notags 14-Jul-14
hunting1 14-Jul-14
Rancher 15-Jul-14
Bigdan 15-Jul-14
StickFlicker 16-Jul-14
TJW 19-Jul-14
AZrecurve 19-Jul-14
14-Jul-14
I know the rainy season in Arizona starts in July. So how is it going? Blacktail Bob and I have unit 8 tags. I know its been real dry in Az till now.

14-Jul-14
Big Dan, I haven't been in Willima a specifically but we had a nice early start to our monsoon season. The rain started falling on July 2-3 all over the state. Fire restrictions were just lifted on most of the national forests. This will be a good thing for elk season! I was in units 1,3, and 4 over the 4th of July and it rained hard every day we were there. The forest has already started to green up!

14-Jul-14
Been raining for the last 1-2 weeks in most of northern az! Its all good!

14-Jul-14
Bigdan, how'd you NRs get my tag? Didnt you recently have an AZ tag in unit 9? I am getting tired of no elk tags in my home state.

14-Jul-14
BigDan I hear you and deadeye (Mike) have been talking and I am looking forward to meeting you there hopefully. It has been 13-years since I have hunted AZ.

15-Jul-14
I live in Chino Valley,and it has been raining every day in Williams

15-Jul-14
Garth I have had 3 tags this is my second in unit 8 my other was in 4b. The only time I was in 9 was calling for Marvin. with lots of rain looks like there going to grow some big tops. Thanks guys.

16-Jul-14
As others have stated, the monsoon started early this year and has been very consistent. You should be fine.

By the way, I really enjoyed having you call for me Dan. I'll do my best to draw it again so you can come and have some more fun!

Marvin

19-Jul-14
Grow baby grow.

19-Jul-14
Our first "break" of the monsoon has started. Forecast for the upcoming week is dry, with record setting temps on Wed//Thursday.

These breaks, which occur from time to time, last about a week or so, then the rains pick up again. But it's been a good start.

• Sitka Gear