Ermine 22-Jul-14
HDE 22-Jul-14
SBH 23-Jul-14
Packrat 23-Jul-14
HUNT MAN 23-Jul-14
HDE 24-Jul-14
Buglmin 24-Jul-14
22-Jul-14
I used these broadheads my very first year bowhunting but had problems with them coming loose in my quiver. I actually pulled one out to knock on a deer and the blades were gone. I did shoot a small buck that year and he died within sight on a less then perfect shot. My question is this: Has anyone else had problems with the blades coming loose or have they fixed that issue? Was it just me? I shoot slick tricks now but I still feel like the sharpest head I have ever seen were those wac ems. They also don't seem as "tough" as the slick tricks but man were they sharp. Anyone out there use them on elk? Thankyou.

22-Jul-14
I have been using the Wac'ems for 6 years and have never had one come loose, I have shot many deer with them and have boogered up some blades but if you go thru bone with any broadhead you are going to mess up the blades,I have never lost a blade in an animal even blowing thru a shoulder on a deer. They are what I will be using for elk this year.

22-Jul-14

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
I have killed two elk with the 100 grain Wac'ems. I had no issues with them.

This bull was a double lung (great penetration but not a complete pass through), and the other I hit shoulder blade on a cow, but got through the shoulder blade a little. She went down within 100 yds.

Best of Luck, Jeff

22-Jul-14
I prefer my cut on contact Stingers, but my son has killed both elk and deer w/ 100 grain Wac'ems. No issues w/ them coming apart.

22-Jul-14
I have used them on many elk with no issues. I have had a lot of pass throughs with them. the blades aren't the strongest, but that's why its a replaceable design. They also penetrate deeper than wider blades.

I like wac'ems because they are the best I have tested for flying exactly with my field points all the way out to my practice range of 80yds.

22-Jul-14
Wac ems are great! Fly well and sharp! One of the best flying broadheads to long range

22-Jul-14
Fly great and kill efficiently. Never had problems with blades falling out, but can understand how it might have happened. Sometimes they are a little tricky to keep all the blades in place when placing the brass ring up near the base and screwing the broadhead on. If a blade or blades were not fit into the channel all the way, they may fall out. Everything has its vice - everything. But the performance they deliver is hard to beat. You don't even need to worry about tuning them to your bow or aligning them in a certain way. Just put them on and go.

23-Jul-14
Right on guys. It must have been the way I put the blades in. I know they shoot great and are wicked sharp...I just got scared away after the blades fell out. I may go back to them. Thanks

23-Jul-14

Packrat's embedded Photo
Packrat's embedded Photo
I also endorse Wac'em broadheads. I Teflon tape the threads and that seems to keep the broadhead from loosening in the quiver or case. They are consistent and sharp. I think you can fix the blade issue.

23-Jul-14
I set my Dad up with wackems when they came out 2004?. A great head that flies like a dart. He killed 3 bulls with them and never had a problem.Best of luck. HUNT

24-Jul-14
Teflon tape on the threads - good idea! Never thought about it before.

24-Jul-14
I use the Wac'ems out of my recurves with great success, and have no issues with them at all. I get great penetration with them on elk. I shoot the 125 grain XL's.

• Sitka Gear