500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Bigdan's Blast call
Moultrie Mobile
Bigdan's Blast call
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Bigdan 08-Aug-14
Smtn10PT 08-Aug-14
Bigdan 08-Aug-14
TREESTANDWOLF 08-Aug-14
Bigdan 08-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 08-Aug-14
Eric B. 08-Aug-14
Elkaddict 08-Aug-14
Bigdan 08-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 08-Aug-14
WapitiBob 08-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 08-Aug-14
808bowhunter 08-Aug-14
Bigdan 08-Aug-14
Bullhound 08-Aug-14
Z Barebow 08-Aug-14
earlyriser 08-Aug-14
Bigdan 08-Aug-14
midwest 08-Aug-14
Wyo_elk 08-Aug-14
Wyo_elk 08-Aug-14
TD 08-Aug-14
WapitiBob 08-Aug-14
Jaquomo 09-Aug-14
LUNG$HOT 09-Aug-14
otcWill 09-Aug-14
Beendare 09-Aug-14
LINK 09-Aug-14
Florida Mike 09-Aug-14
TD 09-Aug-14
Bigdan 09-Aug-14
Willieboat 09-Aug-14
Arapahoe 09-Aug-14
Wyo_elk 09-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 09-Aug-14
Charlie Rehor 09-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 09-Aug-14
Bigdan 09-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 09-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 09-Aug-14
BullSac 09-Aug-14
Bigdan 09-Aug-14
Bigdan 09-Aug-14
LINK 09-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 10-Aug-14
Bigdan 10-Aug-14
'Ike' 10-Aug-14
Bigdan 10-Aug-14
Russell 10-Aug-14
08-Aug-14
If you want to hear what my blast sounds like. Go to The Secret to Getting a Big Bull Close. The last two calls the bull make. He does the blast before he goes into his bugle. Its a were are you call.

08-Aug-14
Is that something you use instead of a challenge bugle, or is it in addition to it? Say a bull is sounding off and you get in close and challenge, he answers but doesn't come in, would you use this call to try and make him look for you?

08-Aug-14
Sometimes a bull will not answer a bugle but will start to bugle after I used the blast. He will answer you with a blast back at you. When I have a bull coming in I will hit him with a blast and not just a bugle its just another sound I use. When I did Pats interview it did not come through on the tape. Many times when I'm working a ridge a I will bugle two or three times and before I move on I will use the blast.

08-Aug-14
Dan, where can I find this? - R

08-Aug-14
Its on the elk thread The Secret to Getting a Big Bull Close. I use it if a bull hangs up lots of times to.

08-Aug-14
What blow hole do you press the call to to produce the "blast"

08-Aug-14
Tbm !!! Dang burritos

08-Aug-14
AGreed with Scoot.

08-Aug-14
Elknut is in his own world. he can called it anything he wants. It was the first time I have heard a bull do that on tape. And had many guys ask about that sound it didn't come out on the interview. When I saw that I thought I would pass it on. TBM you hold your cheeks tight bend over and let it rip. But you had better have extra underwear with you sometimes the brown log sneaks out

08-Aug-14
When I try to imitate it, it sounds more like a short spike bugle.

Are you using any vocals when you do it or just blowing?

08-Aug-14
You pretty much need a reed to make the correct sound. An external latex call will have a hard time starting at the high end and have enough volume at the beginning to get the sound right.

08-Aug-14
External latex call? What do you mean by that?

Both my bugles use a latex diaphragm.

08-Aug-14
Last season, My partner and I had a setup going and the whole herd came in to us. There were 2 small bulls and one herd bull. We could see them pacing below us but wouldnt come in. They all started making this sound, seemed like they were getting nervous and wanting us to show ourselves. We were 50 yards to them and they couldn't see us. We have it all on video and can hear the sounds good. Not sure how to upload video on here though

08-Aug-14
I use a mouth reed and my voice to make the sound.

08-Aug-14
I make the sound by "pulling in air" real hard and fast while trying to vocalize "eeuu!! I have found that it is about as close as can be to a bark or nervous grunt.

Just my opinion but, one thing I found is that if you have any elk bark at you, barking back at them seems to settle them, just so long as they have not got your wind in any way.

08-Aug-14
Thanks for sharing BigDan! It will be added in my arsenal!

08-Aug-14
Can someone post a link to this sound?

08-Aug-14
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5id5JAOCU

08-Aug-14
...at the 2:27 mark.

08-Aug-14
Bigdan,

Serious question. You have certainly killed a pile of elk. More than most. Is there a reason have you killed so few really big bulls (over 350?) It seems like you have had more than your fair share of great tags and hunted top end trophy areas - SW desert- AZ- Mt Breaks-Bighorns in Wyo-Nevada, ect.

Do you basically shoot the first good bull you see or have you just not had that many opportunities at the big ones.

08-Aug-14

Error Occurred While Processing Request The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Could not find the included template ThreadOwnerRemovedReplacetText.cfm.

Note: If you wish to use an absolute template path (for example, template="/mypath/index.cfm") with CFINCLUDE, you must create a mapping for the path using the ColdFusion Administrator. Or, you can use per-application settings to specify mappings specific to this application by specifying a mappings struct to THIS.mappings in Application.cfc.
Using relative paths (for example, template="index.cfm" or template="../index.cfm") does not require the creation of any special mappings. It is therefore recommended that you use relative paths with CFINCLUDE whenever possible.

The error occurred in D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm: line 1058
Called from D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm: line 476
Called from D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm: line 1
1056 : <h3>Blocked By Thread Owner</h3>
1057 : <P>#ParagraphFormat(Body)#</P>
1058 : <cfelseif (ThreadOwnerRemove)eq 1><cfinclude template="ThreadOwnerRemovedReplacetText.cfm">
1059 : 
1060 : <cfelse>

Resources:

Browser   claudebot
Remote Address   172.70.174.11
Referrer   http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?forum=5&threadid=433827&MESSAGES=53&FF=5
Date/Time   29-Mar-24 01:46 AM
Stack Trace
at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor13(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1058) at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor14(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:476) at cfthread2ecfm1423711020.runPage(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1)

coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag$NoSuchIncludeTemplateException: Could not find the included template ThreadOwnerRemovedReplacetText.cfm.
	at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.setTemplate(IncludeTag.java:349)
	at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor13(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1058)
	at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor14(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:476)
	at cfthread2ecfm1423711020.runPage(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1)
	at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:231)
	at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:416)
	at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
	at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:363)
	at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
	at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
	at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:87)
	at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
	at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
	at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
	at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
	at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
	at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
	at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:53)
	at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)
	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
	at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
	at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
	at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
	at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
	at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
	at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
	at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)