BULELK1 12-Aug-14
glidingindian 12-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 12-Aug-14
Deacon Dave 14-Aug-14
Deacon Dave 14-Aug-14
09-Aug-14

Deacon Dave's embedded Photo
My Arizona archery elk that I took in 2013 now has a new home in Alabama.

09-Aug-14
Nice...Lord willing I'm going to bury one in my deep freeze this year

09-Aug-14
When is it going on the wall it will look better than the floor. Nice bull

09-Aug-14

If someone can rotate the first picture, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll try another.

09-Aug-14
Deacon Dave and others: Right below left of your photo it says "Image Tools" click that, then you can rotate your picture to the correct spot!

That Elk is perfection! Congrats on achieving the dream! C

If you don't mind what was the Gross and Net? Can't be much difference!

09-Aug-14
Nice bull, it's good to see there's at least 2 real bow hunters in Alabama, you and GhostBird. ; )

09-Aug-14
*?;???~¥¡$&!/"-')

09-Aug-14
Charlie, thanks for the help, but I tried to rotate 270 degrees and nothing would happen.

The official scores for P&Y are 355 3/8 gross and 352 2/8 net. It was long time dream with a lot of time and effort. I have probably fumbled the ball more times that Pat on big bulls.

Link, I get your drift but there are many great bow hunters in Alabama.

09-Aug-14
Deacon Dave I'm sure there are many great hunters in Alabama I just don't pass on a chance to throw a good jab at TBM. I sure am jealous of that elk maybe ill get one similar soon.

10-Aug-14
That's a mighty fine elk Dave. Congrats again.

10-Aug-14
Nice looking elk, Dave!! You realize that everytime you look at him on the wall, the details of the hunt are going to come flooding back....it'll be one of your better investments, IMO....and you'll never grow tired of looking at him.....

10-Aug-14
Looking good Dave... beautiful bull!

Congratulations!

10-Aug-14

Papabare's embedded Photo
Papabare's embedded Photo
Congrats on an awesome bull. I agree with you on Alabama bow hunters. I live in Pensacola FL and have hunted Alabama more than any other state.

If you can kill a mature whitetail in Alabama with a bow, you can kill one anywhere.

I'm headed to Colorado this Sept., hope I even see a bull as good as yours.

Here's one I killed in 2012.

10-Aug-14
Glad you had a successful hunt in Arizona. Looks like a nice souvenier from your hunt to remember it!

10-Aug-14
3 1/8's in deduct! My, my! Perfection in symmetry!

BTW to fix your pic I rotated 90 degrees once and then be patient! The "image tools" Pat added works perfectly!

10-Aug-14
Congrats on a fine bull. We are down here in your neck of the woods dropping off our daughter for college here in Monroe Louisiana. We live in Colorado and even though I went to Graduate Scool at Troy, I'm sitting here thinking about the immense humidity difference from where you got your elk to your home.

10-Aug-14
Great bull!

10-Aug-14
I appreciate all the kind words.

TBM, I wish you the best in your first elk hunt. Maybe it will come together for you, that is, opportunity and execution. Also wishing you a bucket full of beginners luck!

Papabare, Congratulations on your bull. Not only a great bull but a great mount as well.

Charlie, I was probably punching my trigger on the rotation, not giving time for the picture to rotate.

I thought the symmetry on my bull was almost too perfect. The deducts range from 1/8 to 5/8. The difference in the main beans were only 2/8 of an inch. One beam is 54 1/8 and the other 53 7/8. I'll take him as a gift from the Creator.

10-Aug-14
Thanks DD, but I try not to rely on whatever it is folks call luck. I try to have skill, preparation, and opportunitie. We ought to try and get together and shoot a propeller head. My ground is south of 80so we go to feb 15 this year.

11-Aug-14
DD, Was your bull taken in Unit one with Dwayne Adams? If so, we invited your brother from FL over to our camp a few times to visit and dine with us since he was going it solo.

Nice trophy!

12-Aug-14
Looks great DD.

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

12-Aug-14

glidingindian's embedded Photo
glidingindian's embedded Photo
DD- congrats on a fantastic ,remarkably beautiful bull. Made sweeter by all the time, effort and failures. Forgive me, But since we south Alabama boys seem to sometimes take a beating on this site wanted to throw my 2012 NM bull in as well. Having screwed up so many times on big bulls they should call me the FumbleBowmaster this was a surprise. He committed suicide by letting me call him in and miss him, then kill him on second shot

12-Aug-14
All them Yankees and westerners don't know we had elk in Alabama and we killed em into extinction in short order...we still got turkeys and deer and canecutter rabbits... but no elk!! What does that tell ya. Swap the residents of Colorado with Alabama residents than they wouldn't have elk in a few years either.

14-Aug-14
TBM, I wasn't suggesting that you depend on luck, but embrace it. Hunting as long as I have you come to realize that sometimes it pays to be lucky rather than good.

Rich, That would be my brother you guys took care of. Thanks!

Al, That is a great bull. Congratulations!

14-Aug-14
Robb, I expect your 2014 bull to be bigger. Best of luck! Kill a giant!

• Sitka Gear