TD 06-Aug-14
jims 06-Aug-14
Quinn007 07-Aug-14
moosenelson 07-Aug-14
Bou'bound 07-Aug-14
Bigdan 07-Aug-14
Sage of the Sage2 07-Aug-14
05-Aug-14
I have been watching several of the Primos dvd's and noticed that most of the time they remove the quiver. I tried the Chuck Adams hip quiver many years ago, but I did not care for it. Always brushing it up against things. I prefer to keep my 4 arrow quiver mounted to my bow. So what do most of you do and what is the pros and cons of the bow mounted quiver.

05-Aug-14
Same as JTV

05-Aug-14
4 arrows on a bow quiver no matter where. I like being able to quickly get off a second shot if possible.

05-Aug-14

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Always on. I don't want anything to do with the potential to lose a piece of equpment. I actually like how it balances out the bow as well.

05-Aug-14
I use a hip quiver because I could never get my bow to shoot worth a damn with a quiver on it. I suspect it had something to do with vibrations/harmonics/etc.

05-Aug-14
Cat quiver tied-on my backpack. Able to carry eight arrows which two are judos.

05-Aug-14
always on the bow, even when practicing. If you saw Uncharted with Jim Shockey last night but that cost him a shot at a nice black bear trying to remove his quiver just before a shot, couldn't understand that one.

05-Aug-14
Once winter 3D's are over, the quiver goes on, including the number of arrows I carry hunting, minus one.

When the moment of truth arrives, I want the weight/feel/balance to be exactly the same as every other shot I've taken while preparing for that moment of truth.

05-Aug-14
Tightspot Quiver. I take it off sometimes in a tree but it shoots the same when on the bow. Good Luck.

05-Aug-14
I used an alpine Alpine Soft-Loc for years mounted on a leather hip quiver adapter and it worked very well. But I usually would take it off in a calling setup. Last year I moved over a few yards to get a shot at an approaching bull and all of a sudden I didn't have additional arrows. And two seasons ago, same quiver hunting deer from tree stand, I missed first shot and couldn't get anther arrow from quiver hanging on the side of the tree without a lot of movement. Bought a bow quiver and liked it, and after the above mentioned elk hunt the following year I started hunting and shooting all the time with a bow quiver and don't like shooting without it now!

05-Aug-14
I use a tight spot as well. In a stand I always take it off. If I am spot n stalking it depends if I have time to take it off or not. It can go either way there.

05-Aug-14
I use a tighstpot and it's on my bow 100% of the time

05-Aug-14
Get a quality 2 piece quiver, mount it on your bow and forget about it! I've always been happy with Hoyt 2 piece quivers. Thought about the Tightspot but preferred the Hoyt 2 piece. I can't imagine taking my quiver off every time I got set up on an elk because you invariably will have to move, then where is your extra arrow when you miss or make a less than perfect shot?? Easy decision for me.

05-Aug-14
Once summer starts my tightspot goes on and never comes off until deer season is over anyway. At least the last few years.

I used a hip quiver for 15 years and made the move back to a bow quiver last year. My bow actually holds better with the quiver on.

I do notice that if it is windy at long range I get more movement, but that is the only drawback I see at this point.

I do like hip quivers, but have yet to see one that is ideal for me, even the one I used for so long.

05-Aug-14
2 piece quiver on all the time year round!

05-Aug-14
" If you saw Uncharted with Jim Shockey last night but that cost him a shot at a nice black bear trying to remove his quiver just before a shot, couldn't understand that one."

Can't understand it??? Why? He is not a top tier bowhunter. If their were a rating system he wouldn't touch the top 10000... Cody Robbins might, but not Shockey.

On all the time for me....TIP: load arrows in the quiver where the nock will automatically line up with the string when removing it from the quiver...shaves off a tenth or two by doing this...might make the difference.

05-Aug-14
TightSpot...always on!

05-Aug-14
Always on with 4 arrows in the 5 slots..........and that includes 3D season.

05-Aug-14
I tried with it off for weight and liked it but couldn't come up with a good way to carry arrows for spot n stalk so it went back on and thats were it stayed.

05-Aug-14
Same as wyobullsheeter here, always on !

05-Aug-14
Always on. Its needed for spot and stalk and most of my hunting is done that way. K.I.S.S.

05-Aug-14
I use a TightSpot and it always stays on.

05-Aug-14
Same as Ermine. 5 arrow quiver & sighted in with 4 in the quiver.

05-Aug-14
Quiver on - as absent minded as I am, I'd forget it and not be able to find it again!

05-Aug-14
ditto-tight spot-on

05-Aug-14
I keep mine on the bow I prefer a little extra weight

05-Aug-14
I much prefer her with her quiver on!!! :0)

05-Aug-14
2-piece, 4-arrow on the bow at all times, where I have control of the bow and arrows. Like most, I practice with one less in the quiver.

05-Aug-14
On all the time. Primo's boys are in rented ground.

They have time to take pants off if they want to and the guide will pick em up and press em before they get back.

06-Aug-14
On almost always. If I sit in a tighter spot for whatever reason I might remove it. For me having a quiver on the bow all the time was a new experience after using traditional for so long. I used the Bear hip quiver given to me with the bow and never bought one for the bow. Didn't realize what I was missing out on even though I say guys with them on their bows. I always thought they looked funny on a recurve.

I have noticed if I do use a tree stand their is a bow hanger in one that catches the arrows when I try to remove the bow from it. When in that stand I remove the quiver. The bow hanger clamps onto the shooting rail of a 2 man stand and the design of it kinda sucks IMO. If I could flip the hanger part around it would be fine. I think the manufacture made it AZZ backward.

06-Aug-14
I went to a hop quiver mid-season last year as my bud Lou uses one all the time in multiple states/species.

It wasn't for me as I do ton's of bush wack hunting (elk/mule deer) but I did like NOT having a quiver on my bow come shooting time when the action was fast.

During my off season I modified my quiver for my bow to a 1 arrow quiver.....first shot arrow type deal.

I modified my hip quiver to be on my backpack and I right hand side grab a 2nd arrow----if the chance ever presents itself.

So far this year hiking ect. with my backpack on and arrows in the quiver, it has worked great!

I just practice with 1 arrow in the bow quiver all the time and I don't even notice it is there....

Good luck, Robb

06-Aug-14
Use a tightspot, leave it on, scrap the stabilizer!

06-Aug-14

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Mathews arrow web on all the time.

I killed my third biggest bull and my biggest whitetail with my second shot after my first shot missed and I was able to quickly grab and nock a second arrow.

How many times do you get set up for a shot at an elk and then you have to move before you finally get the shot? I don't want to have to worry about picking my quiver up off the ground during the moment of truth and I don't have a camera man to throw them to me like the Primos boys.

BTW, a piece of peep sight tube works well for holding your arrows in the quiver while packing or hiking.

06-Aug-14
Two piece, 5 arrow, always on. Can't even imagine any other way.

Well, maybe Africa I'd have the traditional arrow bearer......

06-Aug-14
It seems like the "rage" lately is tightspot. I used to hate having a quiver on my bow because it was so cumbersome, heavy, and difficult getting through thick brush. I usually don't tend to go with the statis-quo rage. After looking at tightspot reviews and disliking carrying loose arrows I decided to give it a try. The nice thing about the tightspot is most of the time I don't even notice that I have a quiver on my bow. My bow may actually be balanced a little better with it on. I haven't found 1 thing I don't like about it...in fact...do yourself a favor and get 1!

07-Aug-14
Same as Mike, the two piece on my Mathews. I like how close it fits to the bow for busting through brush, and don't have any balance issues w/ it when shooting.

07-Aug-14
Good idea cheesehead. I'm gonna grab me some extra today. Bushwhacking has cost me a few arrows.

07-Aug-14
When I am hunting from a tree stand my two piece quiver is always on and I take the arrows out of it. That is how I practice with the arrows out of it. When Spot and stocking arrows in and quiver on obviously. I shoot a very light four arrow quiver

07-Aug-14
5 arrows in the quiver at all times never take it off the bow.

07-Aug-14
I have a Quick release quiver, but I always leave it on. My bow is actually a little quieter with it on.

• Sitka Gear