olebuck 14-Jul-14
Backcountry 14-Jul-14
WapitiBob 14-Jul-14
Fulldraw1972 14-Jul-14
WylieCoyote 14-Jul-14
olebuck 14-Jul-14
Stick 14-Jul-14
14-Jul-14
I usually use a crooked horn outfitter style bino harness when white tail hunting.

I've found some challenges to getting all my gear strapped on while elk hunting.

Here is my set up.

I use a rancho safari fanny pack with shoulder straps and back quiver.

I usually put my bino's on - then my pack. I have found that the middle shoulder strap - Sternum buckle sometimes get in the way and I have to unbuckle it to really use my bino's

any one have any other systems that work okay ? while spotting and stalking ?

14-Jul-14
Just buckle the sternum strap under your bino strap.

14-Jul-14
My bino system always goes on first. I then feed the pack sternum strap under the front bino straps. That setup allows unfettered access to the binos with the pack on or off.

14-Jul-14
I used to just put the sternum strap under my bino harness. Then I watched a Kifaru video and they say not to have the sternum strap tight. Aron actually showed one of his packs with it removed.

I later tried a very loose sternum strap for a 5 mile hike. It actually felt better on my chest not having the shoulder straps pulled in. From a snug sternum strap. I removed it all together.

14-Jul-14
I am with WapitiBob.....works comfortably for me....

Joe

14-Jul-14
I forgot to mention that I also use a third hand archer clip tethered to the left side should strap. just below and left of the sternum strap. this allows me to hook the bow string and it fall in right under my arm with the grip of the bow in my left hand.

I'm going to play around with it this evening and see what feels good.

14-Jul-14
What back country said...just buckle your chest strap under your bino harness..I have done this for years.

• Sitka Gear