HDE 13-Jul-14
dr. bob 13-Jul-14
vhram 13-Jul-14
gottoohunt 13-Jul-14
TurkeyBowMaster 13-Jul-14
'Ike' 13-Jul-14
BULELK1 14-Jul-14
13-Jul-14
How do you guys clean and keep your mouth calls in good working order?

13-Jul-14
Miller1 i know you saw this on elknut but here it is again for others to see- This is imo the absolute beat way to clean and preserve mouth calls/diaphrams to last a long time and its very simple. I do this with turkey and elk calls. After every use I put the diaphrams in a small cup of water with a little splash of mouth wash then into the refrigerator.. This keeps the diaphram clean, cool, and keeps the reeds from sticking together and like new. Now while in the backcountry where you cant do this at night keep the diaphrams in a little bit of water in your stove pot/cup whatever you have to use... While in use keep call as moist as possible.. When calls dry up and get in warm temps thats when they breakdown and start to wear down.. Hope this helps.

13-Jul-14
I am resigned to the fact that my Halitosis is bad enough that I am going to have to buy new ones every year

13-Jul-14
Thanks tlkyslr, i always post questions on a couple different sites.

13-Jul-14
I just buy new ones every year (or as an on-needed basis, which ever comes first).

13-Jul-14
I make new ones every year.

13-Jul-14
Good info,

13-Jul-14
During the off season when the calls are not in use I place tone savers between the reeds after cleaning the mouth call in a solution of 50% mouth wash and 50% water, then I keep them in the refrigerator where they stay cool and moist. In the field I place them in the 50%/50% solution that is in a small plastic covered cup every couple of days, this keeps the germs down and helps the mouth call to last longer.

13-Jul-14
Baby food jar with a little moisture in it. Sometimes a little mold will grow but nothing that want was off

13-Jul-14
Same here, clean and put in fridge...

14-Jul-14
They are not very expensive so I just buy new ones each year.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear