earlyriser 29-Oct-14
idacurt 29-Oct-14
danny.a 29-Oct-14
Cheesehead Mike 29-Oct-14
Swivelhead 31-Oct-14
12-Aug-14

live4thehunt's embedded Photo
live4thehunt's embedded Photo
On my last scouting trip I came across this incredible set of sheds. I found the left "smaller" side right near one of my favorite wallows. I searched for about an hour to try and find the other half but had no luck.

I decided to move my treestand I had over this wallow a little higher up the hill to have a better look at what might be coming over the ridge during the hunt. As I was finishing setting the stand and ranging different objects I noticed a tip of an antler sticking up about 80 yards away behind a fallen tree.

I quickly climbed down to investigate and to my shock and excitement found the right side. At the time I had NO idea they were a matching set but after carrying this find back to my treestand and with further investigation I could clearly see this was from the same magnificent animal!

Needless to say I set up a couple more cameras in that area to hopefully get a few pictures of this incredible bull. I'll be checking them here shortly and hope to share some great pics.

Any else find any great sheds this year?

12-Aug-14
WOW...

12-Aug-14
Very nice! I hope you get to put an arrow through him as well!

12-Aug-14
holy moly!

12-Aug-14
Gadzooks! How about putting a tape on them and give them about a 46" inside spread.

12-Aug-14

Destroyer350's embedded Photo
Destroyer350's embedded Photo
Great find!! I found these this summer. I can't believe they walk around with those on their head - they are heavy!!

12-Aug-14
SON OF A GUN!!! Congrats on a great find and I hope you get him this season.

12-Aug-14
How do you know they're from the same elk?

12-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher X2.

Did you have previous trailcam photos or something?

12-Aug-14
Maybe you have two big bulls in the area! Wouldn't that suck!? LOL

12-Aug-14
A bit hard to tell from the photo, but they sure don't look like they're from the same bull.

12-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher and Ziek

Not sure if you're referring to the sheds I found or the ones Destroyer350 found, I know these are from the same bull from the base of the sheds, and it's a little hard to see in the pic but the character on the 1's and 2's are identical. Plus, I guess it helps that I saw this bull last year at 20 yards but didn't have a "bull" tag for the unit. If you're familiar with Utah the majority of units are Limited entry units, I was just chasing a spike/cow and some big bucks. I've got a great hunting partner who drew this area this year so we're hoping to get him on it!

12-Aug-14
Magnificant. Is it going to be the booner or tag soup?

12-Aug-14
Wowza

12-Aug-14
Awesome!!!

12-Aug-14
Wow X2............

12-Aug-14
Nice find. The bases are the best way to match up elk sheds as they will be the same size and shape 99% of the time.

12-Aug-14
Good thing he lived another year, his thirds were weak. ;)

12-Aug-14
Well, if you saw him, I guess you'd know. The reason I asked is because the left one looks like it's from a 290-300 inch elk and the right one looks like it's from a 360-380 inch elk, so I figured it might be two different animals.

12-Aug-14

SdDiamondArcher's embedded Photo
I found this set two springs ago. Roughly mid 360's. This past spring my buddy glassed up this years set. Still mid 360's.

12-Aug-14

12-Aug-14
Ya need a mid-November thick winter Bull cape to mount those huge sheds with??

Talk to me---

Good luck, Robb

29-Oct-14
Live4thehunt Did you run into this brute this year?

29-Oct-14
All of those sheds are huge. I agree, hard to believe they can walk around with that much weight on their heads! We would be pinned to the ground.

29-Oct-14
What really amazes me is that in addition to the size they grow those antlers in just a few months.

29-Oct-14

danny.a's embedded Photo
danny.a's embedded Photo
wiminuche wilderness Co

29-Oct-14

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Here's one my buddy found in NM in '99. It scores about 190". My buddy is 6' tall and I think the beam is 60" long, the 3rd is 27" long and the base has 11" circumference. I think at the time if the other side matched and a 48" spread it would have been a typical world record.

31-Oct-14
Sam Stacy had a NM unit 15 shed in his fence collection that measured 197. That was about 1989. Sorry, could not find the picture. NM does have some monster bulls.

• Sitka Gear