Some have had doubles. All are doing very well. Most have been caught early. Some have been caught late. But, they are doing well. They only thing you can do is to treat her the same way you have been treating her. I had a patient that my Wife and I ran into. She told my wife what a gem she has for husband. For the care that I gave her. Yes, it is and can be scary. Do this with an open mind. Be hopeful. Things will be ok.

14-Apr-14
You both are in my prayers Robb.

14-Apr-14
Praying for you both Robb.

My wife's sister is a twenty year breast cancer survivor. Keep the faith my friend.

14-Apr-14
The woman is a keeper. For her to take the time to send ME an encouraging PM says so much about HER character and compassion.....

Me thinks this world still needs her. She ain't going anywhere, Robb!

Steve

14-Apr-14
Sorry to hear this! Sending good thoughts your way.

14-Apr-14
Looks like some good news??

I will repeat what some others have said, very classy for Peggy to fallow up with the Pm's. It was very much appreciated.

17-Apr-14
Peggy and Robb,

You are in our prayers. My wife was my angel 4 years ago when I went through 6 months of chemo treatments. Robb, time to get your angel wings for sure but I believe you have already started growing them.

Great news concerning the second opinion.

Fingers crossed and prayers sent.

Our best, Paul and Tricia

17-Apr-14
Robb, You and Peggy are in our thoughts and prayers. You will both make it through and be chasing critters in no time! Best wishes buddy. I know you'll be there for whatever she needs.

18-Apr-14
Thanks!

What a difference a week and more knowledge makes on ones emotions and worst fears.

She has been out of town for the job and will be back home this evening.

Thanks again---

Good luck, Robb

18-Apr-14
Robb good to hear !!!

20-Apr-14
Many have been down this path before. Jim No Bark was a great help to me and I'll quote his post as he stated my thoughts as well. You WILL need a close friend who listens well and doesn't mind calls at off hours.

There are lots of s here who are available

Oh Robb, So sorry that you guys have to go thru this. You know my cancer story, Both of you will find tremendous support, it's not hard to find. 5 points had great advice about a second opinion. From personal experience, the spouse without the cancer seems to be hit harder that the one with. There has been a lot of success beating this kind of cancer and breakthroughs are coming all the time. It truly is a journey you guys are on. Don't be afraid to seek out someone to talk to. Oh, and let friends help anyway they can. It's there way of showing you guys, Love!

Bless you both

Jim

20-Apr-14
Peggy, class act for sure. Thanks for the PM.

Paul

20-Apr-14
Sounds like Peggy responded (PM) to a lot of other "friends" on here as well.

Robb, She is God's gift to you, and by the sounds of it you two are deserving of each other - God bless you both - I wish you both well! Bob

20-Apr-14
Dear Robb, Don't lost your faith ¡¡¡ I've suffered this disease with my ex-wife and she is a survivor from breast cancer 20 years ago. She suffered a single mastectomy. After check the breast the diagnosis was devastating for us: the worst breast cancer even exists with one lymph node infected. I agree with The Night Walker words. For your hope, the breast cancer have the high percentage of survivors and it is more treatable today. The medicin have a cutting edge today for to treat that disease. All things about your disease depends from several variables as size of the breast, situation of the breast, mammography images, etc etc

Robb, the news about your wife was very strong but stay firm with your wife and have faith in God¡¡¡

Robb, your wife needs a lot of care, love, understanding and support. Give it in a lot to her....

My praying to you and your wife...

P.D.: Sorry for my english, I'm from Spain and not fluent in english, still.

20-Apr-14
prayers for you both, my wife as been battling stage4 metastatic colon cancer for 3 years. All cancer is a life changer. Keep positive and give her support. every day you have is precious. Stay informed as mentioned before.fight hard!! diet,excersise,attitude.you both are lifted up. We will continue our prayers. Steve

20-Apr-14
PM sent. Good luck and keep fighting. Bill

21-Apr-14
Thank you for taking the time to PM us all Peggy. :-)

21-Apr-14
prayers continue for you both...God Bless and keep you safe

21-Apr-14
I just came across this and am so sorry you both have to deal with it. As you know by now, the unknown is the scariest part. As you gain knowledge you will see the clear path ahead and can face it together with strength. My prayers are with you both that you can be strong for each other and beat this thing and make it nothing more than a bump in the road of life.

22-Apr-14
Robb, My wife of 23 years was diagnosed at age 43. The process was an incredible journey. I am sure there is no one way to deal with it and in the beginning it is overwhelming.

But, no matter where your journey goes, I can guarantee one thing - that is that you both are going to meet and deal with some of the most wonderful people on earth. During our process we had the opportunity to attend a "young breast cancer survivors" conference. Surrounded by 350 of the most incredible people. The "process" of going through the ordeal tends to turn ordinary people into wise, giving, and insightful heros.

My advise would be to keep yours eyes open and pay attention to these people. We were given the gift of being exposed to so many wonderful people, the survivors at the conference, the doctors, the nurses, the techs, the cleaning lady who closes the curtain in the hospital room to pray with you, the hospital roommate who bounds with your wife, the little kids waiting their turn at the radiation clinic who teach us so much about life, and the stranger in the airport who recognizes a fellow cancer patient and gives her a hug. All of us who went through this with my wife are better people for it.

My prayer for both of you is that you also are able to benefit from these wonderful people who you will encounter as a result of this terrible thing.

Don

14-Aug-14
Update----

She had a bunch of test ran yesterday and this is what she text me afterwards...

"Good news - Aok fine! I had my annual PAP exam today - she gave me a thorough work over, twice, just to be sure - she couldn't feel anything amiss. Then later at the mammogram DR., they took a whole slew of pictures and the doctor read them - his conclusion - nothing to worry about. So that is good."

So she has the green light to leave Sept. 23rd for Kabul, Afghanistan --job related--deployment.

Good luck, Robb

14-Aug-14
Excellent news Robb!

14-Aug-14
Great news , ptl

14-Aug-14
YES YES YES Great news Robb!

Tell her to be safe over there, Tell her thanks for serving!

Bill V.

14-Aug-14
Awesome (regarding health)

14-Aug-14
Glad to wake up to this news today. Best wishes! Bill

14-Aug-14
This is great news!!! Praise God!!!

14-Aug-14
Great news!! wife has her next appointment in OCT here

14-Aug-14
Great news Rob!

I know personaly how the relief feels. So happy to hear this news, now go out there and kill a stinky old bull!

PM sent

14-Aug-14
Glad to hear the good news! God bless you and your family.

14-Aug-14
Great news Rob! God bless you and your wife and best of luck to you both as you continue a long and happy life together!

14-Aug-14
Great news Robb, very happy to hear!

Bake

14-Aug-14
Great report....Great news.....

14-Aug-14
Excellent, thanks for the updte Robb!

14-Aug-14
Good deal, that has to be a relief! Now she just has to stay safe in the sandbox:)

Rick

14-Aug-14
Great news! Thanks for sharing. Will be praying for a safe deployment.

14-Aug-14
Great news Robb!

14-Aug-14
--Good 2 hear--

That's great news all around.

Thnx 4 the update!

Bests,

Nick

14-Aug-14
Good news Robb, thanks for the update.

14-Aug-14
No idea how the heck I missed this thread. Awesome news for the Mrs Facer. Best wishes to you both.

14-Aug-14
Great news Robb. I will keep praying for her especially with her upcoming deployment.

14-Aug-14
Awesome news Robb!!! Great to hear!!!

Mark

15-Aug-14
Fan-Freakin-Tastic!!!!

15-Aug-14
Very good ! I'm sure it takes a load off your minds. Good luck to both of you !

16-Aug-14
Thank you All for your kind words!

Good luck, Robb

16-Aug-14
Good deal!!

16-Aug-14
The hair on the back of my neck raised when I saw this thread back up top again. I was nervous when I clicked on it.

Soooo happy for you two. Made my day Robb.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Rearranges one's priorities too right. Have a great weekend my friend.

17-Aug-14
God is great! will say me prayers! Joe

17-Aug-14
God is good all the time, awesome news .

18-Aug-14
Great News!

• Sitka Gear