MooseMartin 09-Apr-14
Barty1970 11-Apr-14
IdyllwildArcher 11-Apr-14
BULELK1 11-Apr-14
Barty1970 11-Apr-14
Topgun 30-06 11-Apr-14
tjsna 11-Apr-14
09-Apr-14
If there are some type 9 leftover licenses ( from the resident pool ), can a non-resident buy one ?

09-Apr-14
Leftover licenses of any type are available to anyone on a first come first serve basis online when they go on sale in July.

09-Apr-14
Thanks

11-Apr-14
Are these leftover licences valid for all units, or are they available for specific units only?

I'm trying to get my British way of thinking to fully comprehend the points/licence concept, and these responses to other Bowsiters queries are really helpful ;-)

11-Apr-14
There are leftover licenses from residents that can be bought by non-residents. You'll need to wait about an hour after they go on sale for myself and cityhunter to buy our tags :)

KB, I'll send you a PM. If I pass out due to how late it is, it'll come sometime this weekend.

Ike

P.S. Should anyone consider posting to this thread, reconsider and send PMs :)

11-Apr-14
Feel free to toss me an Email and I will send ya last years LO Elk list.

[email protected]

Good luck, Robb

11-Apr-14
Thanks guys; as ever, all kind offers of assitance greatly appreciated

11-Apr-14
Barty1970---The leftover licenses are ones that didn't get taken in both the resident and the nonresident draws that will be completed the second or third week of June. All of the antelope licenses are for individual units that have to be applied for separately. The same for the elk tags because the general tags that allow you to hunt in about 50 different units are always taken in the draw. For deer there are various units like the antelope and elk, but they are all within bigger Region boundaries that are classified by letters (A, F, M, etc.). Those Regions also have limited quota tags for some of the units and those have to be applied for separately like the elk and antelope and can't be hunted with a Region tag. Several of the Regions generally have leftover tags mostly because of difficult access problems. The leftover lists will be online before the end of June and go one sale in July on two different dates depending on whether they are full price or reduced price licenses.

11-Apr-14
Remember, There is a good reason they are left over.

Lack of access Lot of private property with no access BEARS-The mean kind.

Elk tags left over in the fifty areas are mainly due to grizz.

• Sitka Gear