mrelite 19-Jul-14
NorthT 19-Jul-14
mAv 19-Jul-14
Coccon Man 19-Jul-14
Backpack Hunter 19-Jul-14
HDE 19-Jul-14
razorsharp 19-Jul-14
18-Jul-14
Looking for opinions on kifaru timerline 2 pack. Considering buying one. I have no experience with kifaru packs.

I use a blue widow eberlestock now.

Thanks

18-Jul-14
It's an excellent pack! The T2 is one of my favorites, very comfortable. Buy with confidence.

18-Jul-14
I have a T1 and love it. I was thinking of going with a T2 but decided for the minor weight gain and minor price increase for a couple thousand cubic inches was worth the step up. I think you will be very happy with a T2. Great pack, great customer service...

18-Jul-14
Might even look a the DT line, I believe they are the same pack but a beefier frame, duplex if I recall? If you might be packing heavy loads it's a good option. I forget what the break off point was, over 60 or 70 lbs if I recall, but call them, they could give you some great info on it.

I'd say call Aron but I understand he's a bit busy right now. =D

18-Jul-14
Kifaru is top notch stuff and I like Mystery Ranch very much as well

18-Jul-14
I bought the T2 and I love it. I have not used it Elk hunting yet but I have put alot of miles on it with turkey hunting and scouting. It carries my pop up blind well and I look forward to using it elk hunting this year.

18-Jul-14
Although EB makes good stuff, you will be happy with an upgrade.

Have fun in your search, there are a lot (5 or 6) out there that offer quality use. I've seen people with Kifaru and they seem to be a good setup - I do not own one myself.

18-Jul-14
The T2 is a 100+ lb pack. You won't have a problem carrying heavy loads.

18-Jul-14
T2 bag on the duplex frame is hard to beat.Bob

19-Jul-14
Kifaru is best of the best! I like the duplex frames. So either a timberline or Longhunter or highcamp bag on a duplex frame.

19-Jul-14
Heheheheh.... forgot the Nomad.... =D

19-Jul-14
I've got a T3 on the normal suspension and it's good for 60# but it can barrel with heavy and big loads. I've also got a T1 on the bikini frame and it's comfortable to 100# with no barreling. I'd go with the Timberline bag on the Bikini or Duplex frame.

19-Jul-14
I am on my 3rd year with the T2 and still love it. I do wish the top opening was a little wider to make it easier to get the meat in, might have to upgrade some day!

19-Jul-14
I was looking at the dt2 earlier this year and after talking with Aron decided to go with nomad and bikini for more versatility. Love this pack. It does take a min to load it, or figure out how to load it. It has a lot of options. I went with 2 med belt pouches in the center and 2 small on the belt. My pack for 6 days with food and 2 l of water was 38 lbs and felt good. For testing I have been using a bag of quick Crete-80 lbs and it feels like 50. Not saying the weight isn't there but happy with the feel. I do like the bikini but would a lot like to try tech duplex just cause.

19-Jul-14
I fairly recently moved to CO and got into backpack hunting. I'm a research person, did a ton of research, cried for a while, and finally bought a Kifaru Duplex frame and DT1. I can say it was one of the best purchases around hunting that I've ever made. It makes carrying a ton of weight feel as comfortable as it's ever going to. The quality is second to none, the construction is damn near bomb proof. What really pushed me over on the decision to buy was Aron's (and really all of Kifaru's staff) willingness to help. We spoke a few times on the phone, he answered my questions, made realistic suggestions and even talked me out of buying some unnecessary accessories for my use. A quality product with quality support is a must-buy for me. Wouldn't do it any differently the next time either.

19-Jul-14
I have a blue widow and a Kifaru DT2 and the Kifaru carries a heavy load much better.

19-Jul-14
Should be a good pack for you if you choose that route. If your going thru western NC stop by and you can try out a T1 if you like.

19-Jul-14
"Kifaru is best of the best!"

They must be - there seem to be more threads about this pack than any other, a popular thread hijacker, and probably more than Sitka Gear...

19-Jul-14
Had a Blue Widow and I upgraded to a Kifaru T1. Feels much better with a heavy load!

• Sitka Gear