kentuckbowhnter 25-Jul-14
Paul@thefort 25-Jul-14
drycreek 25-Jul-14
Dooner 25-Jul-14
elkemrack 25-Jul-14
Bou'bound 26-Jul-14
midwest 26-Jul-14
20-Jul-14
im new to bow hunting and got a dimaond carbon care and had them tune it and they let me shot it it shots great first arow was my bad then i shot three in the kill zone and i got home and seen the to lines that the new bow has it was not in the middle of them so is it safe for me to shot it or not so the timing of the cams are off ?

20-Jul-14
Is this tbm's cousin? The name and spelling gave it away...

In all seriousness take it to a 'real' bowshop for tuning help as cabelas is not.

20-Jul-14
Your fine. Just forget the wind and hunt

20-Jul-14
Make sure they checked your cam oil too!

20-Jul-14
Try Hooked on Phonics!!

20-Jul-14
like trkyslr said, you're best bet is going to be going into a local bow shop and getting them to help you with it. Once they get it close, you can do internet searches on paper and walk-back tuning and get it shooting good. Good luck.

20-Jul-14
You guys are ruthless...however I would suggest to make certain on a new bow that the stabilizer belt is tight!

20-Jul-14
ck the timing belt

20-Jul-14
Be nice everybody and help. This isn't AT or MM.

20-Jul-14
IF you are going to bowhunt your first goal is to learn to setup and tune your bow yourself.

Nobody will take care of you like you can.Go to a reputable shop and learn how to work on your own,it's not that difficult at all.

20-Jul-14
Nice welcome fellas....

Pro shop for sure, redneck! Bow is safe to shoot, but will shoot a bunch better if tuned properly.

20-Jul-14
I would take it to a reputable shop who specializes in tuning.

Bou, and others: you have so much to offer in ways of experience and advice. The problem is, you seldom share it.

Sincerely,

Keven

20-Jul-14
You are right bullsac. The best advice in this case would be to learn to articulate the current state of the matter in accurate and understandable terms so those who may be able to help can understand.

There is a responsibility of all of us in communication to bring the basics to the table. That initial post is an abomination of the written language and structure and is totally worthy of someone taking a step back and representing his point with clarity. If he is not serious he won't mind the joke back at him. If that was his best it is sad and his needs go far beyond learning to tune a bow

Nobody can answer a question that they don't understand and there is no way with certainty to know what that person is facing or seeking help on.

You get what you deserve and that level of communication got what it deserved. If this is truly the best the person can do then my advice would be put the bow down and practice reading and writing. It will get you further in life than the bow. When you have achieved a basic level of literacy then you'll have time for a great sport and we will help you out.

But few will be willing to actually say that.

20-Jul-14
Wow!! For a minute I thought I was on AT too.. It's one thing when we bust on us old timers on here that we all know. But this kid I'm pretty sure don't know any of us. I'm also pretty sure he does not know what or who TBM is.. Now I think some of you owe someone a apology..

Ed

20-Jul-14
Real pro shops are worth their weight in gold till you know what your doing! I suggest you shoot the bow for a hundred plus shots to let the string settle in then take it back and make them fix it. Normal procedure to do this , the strings will stretch and specs will get off and the specs are something you need to learn how to measure so you have an idea what to watch for!

20-Jul-14
No one owes anyone an apology. The guy is obviously a fake.

If he knows so little about bow tuning that he would allow the rookies (at best) at Cabelas to tune his bow, how is it possible that he knows the cams even needed timing?

And another thing.....to spell and punctuate THAT poorly, one would need to know how to spell and punctuate correctly.

Why he bothered to do this? Who knows? Perhaps to get attention, or just stir the pot a little. Debate Free??

20-Jul-14
Constructive and positive on this site? Sometimes yes. Most of the time no!

20-Jul-14
Geez guys...why be so quick to attack the guy. Also...even though the post is hard to read I am pretty sure you guys know what he is asking. This is common with young people as they type on forums just as they text

OP,

I wouldn't be concerned with the timing marks if the bow shoots fine but a others have said....take your bow to a real pro shop and have them help you with your bow and your shooting.

20-Jul-14
Government schools.

20-Jul-14
Bowfreak you too are forced to speculate based on the foggy language...............where did you get the impression the OP was young? It just says he's new to bowhunting.

It's not the listeners or readers role to interpret what someone is asking........ it is their job to ask it clearly if they want clear direction.

20-Jul-14
Virtually impossible to read after 2 mixed drinks

20-Jul-14
He also ended one of the sentences with a preposition! ;-)

20-Jul-14
Amen Bou' I guess it's just a pet peeve but if you can't formulate a basic sentence then you lose all credibility. If he was in fact born in 1988, like Archery95 suggests, that still puts him at 25 or 26. If he can't grasp the English language better than that he has no business holding anything with a sharp point on it. Or trying to figure out how to launch one.

20-Jul-14
Rut. Please show me where I propositioned anyone.........at the end of the sentence or anywhere else for that matter!

20-Jul-14
It could be that you won't hear another word from Mr. redneck 1988.

If that's the case, he either got his feelings hurt or he is a phony attention whore.

I'm bettin' on the latter.

20-Jul-14

20-Jul-14
Looks like a plant to me with the poor spelling, no punctuation, and yet is asking that question!

20-Jul-14
do to my bad spelling i have a disabilty so im sorry for the reading

my question was

the new bowtech carbon cure was two little lines one the larger cam ok .... the sting is to the left i ask if i can shot is because i don't want nothing going wrong... and some of you are very rude

im not a fake and i watched a youtube video about timing the cam and how that the bow tech did on youtube

20-Jul-14
Tough crowd for a debate free thread.

Hope you get it sorted out and prosper as a dedicated and prolific bow hunter.

20-Jul-14
Take a picture. Don't know what you are describing.

20-Jul-14
He's right about one thing, some of y'all are very rude ! LOL

Take it to a real bowshop, not a Cabelas store as advised above.

20-Jul-14
Redneck1988, You have nothing to be sorry for..

I'm some what embarrassed by some of these guys and how they treated you..

Can any of you guys that made negative statements, post why you posted them. This guy was just asking a question.

Ed

20-Jul-14

AZrecurve's embedded Photo
AZrecurve's embedded Photo
I believe you are talking about this.

redneck1988, I would take it into a bow shop to get that timed right. The cable should be between the two lines.

20-Jul-14
AZ amen yep can i still shot it the or would the timing mess it up i have to have all done again or no

20-Jul-14
the vanes on my arrow and little bit messed up as in they are not straight up and down there more turned how can i fix it

20-Jul-14
Not being rude but I would never have Cabelas work on anything ! Find good bow shop and learn as much as you can .

20-Jul-14
Redneck, if I were you I would take it to a reputable shop and have them look at it. Learning to tune your own bow is a great thing to learn but you probably want to shoot it accurately right away and learn as you go. If you continue to use this forum to learn about archery you will quickly come to realize that the people on here are just like the cross-section of those all over the world. Genuine, good and helpful people and then the others. I think if you want to learn you will find that the good on here generally outweighs the bad.

20-Jul-14
Pro shops love working on bows you bought at other places.

20-Jul-14
The literary police of BS have reached a new low. You condescending (just a few of the above) knuckleheads owe an apology.

I never thought, as a participant on an Internet forum, that I could be embarrassed by a fellow bowhunter(s).

20-Jul-14
Wow. If I were to advise Redneck I would tell him to visit a club where they have archery targets. I would tell him to shoot and ask some of the regulars where they get their bows worked on. Pro shops do not like to work on equipment they didn't sell but they do want a new guy to get started right. There is NO chance of a sale if a newbie leaves the sport in total frustration. Just my 2 cents worth.

20-Jul-14
ki-ki,

This whole thread is pretty sad. The OP, after being virtually bludgeoned, posts he has a disability. I am sure many feel like tools now but will never admit they were tools. I will be surprised if any apologies are issued too. If I didn't know better I would think that AT was down.

redneck,

Timing the cam is a simple task but it requires at least some knowledge of bows. It will require a press and a few twists in the cable to get the cam timed properly. I would take the bow to a real pro shop or like others have said go to an archery range and ask for help. Good luck buddy and don't let those guys who posted earlier discourage you. If I can help you any you are welcome to PM me with any of your questions.

Also...like Don said pro shops will not be crazy about working on a bow you didn't buy from them. Just tell them that you were a noob and had no idea that buying a bow from a real pro shop was so important. Let them know that you will gladly pay for their services.

20-Jul-14
Pat, please post the literacy levels (basic) that those looking for answers for archery questions should attain so that "we" will know who to help. If they have already been posted and I missed them, please direct me to them. Thank you

20-Jul-14
It's a good thing this site has an edit button or my posts sometimes wouldn't make sense either!!

Redneck1988, you will find after awhile that pretty well all who post on this site, including Bou Bound, are all good, helpful users of bowsite.

Good luck with your future bowhunting and hope you enjoy this site!!

20-Jul-14
i rifle hunt as well wanted to try my hand in archery as well as a hobby and going out and learn how bulls are in the rut and get a idea on how they move and if im rifle hunting i can put my bowing skill to action as well

20-Jul-14
"This thread designated as DEBATE FREE. All responses must be Constructive and Positive."

I thought this statement was very easy to interpret but some on here just couldn't comprehend.

I agree with others above redneck. Find a better bow shop or a friend who knows what he's doing and have them show you how to adjust things.

20-Jul-14
I'll be the first to apologize and say I was tool. I had nothing to add to the OP's question but felt the need to jump in. Should have just minded my own business. I have over the years come to appreciate Bou'bound's sarcasm. It's one of the highlights around here. Again, to redneck88, I apologize. Good luck on your tuning issue and I would suggest following the advice of those above and take it to a reputable bow shop and learn all you can. Nothing will make you happier than when you get it done. Please post pictures and tell us the story when you do.

20-Jul-14
A question. If redneck is truly at a disadvantage and new to this forum, not someone yanking our collective chains, how is it that he knows to designate this thread as " debate free " ? And already started three more equally foggy threads. Just food for thought.

20-Jul-14
On the other threads he started, he asked a question on sighting, another on paper tuning, and another on lining up vanes. Yes, sounds very fishy indeed for someone new to archery and trying to learn a few things....definitely a troll. Sheesh!

20-Jul-14
all im doing is trying to talk to bow hunter for some info on stuff stop been rude and im not a fake

20-Jul-14
Redneck 1988, I read this sight often, post on occasion. It is very dangerous to do as some are waiting to pounce on anyone. I have a son and grandson with a learning disabilities and am a teacher. Some people have no idea how ignorant they are. Yes, "I am one of the government educators." I have the same passion in my classroom as in my hunting and shooting. I teach my students to think and problem solve. Not to accept things at face value. To stand up for what you believe in and why. I am not a liberal nor a conservative. I believe in the constitution and that anyone can better themselves still in America. Unfortunately, some sanctimonious people can't accept people, for who they are, or what they are. I hope it makes those of you feel good, real big, when you go to bed tonight. If this is a prank so be it. But you have shown your ignorance in this post. Pretty easy to judge someone you have never met and only by their writing in a post. I have posted with typos when in a hurry or just an oversight. WOW!!! PS I am sure I missed some punctuation. Don't care not getting graded.

21-Jul-14
I have a disability as well that interferes with my sentence structure, spelling and punctuation at times but effort, spell check and grammar check usually help with that a ton. I have been blasted at times on here for similar issues but not to this degree because mine is not that bad in comparison.

With that said.... I worked with special needs kids for 5 years and no disability I am aware of would allow a person to navigate the net and also prevent a person from ending a sentence properly. These post of his are short and more care could be taken to proof read and at least grammar check them. At a minimum a period where it belongs would help. It is hard to understand what he is saying. If you can read you can structure a sentence a little better.

Its shoot and not shot. 'I want to "shoot" my bow.' I went out and "shot" my bow. See the difference.

These writing flaws are very poor on your part but with just a little effort you can overcome most of them by spell check, grammar check and proof reading but it takes a little effort. You know how to get on the net and work a forum and even set up a thread as "DEBATE FREE" so you should be able to spell check, grammar check and learn to use a period without much effort. Like I said I have similar issues but no where near that bad and I learned to overcome it by making a little effort.

If you do not do so the trashing will continue. Trust me on that one. Bad punctuation with words such as 'its' and 'it's' or 'your' and 'you're' are one thing but your post are almost unreadable.

Sorry!

21-Jul-14
WOW I THOUGHT I WAS GOING INTO A GOOD FORUM THAT WELL HELP ME WITH MY BOW BUT I GUESS NOT EVERY ONE IS RUDE BUT MOST ARE NOT. WHO CARE FOR A DUM .

21-Jul-14
7 of the first 8 responses were teasing in nature. my only response to the original poster was one of those and that was "You're fine. Just forget the wind and hunt". certainly not ripping him,just an exaggerated way to show i am confused on the nature of his question.

all other responses were directed to other's who raised questions or criticism, not the original poster.

I will make my second suggestion now to the original poster.........I am sure some won't like it, but it is good advice if he is legitimatly a learning challenged person with very real communication difficulties.........i originally posted this above and directed it to bullsac.

"If this is truly the best the person can do then my advice would be put the bow down and practice reading and writing more. It will get him further in life than the bow."

That remains my advice. There are bigger opportunities for the OP to overcome, and he can overcome them, than cam timing.

21-Jul-14
I could not understand what the OP was getting at either and after reading it one time I quit trying. Typical TBM style.

I'm looking at the OP from a different perspective, one I'm all too familiar with. I would say the disability is laziness and I’m am being VERY constructive here. My wife is a VP of her company yet I have seen some texts she has sent me look very much like the OP. Makes me have to guess at what she was trying to say. Just PI$$ES off to no end! In her case it isn’t so much lazy as it is she is in a huge hurry and is jammed for time so she doesn’t proof read what her text corrections put in for her. Technology at its finest. Many times I have told her I hope she doesn’t send anything like that to a customer. Good grief!

If you are using spell check and allowing the computer, Ipad or cell phone to make the changes for you rather than correcting it then your disability is lazy. Go back, proof read what you wrote and fix it before you hit send or post. Like other have said, you’re smart enough to know how to use and navigate around a forum, then you’re smart enough to proof read what it is your trying to ask. Stop being so lazy because people like Bou can and will point you in the right direction.

Last note, if you feel this is rude maybe you should re-read your posts out loud word for word and ask yourself if you could completely understand it. Your posts IMO are rude to make people guess at what it is your asking. If you truly do have a problem then at least have someone proof read what your trying to say first. After all, you’re the one asking for help. Help them point you in the right direction.

GBA

21-Jul-14
Here's the take away, redneck1988:

Big box stores like Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. do not shine in the service department. Archery equipment, unlike firearms, are dynamic and change with time and use (firearms are fairly static in comparison, changing only with load differentials and abuse) so your initial foray into archery should be with the expectation of partnering with a local bow shop while you learn. Expect to make mistakes too, especially the dumb ones, because they teach us the humility that accompanies the sport.

So find a local bow shop. Hopefully you have one. I do not. Personally, I drive past a Dick's Sporting Goods and a Bass Pro Shop to get to my archery shop - a drive of about 40 minutes. Hopefully, that will illustrate how serious myself and others are when we advise to seek out a reputable shop.

Bad advice and poor workmanship will seriously hinder your growth and cost you money. Conversely, great support will be a launching pad. Patronizing your local bow shop will cost you more for a dozen arrows or a new release but it will save you tons of money, time and effort as you gain proficiency. As such, it benefits you to support them with your business.

The Bowsite is a phenomenal place to come for help. The bowhunters here are world class. It will be your single biggest asset in shooting and hunting once you have learned to separate the wheat from the chaff. Hang around long enough and you will see both grow in the same field(s). Every field, actually. :)

21-Jul-14
Kyle,I would PM (private message) Bowfreak as he requested,he is really good with bows/tuning

21-Jul-14
OP, Don't mind the boneheads giving you a hard time. Its typical prehunting season frustration. They will come around eventually.

Like every one above has said. Go to a pro shop and have them look at your bow. I would have them give it a good tune. Maybe ask for shooting pointers as well. Good form is a must to shooting consistently. Read as much as you can on setting up your bow, tuning and shooting.

Good luck

21-Jul-14
I have one bow shop three miles from my house I wont go in unless I need batteries or something simple . I drive 30 min away if I need something done to my bow and if I had to I would drive a lot further . I try to learn what I can do myself . Just got my own bow press and keep on learning as much as I can .

21-Jul-14
Not to discredit Cabela's, but they are a large retail store and they offer several products and services. They are not necessarily worried about you being a repeat bow buyer, therfore do not necessarily need to provide custom tuning at their expense. That is for the local pro shop that needs you to be a repeat bow buyer.

21-Jul-14

Rut. Please show me where I propositioned anyone.........at the end of the sentence or anywhere else for that matter!

LOL! Classic 'bou! ;-)

21-Jul-14
As others have said, take your bow to a pro shop to have it tuned.

New strings stretch as they are broken in. Unless you are planning on hunting soon, I would shoot it for awhile before you take it to a pro shop to be tuned. That way a lot of the new string stretch will be done so when the bow is tuned it should stay in tune longer.

21-Jul-14

TD's Link
Now that Bowsite's Hooked on Phonics is resoved....(little humor from the CF....)

Timed and tuned are two different things.

Timing a bow is the first step, you'll never get it tuned right if the timing or other mechanical issues are there. I'd have to say I doubt if many at the Cabelas store have the knowledge to time the bow or set it to factory spec. There are regular bow shops that really don't either for that matter. Open the box, screw on some accessories and roll em out....Problem shooting broadheads? Here, you need to buy some of these new mech heads, that will fix it....

You checked the right things, it would seem the cam timing was off if outside the marks. To fix this you will need a press, it's adjusted by twisting or untwisting strings and cables. Needs to be set back to factory specs, ATA, etc. It's safe to shoot as is, but won't shoot at it's best, or yours for that matter.

Not owning a press needed to adjust things, at this point you might want to take it to a shop and pay them to set it back to factory spec. Actually a good time to do so after you've shot it several times and settled the string and cables in. Ask them to check the rest settings, centershot, nock height, etc. so you should be in the ballpark.

Once timed and set up a person can tune it themselves with a little research etc. I'd start with a paper tune just to get the hang of what you're trying to do. take it to finer tune from there. Several methods a person can use, my holy grail is broadhead tuning.

Woody Sanford makes a great video on the basics of tuning in this link.

21-Jul-14
Wow sounds like an honest question from a new hunter/shooter and the archery snobs attack, what an impression. Can't answer your question because I don't shoot wheel bows, but it was mentioned earlier to go to a real archery pro shop they will set you up correctly. Don't let the idiots at the beginning of your post give you the wrong idea about archers in general. Good luck with your pursuit.

21-Jul-14
thanks guys and for the butt holes on this post ill post pics of my elk and deer so then you can shutup about been rude haha

21-Jul-14
To tide us over until hunting season please just post a picture of your bow please

21-Jul-14
I've perused bowsite for years and I couldn't post a picture if my life depended on it! Can't imagine what that makes me!

21-Jul-14
mainbrdr

By: mainbrdr Posted: 01-Jan-14

22-Jul-14
Redneck,

Maybe some are butt holes but gezzz man......Not using a period makes what you're writing very hard to understand. That's all most are really saying.

I will make a joke if I may...If you can't spell or use punctuation and your screen name is redneck then you might really be be a redneck. LOL. Just busting your chops man. The irony of your handle is overwhelming and I could not resist. Touché

You should not get angry at us for a communication issue that comes from your end. I understand your frustration but it is not our fault. Those who really poke fun at you rudely and are jackasses is a different story though. Those who make suggestions are within their rights and you should take the suggestions so as to better your bowsite experience. Keep in mind there are always as#hol#^ in the real world and the same goes for the net if not more so because people on the net do not need to worry about having their azz kicked for rude comments they would never make face to face. On the other hand there are also many very nice people willing to help you here and many here are great guys willing to help anyone with just about anything a person can ask about.

Now.....Usually I would defend a person in your position because I have a very similar problem to yours but you seem to be making NO effort and instead want to blast away and call people "butt holes."

Please do yourself one favor. This is serious and meant to only be helpful for you and us who read your post so we can understand and actually give the advice you seek in the future. Before you type anything say it out loud 1st. It is what I do and it helps a lot. Each sentence you say will have a pause at the end just as if you were talking to someone face to face. When you talk to someone face to face you pause between sentences right? Of course you do because if you didn't people would look at you funny and walk away. Anyway.... That pause you do when speaking is where you put a period when writing.

Misspellings and bad punctuation is tolerable but run on sentences with no periods at all is very hard to read and comprehend on our part. Keep that in mind please and I hope this helps you in the future here.

Take it for what it is worth my friend. If you do not try you will get run out on a stick. Trust me on that one. Been there and done that.

22-Jul-14
Redneck, Some have given great advice others, not so much. We can all remember being new to the sport, I guess some are too old to remember their first bow. Regardless, the best move you can make is to find an experienced mentor. Start by finding a good bow shop near you. Ask them where the nearest club is and then go for it. Do not be bashful. I promise you that you will find someone that cares enough to help you out. Heck, post you general location and I'll bet there are bowsiters living close to you that would be willing to take you under their wing. Good luck.

22-Jul-14
never let anyone else work on your bow.....buy a good profesional press and you will never regret it. of course you will need to educate yourself as well or your work will be as incompetant as the idiots at cabela's or wherever.

22-Jul-14
how are you doing with the tuning kyle

22-Jul-14
Hey John, my son has posted several for me!

25-Jul-14
Kyle you still out there? Oh where oh where have you gone. Kind of like a candle on he wind. Four strange posts one morning and then up and poof like a fart in the breeze.

25-Jul-14
I would sell the bow and buy one that will never have cam timing issues.

25-Jul-14
Kyle, now you are being rude, ie, "butt holes and haha". Just take the good advise and then leave it alone.

My best, Paul

25-Jul-14
Kyle is a GHOST ...........

25-Jul-14
sounds like many of you guys have TMB PTSD:-)

25-Jul-14
I bought a Carbon Cure for my son this spring. After a little shooting the cable serving was coming apart. We took it back and and tried another carbon cure. The second bow did the same thing after a 100 shots at the store. We refunded the bow and bought another brand.

Was told later by another source, if someone's draw was less then 28" with the cure the cable will always rub against the cam. We could not figure out a way to remedy the problem at the time so the refund was in order. Would this be a timing issue on the cams?

One thing I will say about Cabelas is they are the only dealer I know of that I could have walked away from the deal altogether.

26-Jul-14
"Kyle is a GHOST ..........."

no kyle apparently was never real in the first place. nor his story about having challenges it appears.

at least that is how his behavior would indicate.

He posts four unintelligible questions in about an hour one morning, created a little buzz, played the handicapped card, and then evaporated. no follow-ups, acknowledgements, photos, etc.

i could be wrong about that of course.

26-Jul-14
redneck1988 may be gone....but his thread lives on for eternity!

• Sitka Gear