Don K 10-Aug-14
LXshooter 10-Aug-14
brunse 10-Aug-14
bburen 19-Aug-14
Vids 19-Aug-14
bburen 19-Aug-14
ELKDIY 19-Aug-14
09-Aug-14
When you buy an OTC Archery license online in Colorado, can you print it out immediately or is it mailed to you. Years before (10 yrs ago) I just waited until I got to Colorado to buy my license. Somewhat worried about spending the money early for the license and then something happening that would prevent me from going.

09-Aug-14
Just pick it up when you get there if your worried about something happening.

09-Aug-14
Can you buy OTC tag after season has started and hunt same day?

Some states have waiting period?

Thanks

09-Aug-14
If you buy online you need to wait for it to come in the mail. About one week to ten days to the east coast.

09-Aug-14
Just bought mine 8/5 and for an extra $20 bucks they Fedexed it. Got it a day later. I am leaving for Utah 8/14 so I didn't want to have it arrive after I left. Colorado has hired a good service to handle their online purchases. Good luck! C

09-Aug-14
Yes Huntcell.

You can just pop into one of several thousand places in CO and buy it and they'll hand it to you right then and there.

It's like buying socks.

Bring your hunter ed card if you haven't bought a license in CO before.

09-Aug-14
Archery elk, yes as Iidyllwild stated you can buy and hunt that day during season. Rifle OTC elk you need to go to a CPW office if the season is already on.

09-Aug-14
As for CO hiring a good service to handle licenses, I will say it usually goes smooth. They crashed during the release of the left over draw tags this week and a lot of guys missed out on tags they were hoping to buy.

09-Aug-14
Thanks I will wait then until I fill the deer and bear tags I already got in my pocket already if that happens early enough and I see and hear enough evidence of elk I may go get a tag to fill the time between hopefully early Sept. successful deer hunt and start of mt goat hunt latter in the month. Nice to know all the options! dream a lot kill a lot

10-Aug-14
You have a CO deer tag in an OTC elk zone?

That's gonna be the worst $600 you didn't spend if you see a huge elk with no tag in your pocket...

10-Aug-14
In Colorado, when you buy an OTC elk tag do you have to designate what unit you'll be hunting, or is it good for any and all OTC units?

10-Aug-14

Don K's Link
If you buy a OTC tag it is good for the OTC units.

The Colorado website is a great source of information for what your asking. (It is linked)

10-Aug-14
Don K.... If you can hunt any OTC unit with the OTC tag, how does the DOW arrive at their unit hunt statistics as far as how many hunters hunt a particular unit?

10-Aug-14
There is a service that calls a number (unknown) and asks them about there hunt unit, quality, etc. I have been called about every third Or fourth year.

19-Aug-14
I just got my tag in the mail and I don't see the habitat stamp. Is it printed on the tag somewhere or is it a seperate stamp? The tag shows I paid for one and when I log in it says I purchased a stamp.

Bruce

19-Aug-14
There should be a "H" to the right of your name, near the top.

19-Aug-14
Thanks VIDS i see the H.

thanks again

Bruce

19-Aug-14

ELKDIY's embedded Photo
ELKDIY's embedded Photo
Yup, look for the "H"

That $600 ring hurts only until I get out there then it is worth the price!

• Sitka Gear