Barty1970 15-Jul-14
#1BEAR 15-Jul-14
arctichill 15-Jul-14
moosenelson 15-Jul-14
BigMo 15-Jul-14
14-Jul-14

BigMo's embedded Photo
BigMo's embedded Photo
Found the perfect camp site and saw literally 200+ elk.....and one great bull that certainly will have me wishing Sept 11 was tomorrow!

14-Jul-14

BigMo's embedded Photo
BigMo's embedded Photo

14-Jul-14

BigMo's embedded Photo
BigMo's embedded Photo

14-Jul-14
Holy openness Batman!

14-Jul-14
yeah that IS open stuff. I see a wire of some sort too. Elk in laces like that can be the "here today gone tomorrow" kind. Of course they can be anywhere but in wide open stuff they tend to cover lots of ground naturally. Nice to see the buggers though huh. Good luck.

14-Jul-14
The shot with the "wire" is right off the road by Beaver Head in the Gila Wilderness. It is very open in flats, but we watched all these elk slip into the forest.

14-Jul-14
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

15-Jul-14
So some sort of Cloak of Invisibility is required??

15-Jul-14
Hunted that same area in the early 90s. Great area...I'm going back there some day. Best of luck, some REALLY big bulls there.

15-Jul-14
As BigMo knows, there is plenty of cover in that area. Those pics were likely taken near first light, or really late in the day.The elk feed out into those big meadows late in the evening to feed throughout the night. Come September, the cows do the feeding and the bulls follow to do the chasing and fighting. Shortly after first light the elk are back in the trees. When hunting season starts they sometimes stay in the trees until dark and retreat back before sun up. I imagine that describes elk behavior in most of the west. Lol Great pics and wishes for a great hunt!

15-Jul-14
Bull doesn't look so big to me. 1/8th of an inch? We have bigger ones here in MB.

Seriously though, I am very eager to get after it this season. 3 out of 4 guys have tags so its gonna be a lot of work!

Thx 4 the picture. I wish we had some elk country like that where I hunt.

15-Jul-14
Year, sorry about the pic being "small" zoomed in from over 800 yards. He is a big 6x6 and still has lots of time to grow. No telling what he will end up scoring. I sure hope to find out!

• Sitka Gear