steve 21-Jul-14
Fulldraw1972 21-Jul-14
Arapahoe 21-Jul-14
Bou'bound 21-Jul-14
drycreek 21-Jul-14
Bou'bound 22-Jul-14
Bou'bound 25-Jul-14
20-Jul-14
at cableas it was right on at 11 yards in the circle first shot user error need three in the circle nice group all most robinhooded two

20-Jul-14
http://www.goldtip.com/arrowperformance.aspx?coid=14

20-Jul-14

Russell 's Link
My best success starts with an arrow without vanes or feathers (bareshaft).

Then a roll of brown paper from Lowes that cost about $4. Christmas present wrapping paper works good too. Don't use newspaper because the grain in the paper will give faults tear directions.

Here's a good site I've used

21-Jul-14
I don't paper tune.

I walk back /French tune.

I don't care about paper. Just tune my broadheads to fly like field points. I tune/shoot until my broadheads and field points shoot the same all the way out to 100 yards!

21-Jul-14
I am with Ermine

21-Jul-14
I do not paper tune either. I start off with walk back tuning. I then dive into broadhead tuning all the way to 70 yards. If my bow is in specs and after my broadhead tuning is done. I feel I am right were I need to be.

21-Jul-14
X2 with Ermine. I to get my field points grouping with my broadheads. I also watch which arrows are hitting right on target the most frequently. They become my Favorites.

21-Jul-14
kyle send a photo of you drawing your bow and we can give a better idea. form in very important.

21-Jul-14
Heh, heh

22-Jul-14
kyle send a photo of the tears you are getting and we can offer better support.

25-Jul-14
Kyle you still out there? Oh where oh where have you gone. Kind of like a candle on he wind. Four strange posts one morning and then up and poof like a fart in the breeze.

hope you original question (below) was addressed:

"at cableas it was right on at 11 yards in the circle first shot user error need three in the circle nice group all most robinhooded two"

26-Jul-14

Straight —» Arrow's Link
as many have stated paper tune is a start but an easy place to start.

I also find that so many people do not understand so called bareshaft tuning. Or technically the bareshaft planing test.

It is a test of arrow spine and nothing else. It is commonly used in tuning trad bows it really has little or no place in the compound tuning world especially if you use a release. In fact I have never done this test with any compound bow and not had fletched and unfletched shafts impact touching each other....so pretty much a waste of time with that result since there is nothing to tune.

Here is a good article about it.

http://www.acsbows.com/bareshaftplaning.html

• Sitka Gear