TD 11-Aug-14
Shiloh 11-Aug-14
elkhunter-ny 17-Aug-14
LongbowLes 17-Aug-14
danny.a 18-Aug-14
Big John 18-Aug-14
wildwilderness 19-Aug-14
21-Jul-14
Heard good things, anyone wearing 'em...?

21-Jul-14
Yes. Everyday.

21-Jul-14
Nick, which one for early season stuff?

21-Jul-14
They're good

21-Jul-14
I wear their Hiker 1/4 Sock all summer for general use. In the fall I like their Boot Sock Cushion for outdoors stuff whether working or hunting. Cold weather favorite is their Mountaineering Over-the-Calf Extra Cushion model...which I wore exclusively on my moose hunt last fall. They still look like new. I think DT socks are better-made than any sock I know of currently. Better warranty too....for life.

21-Jul-14
I wear them every day also. Same general lineup as Kevin. Best socks out there.

21-Jul-14
What's their name? I'll see if they want to be a Sponsor!

21-Jul-14

Stekewood's Link
See the link Charlie. Made in the USA too!

21-Jul-14
Great socks. I have a lot of their trail running socks. As said above-lifetime warranty-YOUR life not the sock's life. Just be sure you have both socks for the warranty.

21-Jul-14
YES. Love my Darn Tough socks. I wear a poly liner under them. Great combo

21-Jul-14
Between them and smart wool its all I wear now days. My feet love my decision to buy good socks that I made.

21-Jul-14
Charlie,

They are in Vermont....practically your backyard....

21-Jul-14
Im buying some!

21-Jul-14
Incredible sock. All I wear. No liners either which is rare for me.

21-Jul-14
I wore them on my sheep hunt last year. Great socks.

21-Jul-14
I used to wear Smartwool socks but after one week in the backcountry there stretched out and need to be retired to light duty use but with darn tough you can wash them and go in again. Only wool sock that good that ive found. The best part is they don't smell like a sewer.

21-Jul-14
My nephew is an Army Ranger and as a gift gave me these "socks" years ago. Never wore out and wore all over. Finally asked him what the heck they were after years and he said its all they use and called....Darn Tough :)

21-Jul-14
same here as nick ike,, everyday sock. early season im wearing the hiker model with either luko tape and or wool liner socks if im hiking.

21-Jul-14
also SIERRA MOUNTAIN OUTDOORS in sutter creek carries a ton of them and diff models.

21-Jul-14
Wow, good deal...Will check them out for sure! I was looking at them on the Sock Addict site, so will check out SMO big C, thanks...

21-Jul-14
Best socks I ever owned. I am slowly weeding out all my other wool socks and replacing them with dt. Totally worth the $.

21-Jul-14
Great Socks, they have changed my way of wearing hunting socks :)

21-Jul-14
I wear the same pair of Cabelas lifetime socks day after day and can't wear em out despite my oerserverance in trying to ware and them out and get a new pare.

21-Jul-14
Good product for sure. I just finished a product test for Smartwool and will be doing one for Darn Tough as well. Both are of top quality. Smartwool has more options but some are totally unnecessary. My opinion is apples to apples but both great socks

21-Jul-14
My experience with Smartwool has been that they are great socks while they last. They just don't last. Haven't had a pair of Darn Tough's wear out yet.

22-Jul-14
^x2 as stekewood.....

22-Jul-14
The verdict is still out for me. I really like them and they never slide down. Been wearing them for the past five weeks scouting for sheep and buy no means have they let me down. Cannot beat the warranty! Probably gonna get more. They cost a bit more and great deals on Socks Addictics! Maybe the manufacturer or the retailer will be a sponsor and sell some really ...really good socks! They have so far been better than any of the merino wool socks I have ever had. But I will need a little more time in them. Bob.

22-Jul-14
Smart wool and darn tough are very comparable... I have 3 pair of each going on their 6th season.... Mid weight hiker on the dt and PhDs on the smart wool ....

22-Jul-14
Hi I wear the coolmax micro crew there in Australia I love them, I also have the Hunt boot merino wool which I be using for hunting soon.

22-Jul-14
I've been wearing the same 6 pairs of socks to work since 2011 and have been using/abusing the same 5 pairs I bought for hiking/hunting since 2012.

22-Jul-14
Just to show I'm into equal opportunity and such things....

When I bought 3 pairs of Darn Tough Mountaineering socks, I also bought 3 pair of SmartWool Merino Liner socks to wear under them. Maybe that's my Freudian way of expressing that I'll take Darn Tough over Smart Wool every day. :^) These 2 socks do make a fine combo, and the SmartWool liners did a great job helping keep my feet in good shape last season.

22-Jul-14
Made in Northfield VT on the same road my wife grew up on. Ive owned the same 15 pairs for the last 4 years.

22-Jul-14
I bought all of mine on e-Bay ..... just typed in Darn Tough Socks in their Search ..... you can not beat these socks. Many styles and colors for everything one would need for work or play. Best thing to come out of Vermont (next to Maple Syrup...lol)

23-Jul-14
Smart wool socks don't have a warranty as far as u know. They also wear out fast. Burned thru all of mine and replace with DT's. Been wearing the same ones every day for three years and no wear out yet.

24-Jul-14
heheheh.... teed up even....

I've heard enough about them to give em a try. Might even be here by the end of the week. 3 pair to give em a try. The old cabelas coolmax or whatever they were are pretty thread bare. Did I ever mention I'm a cheapskate???

Just hope that GSP pack don't get hold of em like they have a few others.... I think the only thing they seem to hate worse is cats....

26-Jul-14
That's all I own. Threw away all of my cabelas outfitter series socks.

27-Jul-14
I have tried lots of socks, including SmartWool. Darn Tough are the best socks made in the world, no question about it! Expensive, but well worth the money.

27-Jul-14
Which model do you guys buy for work? I wear boots to work and need to cut down on the sweat, but I need some cushion at the same time.

27-Jul-14
Yes! the Cabelas branded ones are not as good as the Darn Tough! I have even bought the ones from Bass Pro that have a lifetime warranty. Those were the worst. I hope they get that fixed. Probably the best buy is the Merino Wool socks from Costco. Wear those at work but they shrink up like a dry dish rag. Darn Tough this year on six Sheep scouting trips and I really like them! Bob.

27-Jul-14
I look to you young bucks to keep me in all the cool gear. Bought a lot of socks in the "hungry years" and many have subsequently gone to good will:) Kinda like guys with back packs and coolers! We never saw one we didn't like!

Now what is the name of these "Darn Tough" socks?

I also wonder if they appreciate the 431 pairs Bowsite guys have bought in the last week?

27-Jul-14
Who would've thought that if you pay 25 or $30 for a pair of socks they would be great

29-Jul-14
Dozens out there at that price, don't know if they are "great" or not, I'd bet some of them are high end names that aren't even "good".

Mine were $16 or $17 a pair if I recall and free shipping (which few do to HI)

HT Charlie, I only got 3 pair. (never test the depth of a river with both feet, so to speak.)

Very comfortable and look great, but seeing how I only have one day in them can't really comment to durability. Very comfortable though.

Beat the living heck out of worn out socks.....

29-Jul-14
Well, they're enroute so we'll see...SocksAddict!

29-Jul-14
Never paid more than $12 a pair here (still expensive), but they work well, and last forever.

02-Aug-14
Wow, they're kind of nice so we'll see...Thanks for the heads-up!

02-Aug-14
bought some after seeing this thread. Just got in from my 4 mile walk with a 35 lb pack on. my feet were warm but DRY. Thats a first for me. I bought the coolmax boot socks with cushion.

02-Aug-14
Do they make an argyle pattern?

02-Aug-14
Brian, shot you a PM...

02-Aug-14
I love mine!!!

Aaron

03-Aug-14
for sure the best but dont get any cheat grass in em cuz if you pull on at thread at 90 degrees they start to unravel a bit. also they really dont get along with velcro so be careful in the dryer.

03-Aug-14
All I use

05-Aug-14
Bought a pair off ebay, used them this weekend and love them. Just purchased two more pairs and the cost with shipping is less than off the official website.

08-Aug-14
Where do you guys recommend ordering these socks from??

09-Aug-14

'Ike''s Link
SocksAddict.com is a good one...

09-Aug-14
Thanks Ike!

09-Aug-14
You can also get them at EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports). The store near me has a buy 3 pairs get the fourth free deal which brings the cost per pair lower than I've seen them anywhere else.

09-Aug-14
Can I order online from EMS?

09-Aug-14

Stekewood's Link
Yes you can and it looks like they offer the same deal online. See the link.

09-Aug-14
Thanks Steke!!

09-Aug-14
I got mine yesterday from socks addict. I bought the over the calf merino wool liner sock. best quality I have ever seen in a sock. not as cool (temperature) to wear as I hoped.

10-Aug-14

Bentshaft's Link
I bought three pairs on sale

11-Aug-14
Gosh Charlie.... likely sold enough here for you folks to get on the pro-staff! LOL!

11-Aug-14
Thanks Bent!! I ordered 4 pair for me and 4 pair for a buddy of mine. That seemed to be a great deal!!

17-Aug-14
I ordered 4 pair from the "sox addict." I'm waiting for them to arrive before I break in a new pair of Danners I just received.

17-Aug-14
I drank the kool aid and picked up a couple pairs at REI. Some rewards bucks took a bit of the sting out of them. They've been great so far.

18-Aug-14
I have a shitton of merino socks, just wore my first pair of darn tough and looks like I gotta buy some more

18-Aug-14
Got mine in the mail today, 5 pair of merino wool hunters, I'll test drive them in 3 weeks in Wyoming...

19-Aug-14

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
I did see 3 different Argyle colors on Amazon and SockAddict!

• Sitka Gear