loprofile 06-Aug-14
elkmtngear 06-Aug-14
boothill 06-Aug-14
Tracker 06-Aug-14
MQ1 06-Aug-14
drycreek 06-Aug-14
Elkaddict 07-Aug-14
05-Aug-14
Anybody used thermicells to keep the flys off of your meat.

05-Aug-14
Yes. I used it on a bear that I harvested in the spring in Canada. Put meat in back of truck in game bags. Covered in minutes with flys. Turned on thermacell and placed it in bed of truck. 5 minutes later no flys.

05-Aug-14
Not me. Interesting idea tho.

05-Aug-14
I use my thermocell to keep meat cool during the day

05-Aug-14
I tried a Thermocell to deter flies in a wall tent. Didn't work worth a damn. As the temp dropped, the flies actually sat right on the Thermocell to stay warm.

05-Aug-14
Sarge, Sounds like your repellant pad may have needed to be replaced? I can't imagine them sitting on the unit while it was operating properly.

05-Aug-14
citric acid...

05-Aug-14
You could always try game bags?

05-Aug-14
Nope. The pad was brand new and I replaced it just to make sure. The unit repelled mosquitoes just fine ... but not the flies.

05-Aug-14
I've had the same results as Sarge had. Works awesome on mosquitoes, but flies? Nope. Or any other flying insects, for that matter. Just doesn't repel them.

05-Aug-14
The thermacell IS NOT designed to repel flies. It's for mosquitoes and does a fantastic job like nothing else available!

06-Aug-14
4 game bags $15 bucks, when your done put them in oxy clean and cold water. repeat until clean, Use again.

06-Aug-14
I lik the flize on the meet. Heps brake it donw.

06-Aug-14
lmao loprofile

06-Aug-14
Laid a thermocell on a hog I had shot last summer down in Oklahoma. In typical fashion the flies were all over the arrow hole and I had a couple hours till pick up time. It did a pretty good job of keeping all the flying insects off the carcass. Would it work for a elk or moose kill site, probably not.

06-Aug-14
Chili powder will keep the fly's away and won't contaminate the meat. Helps with the yellow jackets also. I never leave without it on a Western Hunt.

06-Aug-14
Black Pepper

Been useing it for years.

06-Aug-14
A thermacell will piss off all the wasps in your bow blind. Ask me how I know.

07-Aug-14
drycreek, how do you know? :)

• Sitka Gear