moosenelson 14-Jul-14
Jaquomo 14-Jul-14
Rick M 14-Jul-14
YZF-88 14-Jul-14
BowCrossSkin 15-Jul-14
14-Jul-14

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Well, except for this herd of around 120 cows and calves I ran into while coming home from scouting last Monday, July 7th. They were a day's walk from timberline where it's nice and cool at about 10,800', feeding out in the open in the middle of the afternoon when it was 85 degrees. The nearest live tree is about 4 miles away, and their elevation in this photo is about 5700'.

I couldn't get them all in my little pocket camera lens because they were spread out across the hillside.

Just goes to show that elk are wherever they want to be at this time of year.

14-Jul-14
Nice pic and yes, elk are where you find them!

14-Jul-14
Probably napping in the shade of that brush? We've had em move 4 miles in a night so I guess its only far to my lazy butt.

Elk are sooo much more mobile than wtails. It was hard to get used to just how m9bile they are. We boogered a herd and never saw them again in 2 weeks of hunting.

14-Jul-14
These elk are headed even lower in elevation. Its public land, but I'm too old to pack one out from where they are during season.

14-Jul-14
Nice pic Lou. You can pack em with that new hip can't you??

I am looking into pack animals for this year

14-Jul-14
Every bull I found July 4th weekend was way up high and in the windiest parts. No doubt because of the mosquitos. They were BAD!

15-Jul-14
I've found the deer and elk where the mosquitos are not as thick. In the bottom of the valley where the wind blows and above tree line and fringes.

Its just like hunting season the animals are where the pests are not.

GL all

• Sitka Gear