Test Man 23-Apr-14
Adrenaline Russ 23-Apr-14
Big John 23-Apr-14
cooper23 23-Apr-14
mrelite 23-Apr-14
Bake 23-Apr-14
Norseman 23-Apr-14
19-Apr-14
Just tried to buy a non-resident license on the NM G&F website. Since me and a friend applied separately and both asked for refunds, I suspect this method is correct.

When I tried to buy a license for me, it allowed me to add it to my cart. My theory was that it would not sell me a second license, which if I drew, it would be a second license. Dang, looks like I struck out.

Logged in for my friend. He only applied for one hunt and it had pretty decent draw odds. Tried to buy a license for him, but it gave me a message that I was trying to purchase an item that this person already had.

It would not allow me to buy one a license for him, meaning he still had one on file, not refunded as was mine. Since it would not allow him to buy a license and he applied for a pretty easy draw, I suspect he drew.

If you asked for a refund, and you can buy a license for this year, I suspect you did not draw.

Good luck.

19-Apr-14
From the NM forum:

"If you try to purchase deer, ibex, oryx, or Barbary sheep tag and you have drawn out for that species...it will give you a warning message saying that you can only hold one in a license year. You will not know which hunt you drew but you will know that you drew. This system does not work for other species...only ones that you can get over the counter...good luck." Jbone

I assume this means it doesn't work on elk. I'm not sure.

19-Apr-14
Did you just try the 65.00 game license? That allowed me to add to my cart.

19-Apr-14
Randy's method above, buying a 2nd game license, is the only way to tell if you drew Elk, and only works if you asked for the license refund. I struck out also. The other method works for those mentioned species.

19-Apr-14
Well, it worked for my buddy, and he did not apply for deer, ibex, oryx, or sheep. He only applied for pronghorn.

Bulldreamer - Yes, we tried to add the $65.00 non-resident license.

I suspect it works for all species. It worked for me last year.

Good luck.

19-Apr-14
If you're right Big Fin, you have earned the official BS party pooper of the year award.

I can buy licenses willy billy for both my son and me.........we're in for archery and youth elk hunts....

Waiting for the official fat lady.....

19-Apr-14
The only it can't be correct is if the system lets you have 2 game licenses.

19-Apr-14
Ki-ke, for your sake, I hope I am wrong. For my buddy, I hope I am correct. For my own apps, I am pretty sure I am screwed.

19-Apr-14
I think somebody else got our tags. My best odds were less than 20%.

19-Apr-14
I tried it and it allowed me to add a tag to my cart. I applied as a 2 person party tag. Who knows.... There's always Colorado!

Keven

19-Apr-14
I tried it, it did not allow me to add the 65 dollar license. But I put in for elk and deer, how do I know which I drew??

Bake

19-Apr-14
I tried to buy the license this morning and it let me put one in the cart.

Now I try the same thing and it will not allow me to put one in as it says I already have one.

I only applied for Elk........

19-Apr-14
Never mind. Figured out how to buy a private land deer license

If this works, looks like I drew a unit 15 or 36 elk tag with a friend

Bake

19-Apr-14
Don K

Did you take the 1 out of your cart from this morning? Maybe you have 2 in the cart now. I did that too but then cleared the cart and I could add 1 and check out. Guess I didn't draw elk.

19-Apr-14
I was able to add mine but I can not complain. I have drawn New Mexico 3 of the last 5 years and shot a bull each year. I will be headed to montana.

19-Apr-14
I was able to add, so this MUST not be working :)

19-Apr-14
Ditto Dave, but if it's accurate I have 2 friends that drew.

19-Apr-14
Does this work for sure? I applied for elk, ant and deer for my wife and myself. The website let me add to the cart for both of us. Looks like a no go????

19-Apr-14
Awesome, Bake!

20-Apr-14
Good for you Bake.

20-Apr-14
How does it only work for elk?

If you applied for anything and asked for a refund then if you struck completely out you will be able to add the license, but had you drawn anything it should deny you. Right? or am I missing something?

20-Apr-14
huntabsarokee, yes my cart was cleared the second time yesterday. But I just tried it this morning and it lets me put one in my cart again.

So, I don't think this is a sure way as out of me trying it 3 times I was able to not buy it once.

20-Apr-14
Looks like nada for me ):

20-Apr-14
Looks like my group struck out... Probably a good thing since I drew an AZ tag, the wife was gonna kill me if I drew NM too

20-Apr-14
Ohio, it doesn't "only work for elk", it's the the "only way to check for elk". There is a different method to use for ibex, Oryx, and Barbary. I think it's also the only way to check for Antelope.

20-Apr-14
It would be the only way to check for elk, if you only applied for elk. If you applied for more than one animal you may have drawn something else. if you can not purchase another hunting license. Not sure any of the backdooe methods are correct because the deadline was yesturday to change app info, plus some are showing different results after checking multiple times. So how many of us out there have the same results as last year on the apps submitted. same as last year here.

20-Apr-14
I don't think this elk method is reliable. I tried 4 times in last 2 days and got different results, even though basket was empty. I only applied for elk.

20-Apr-14
What license do you try and purchase? I am trying to see if my son got drawn (I know, I could wait til Wednesday). When I log into his account, then go to general license sales, I don't see a general hunting license. Might be a Canadian thing!

russ

20-Apr-14
$65 NR hunting.

20-Apr-14
Looks like no NM elk tag for me. :(

20-Apr-14
No for me. Not giving up hope!

Looks like I'll take a week off for WTs

20-Apr-14
When I select a 65.00 Game License I get a message that says "Your order includes conflicting product selections, Conflicts with existing purchases. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Who knows, just have to wait and keep my fingers crossed.

21-Apr-14

coonazz's embedded Photo
coonazz's embedded Photo
So - This is a bad sign?

21-Apr-14
My dad and I applied as a group for elk, and nothing else. The system will not allow either of us to buy a general hunting license. I take it this is a good sign! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high until the results are officially posted, but that's really hard when there is a good chance you are headed to the Gila on your second ever elk hunt! If this method fails, there will be a grown man sobbing like a baby up here in Minnesota!

21-Apr-14
3 years in a row might be asking a bit much anyway......was really hoping my son drew a youth tag.......

21-Apr-14
Well, I figured out what license to buy - as an 11 year old, the non resident hunting license was not on the list. I tried to buy him a Youth hunting license for $15. It allowed me to add it to my cart, so I will assume he's out. Gonna be a disappointed kid come Wednesday (I don't have the heart to tell him yet).

russ

21-Apr-14
Steve Darn it brother!! Not looking good over here except it looks like 2B archery deer was a success.

21-Apr-14
I have tried three times to add a license and it wont let me. I hope this is accurate as this would mean I drew 16b. I am skeptical.

21-Apr-14
I got the exact same screen as coonazz did.

21-Apr-14
Same here as coonazz so guess we are out this year.

21-Apr-14
I wonder if this includes the Valles Caldera drawing also?

21-Apr-14
I just talked to a buddy down at the G&F. Don't count your chickens before they hatch

21-Apr-14
Is there a draw for chickens now? I didn't catch that and forgot to apply...

21-Apr-14
Chickens??? I hear there is some in unit 9....can't wait to buy an OTC tag for that!!!!

JBone

21-Apr-14
I know a foolproof way of telling. Wait 2 more days til they announce the results.

21-Apr-14
Would those be feral chickens? Like feral hogs I didn't think you needed a license for those.

21-Apr-14
Steve saw some big chickens in Lincoln County after Chavez gave him some "happy juice"

21-Apr-14
I drew an elk tag. My Big game license has been processed and I can print it off. I selected refund if I didnt draw, so I know I drew. Gila here I come.

21-Apr-14
Same thing here cmbbulldog. That was not there yesterday. Under "my purchases" the general license now has a green box saying "sold". I can print it and it says "Sold: 4/19/14". I also selected a refund if I didn't draw.

21-Apr-14
I get the same message as Test Man. Guess I will find out soon enough….NOT!!!! I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!

21-Apr-14
Congrats guys.

21-Apr-14
Update, checked mine again and found the same as cmbbulldog and raceguy, Under "my purchases" the general license now has a green box saying "sold". I can print it and it says "Sold: 4/19/14". I also selected a refund if I didn't draw.

21-Apr-14
I went in and checked draw results. The Lic. shows "paid", Drawing "pending"

21-Apr-14
Looks like I'm going to New Mexico for my second elk hunt!! Not sure which choice obviously, but like Test Man, I have the green "sold" message on 4/19. I also chose the refund option if unsuccessful in the draw.

The best part is that my Dad will be going with me for his first ever elk hunt at the age of 68! 2009 was his first antelope hunt and it was a great adventure together. Can't wait for this one!!! Pete

22-Apr-14
Here is something that seems to validate the green "sold" symbol and print license tab meaning you drew if you selected "refund". Since I apply for four kids, and several have drawn OIL in the past, I can test about any "backdoor" theory by comparing our accounts.

My license was nonrefundable and I applied in early March. It wasn't printable or show up on the bottom of the page with the green "sold" symbol until a few weeks after I applied. It showed up on on the bottom with the green "sold" on Mar 31, the day before the license year began.

In contrast, my son's license is refundable and it hasn't shown up with the green "sold" symbol yet. He is away at college so I only applied for sheep for him. I know he didn't draw because his once in a lifetime list "only" shows the youth sheep permit he drew in 2010 and the OIL Oryx he drew in 2010. (Big year for him....)

So by extension, if you asked for a refund and you now have a general license showing up as "sold" in green at the bottom of your purchases page, start tuning your broadheads. I think with all the other "backdoors" you can narrow it down to either Antelope or Elk if you didn't draw Deer, Oryx, Ibex, Barbary, or Bighorn. If you drew any of those, you could have also drawn elk and/or antelope.

22-Apr-14
I have the green sold sign. Man I hope you are right!!

22-Apr-14
Looks like my dad and I are headed to the Gila!!! Now the big question is which unit??? I'd be thrilled with any of our three choices!

22-Apr-14
Looks like I'll be buying another NM Land Owner Tag. :(

22-Apr-14
Damn sure at least hunting Oryx.........still hope on Elk and antelope.

22-Apr-14
my official results, "pending".

tomorrow should be the day.

22-Apr-14
Big Fin - are you saying that if the website still says "Pending" that you are definitely not drawn?

22-Apr-14
I drew and the website still says pending.

If you drew you should see a spot that says "General Hunting License" and under it there should be a green box that says "sold" under the General Hunting License Status. If you selected the refund option when you applied for the tag and you see this, it means you drew something. In my case elk was the only thing I applied for so I know I drew one of my elk choices. I'm just not sure which one.

22-Apr-14
so...do they send you a check or credit your CC?

sad day here in Minny 8(

22-Apr-14
So if you applied for a refund and you don't see the green box that says sold you did not get drawn?

22-Apr-14

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo
If you go to "MY PURCHASES" it should look like this, assuming this method is correct in proving that you drew some tag. Note that your license purchase date should be 04/19/2014 and your status should say SOLD, highlighted in green.

22-Apr-14

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo
See if the photo will attach this time.

22-Apr-14
Bummer for me.

22-Apr-14

coonazz's embedded Photo
coonazz's embedded Photo
Or - It will look like this if you got hosed in the Bighorn drawing and have no luck at all for the elk drawing.

22-Apr-14
Got the green sold sign, hope this is correct

22-Apr-14
That might hold true for NR? Mine has had the green sold sign on it since 3-31-14.

22-Apr-14
That might hold true for NR? Mine has had the green sold sign on it since 3-31-14.

I would say the whole backdoor is bs. Who knows, we may be screwing ourself by being inn the backdoor...lol

22-Apr-14
Almost makes you wonder if these guys didn't buy two license by mistake...

22-Apr-14
If you can check status through this "back door", it obviously means the draw has taken place. Wonder why G&F wouldn't just send out the emails as soon as the draw was concluded?

22-Apr-14
Why does it take so long to do a draw in the first place?

22-Apr-14
Early, my $15 paid green sign popped up sometime yesterday early morning (checked it twice on Sunday and nothing). It only works if a person selected a refund, however I'm not sure how it works if someone chose a refund, yet later needed to buy one (I.e. if someone decided to go turkey hunting last weekend)

Brijake, my guess/hope is that G&F is double checking and verifying the results. For example, they have to verify that a person did not draw both a Valles Caldera Lottery tag and a public draw tag, etc. etc.

22-Apr-14
If they sent out the results people would expect their refund right away which would rob The state of the interest the money accrues.

22-Apr-14
Raceguy, Hope they are verifying that I again drew nothing this year as a resident and feel sorry for me and are now going to send me the congratulations email!

I guess my point is that computers are quite fast these days and I can't imagine it takes this long to notify applicants if they were successful, or not. I think they watch these boards and just laugh their a** off at us trying to out smart their system.

22-Apr-14
Race Guy . the caldera draw was done first so if you were successful your name was removed prior to the game and fish draw, not after would botch the whole process if the had to go back and remove a tag from a successful app that had both the whole allocation system would thus fall out of line.

Bottom line is both draws are and have been done since probably Saturday. its a computer automated system that prob runs the draw in a few hours. they are just sitting on your money and once results come out i wouldn't expect to see refunds right away

22-Apr-14
Guys on MM are saying that emails should start going out this afternoon.

I HATE waiting!

Bake

22-Apr-14
Is there anyone who doesn't have a green tab under purchases? Hard to believe 5 of us got tags on 4 diff applications, my wife and I are the only 2 who put in on a party app. We applied for tags Gila too, not cow permits or less demand areas

22-Apr-14
I don't have one Frank :(

22-Apr-14
emails are coming just had a buddy say he got his email

22-Apr-14
confirmed two buddies got the emails so its go time fellas best of luck to all

22-Apr-14
PMix, you are probably right on that one. I was just giving G&F a little benefit of the doubt that they are double checking everything.

Since interest rates are virtually zero they have little reason to wait to refund peoples accounts, they are not making anything. IIRC last year I got my Oryx and deer refund within a week.

22-Apr-14
Just got my email confirmation from G%F right after I hit reply. Unit 9 late hunt.

22-Apr-14
deer or elk raceguy?

22-Apr-14
Is 16A second archery elk good?? I'm shaking!!

22-Apr-14
NoWiser, you are in for a hell of a hunt!

22-Apr-14
We all got Gila tags,,,,,, amazing 16A is incredible, especially w the wheat and the burn

22-Apr-14
16/d 1st season!!!

22-Apr-14
No green box, no email :(

Grats to all of you who drew.

Unless a miracle happens in Utah or CA, looks like we'll be heading back to Grizz country.

22-Apr-14
Elk Pmix! Sorry, should have been clearer

22-Apr-14
very good i like unit nine shot a great 6x5 there in 2012

22-Apr-14
Wow what an amazing year 2014 is going to be.. I LOVE NM my home state.We all drew 7 tags. In 2 different units. September is going yo be AWSOME.. The flipping drought is finally over. What a dry long spell, but well worth the wait..

22-Apr-14
Congrats to all that drew. Y'all suck...

: )

I can't complain. I drew primo Gila tags the last 2 years....was really hoping my boy drew....

A buddy and his son drew 16A, 1st hunt. I've never been in the unit. Any good head start type PM info would be most appreciated. They will go DIY, I'm sure.

Congrats to all of you that drew....MY tag!

22-Apr-14
Ki-Ke, I'm on my way to Kodiak right now, have 3 hunts there and then 3 on the Alaska Peninsula. I'll be done around June 1sr. You will prob have a lot of info for them by then, but I can give them some insight on 16A. send an email to me at [email protected] around June 1 and I'll call you

22-Apr-14
Perfect.

Thanks Frank. Find me some deer to hunt on Kodiak. I need to do that.

22-Apr-14
Big Fin was right, drew a tag!! JACKED UP...

22-Apr-14
16b 3rd season! Pretty fired up.

22-Apr-14
I thought my chance to draw was closer to none than slim. I did draw. I received the NM email. Man, am I thankful! I'm to old to miss any opportunities to bow hunt elk. The unit I drew is not a high demand unit, but I will still be elk hunting in NM. DIY solo. Congratulations to all that drew!

22-Apr-14
Anyone who drew 16a I would be more then happy to pass along information from last year.

22-Apr-14
Congrats to all who drew tags & try again next year to those who didn't.

23-Apr-14
Did the back door work for everyone that drew?

23-Apr-14
Worked perfect for me.

23-Apr-14
yep

23-Apr-14
yep

23-Apr-14
yep

23-Apr-14
Yes.

23-Apr-14
So, if my son's draw details still show pending, I'm guessing he's out?

Congrats and good luck to all who did draw!

russ

23-Apr-14
Official on-line results will be posted on NMDGF website at 10am, 04/23/2014. The pending will be changed to successful or unsuccessful at that time.

23-Apr-14
drew valles caldera cow hunt! First time applying for the Valles anyone have any information on it?

23-Apr-14
cooper23, just make sure your freezer is plugged in and empty!

23-Apr-14
Backdoor method did not work for me, as I stupidly, idiotically, for some reason, did not choose to get a refund of my $65 license.

I did not draw. And I had my hopes up

Bake

23-Apr-14
what does a red unsuccessful mean?

• Sitka Gear