BULELK1 18-Apr-14
SteveB 18-Apr-14
mnbowhunter 18-Apr-14
SteveB 18-Apr-14
137buck 18-Apr-14
#1BEAR 19-Apr-14
Mule Power 19-Apr-14
17-Apr-14
Doc thinks I ripped my tricept tendon . Looks like ill be dreaming of elk hunting thru you guys and gals. Good luck to everyone this yr

17-Apr-14
Rotten luck :-(

Hope you're on the mend soon

17-Apr-14
Don't give up so quick. I just had surgery on my ruptured bicep tendon and plan on doing everything possible to be shooting again by September. Good luck, work hard and stay positive.

17-Apr-14
Sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be back at it next year. I feel for you.

I didn't have an injury, but had to put off some hunts last year because of work and financial obligations. It helps to take up a couple of other hobbies.

I took up screaming profanities while alone in the truck and sneering at adorable children. It helped pass the time.

17-Apr-14
You could always come a pack and call for me.... :)

17-Apr-14
Which arm, your bow arm or your drawing arm? I have torn both, if its your drawing arm you will be shooting in a short time.

17-Apr-14
Go anyway! Save some cash and be the caller/packer

17-Apr-14
Thanks everyone its my drawing arm . Ive been on light duty at work for 3 weeks hopefuly it will heal fast

17-Apr-14
Follow advice of your docs. If they give approval, do some resistance training using elastic bands which effectively will mimic drawing back a bow but you can vary the resistance to be nominal at first and work your way up over time towards your bow settings.

17-Apr-14
Learn to shoot left handed. Assuming your shooting a compound with peeps and sights you should be able to pull it off.

17-Apr-14
Apply for a crossbow permit

17-Apr-14
Apply for a crossbow permit

17-Apr-14
Everyone needs a good packer :)

17-Apr-14
Rifle, muzzy, crossbow or calling for your buddy are better than staying home and wishing you had gone.

18-Apr-14
I agree, September is quite a ways off----

If ya can't go hunt then go and enjoy helping out with your buddy.

come on out to the Rocky Mountains and have a great Primos Experience.

Hang in there---injuries suck!

Good luck, Robb

18-Apr-14
Sorry to hear of your injury. I ripped my calf muscle off the bone 6 weeks before bow season a few years ago and used a bow sling and a cane. No bow doesn't mean no hunting either. Guns are still ok! Hope you heal quick!

18-Apr-14
Thank everyone. Ill get thru it. I hunt solo so ill stick to whitetails with a crossbow this year

18-Apr-14
You could hunt with a buddy one time couldn't you...just this once? Its better than giving it up!

18-Apr-14
On April 2 I went in for a bicep tendon repair and woke up with a reconstructed shoulder joint, was under the knife for about 3 hours. I told the Doc before I went under I have a elk hunt scheduled in September, he assured me that if rehab goes good, I'll be going. He then told me that in June I should be good to go, to start shooting the bow, but at lower poundage and working up from there. So don't give up your season yet, it is still to early to give up!

19-Apr-14
Well, you give up mighty easily. Glad the injury wasn't worse or we might be reading your obituary...

I know if that happened to me, I would FIND a way to go....I have promised myself that the only way I wouldn't take a trip to Colorado every year was if I was dead.

I would back off my poundage on my bow to about 45lbs. and then rehab to get to there before my trip this year....just a suggestion.

If you have your tag already we will gladly take it to Colorado for you! Heck, we may even get lucky enough to fill it!

19-Apr-14
Where there's a will there's a way. What are you going to do... go to the beach! Hit the mountains man!

• Sitka Gear