LINK 17-Aug-14
GhostBird 17-Aug-14
Mule Power 17-Aug-14
BTM 18-Aug-14
LINK 18-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 19-Aug-14
LINK 19-Aug-14
13-Aug-14
Excersize routine consist of cardio plus isometrics. I make around 20 tenth mile laps and average 2 different excersizes per lap. Goes like this...lap..box jumps and lunges...lap...burpees...lap...bear crawl 40 feet and crab walk 20 feet..lap...dips and push ups...lap..hand over hand on a suspended beam for 20 feet...lap...down and back up 2 flights stairs...lap...etc... It will get you wet under the saddle at 105 degrees.

13-Aug-14
Clench a Hoochie Mama between your cheeks while doing that routine and you'll be all set, TBM.

My workout tonight consisted of hiking 4 miles with a 46 lb pack and picking a bag full of excellent King Bolete mushrooms.

13-Aug-14
Rising up! Back on the street Did my time, took my chances Went the distance now I'm back on my feet Just a man and his will to survive!

So many times, it happens too fast. You trade your passion for glory Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past You must fight, just to keep them aliiiiiiiiive

It's the, eye of the tiger It's the thrill of the fight Rising up, to the challenge of our rival And the, last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watching us all with the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeye of the tiger!

(For Lou picking those Boletes)

13-Aug-14
I went to Dairy Queen.

13-Aug-14
that is next level exercising to be sure. you'll be fine in the mountains.

sorry about the difficulty sleeping thos insomnia can be a very frustating malady.

13-Aug-14
So TBM... when and where are you hunting? Solo or with a future X partner? lol

13-Aug-14
"I went to Dairy Queen.", damn WapitiBob, I want to go!

13-Aug-14
I doubt you'll even go elk hunting. Don't you have anything better to do than start another meaningless thread on here?

13-Aug-14
Lou I ran 3 miles and then picked a bucket full of wild raspberries the size of your thumb.

13-Aug-14
Good for you TBM. Can't be in too good of shape for elk hunting. Being fit will help while you get used to the altitude.

13-Aug-14
C'mon TBM, don't be pulling our leg, yesterday's high in southern Sumter was only about 91. How fast do you run those laps?

13-Aug-14

13-Aug-14
Just walking the laps mixed with the isometrics is enough. Yep 91 in bama. It's been a great cool summer, but when you are in a room filled with 300 tons of rotating equipment, a dryer can, and 2 jet engine looking burners things heat up and stay hot. My confidence in being in shape is going up but when I got home last night and put on the 60 pound heavy bag it went down. A couple miles with that thing is tough...even on level ground. My range for spike camp will probably be less than 3 miles. I am going by myself and will probably bivy hunt.

13-Aug-14
gonehuntin, as long as he doesn't post pics of "under the saddle" I'm cool with it!!

Didn't Lou post some pics of "under his saddle"!!!

13-Aug-14
"Just walking the laps mixed with the isometrics is enough. "

I would try running a little bit. I can't imagine the isometrics doing a lot for your lung capacity. I'm sure they are beneficial for your overall strength and fitness but I think lung capacity will be the first thing to slow you down.

13-Aug-14
2 miles walking on a track really isn't getting your legs in shape for an elk hunt.

13-Aug-14
This is akin to Rocky training in Russia on IV...

13-Aug-14
Idyllwild I love it but maybe replace "tiger" with "turkey"

13-Aug-14
"Clench a Hoochie Mama between your cheeks while doing that routine and you'll be all set, TBM."

Down in 'Bama that's called the "Fart-Wheeze"

13-Aug-14
CPA: I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing...which cheeks was Jaq talking about LOL

13-Aug-14
Hmmmm 5 bucks says the trip falls through got some reason lol

13-Aug-14
wilhille, I will see your five and raise you ten.... TBM will kill a elk this fall. Natural born killers are not animal specific, he will get it done.

13-Aug-14
Sureshot ill see your ten and go all in. My money says TBM never leaves the land of milk and honey where game is abundant and abundantly easy to kill.

13-Aug-14
Gee I was thinking he got one tied to a tree already thanks to some family relative and we gonna see the ultimate HDYLMN post as he stands behind the giant rack of a 300" bull. (Ham shot of course). Will be one of the greatest live hunts ever posted on bowsite! The year won't be complete on bowsite - without it! Good luck Steve!

13-Aug-14
Jack - What in the heck is HDYLMN

13-Aug-14
How Do You Like Me Now. Toby Keith own they trademark but TBM likes to claim it for himself.

13-Aug-14
Actually TBM changed it up to " how do you like me know". Much more original. Sorry I should have wrote HDYLMK

13-Aug-14
No...you guys have it wrong.....HDYLMK. In Alabama, now is spelled with a k. Now, doesn't exist.

13-Aug-14
If one bugles he's dead...that's all there is too it!

13-Aug-14
"If one bugles he's dead...that's all there is too it!"

Atta boy TBM! That's all the training yoo need!

13-Aug-14
"If one bugles he's dead...that's all there is too it!"

Sounds easy enough!

13-Aug-14
Spoken like a true greenhorn.

If one bugles you might be dead after he leads you to the gates of hell just before dark then goes silent and vanishes into thin air.

13-Aug-14
HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMBBBLLLLAAAAAAAAAASSSSSTTTEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!

13-Aug-14
I usually stay out these, but in response to the bugle comment, I'll just say,

That if you get one bugling at you within 200 yards, you'll be hooked. Bugle whoops a gobble any day

Bake

13-Aug-14
I hope when he gets back home with his elk he doesn't cave into the pressure and share his next level tactics of hunting smarter, not harder.:-)

13-Aug-14
"Sureshot ill see your ten and go all in. My money says TBM never leaves the land of milk and honey where game is abundant and abundantly easy to kill."

I'll bet there's a line in Vegas already.

13-Aug-14
Gonna be a meal of crow served up to somebody this fall. Don't know who, but things have been said, and you can't take 'em back ! The internet has a photographic memory. Ain't this fun !

13-Aug-14
I ain't no eyesights 20/20 talker...I'll say it ahead of time...killing an elk aunt going to be nothing for me. I'm going to take my Alabama eastern wild turkey tactics out there and use it on elk...it's close to the same but what I been doing for 30+ years is tougher. Hose primos boys kill elk at will but can't get it done on turkeys here with a bow at a tenth if the pace I keep...they can't even believe what I do is possible with a bow. This year is compound next I plan to switch to recurve. Recurve and elk and me are made for one another. Don't forget, I operate at 500% in a zone that is .006% success. Hunting elk in a zone where there is 12% success is going to be easy pickings for me. Gaurnteed.

13-Aug-14
Right.

13-Aug-14
If your eyesight is 20/20 how is your hindsight?

13-Aug-14
If turkey hunting in AL is tougher than elk hunting, why the need to get into shape and sand paper your feet? Shouldn't you already be elk tough?

13-Aug-14
Them Primos boys also hunt a ranch that no one else can. And pay big money to do it.

13-Aug-14
Dont forget your camera TBM!! No excuses for not posting a pic of that big 300+ bull your going to put down! I think he's gonna get it done! He may even use a turkey call to do it!! Some next level $h%t!!

13-Aug-14
Well TBM, I hate to see you be unsuccessful so I'm going to share an Elk hunting trick I learned from an old Indian. First you get yourself a heavy duty garbage bag, with no holes in it. Take all of your Elk hunting clothes, underwear, socks, hat face mask everything and throw them in the bag. Now take a big bottle of Elk piss and pour the whole thing into the bag. Shake it up good, tie the top off and leave it in the hot sun for a week. After that, they should be ready to wear, you'll be able to walk amongst the elk herd and they won't pay any attention to you. It stinks at first but you get ued to it quickly, you won't even notice it after a while. You can even carry a spray bottle with you and spritz yourself periodically to freshen up. This is the definition of next level.

13-Aug-14
You do realize that once you step foot at altitude, most of this training will not be relevant, right? Doesn't matter how much training you do at sea level. I live at 6000 feet, and hike a few months of the year at 8000-9000 feet and they still whoop my ass.

13-Aug-14
I'm using an altitude mask and it us set to 9000 feet. I will move it up to 12000 in another week.

13-Aug-14
I'm more excited about TBM's hunt than about my own upcoming 30 day hunt in a brand new area.

13-Aug-14
Tbm, I'd be a little less cocky if I were you. Elk can smell a lot better than turkeys. The nature of the wind in elk country does not make life easy for this wannabe elk killer.

I've seen turkeys run into a woven wire fence 7 or 8 times in a row before they figured out they couldn't get through it. They aren't all that bright.

Where and when you going? I think primos is on the cielo vista ranch in Colorado. I think its down in the Sangre de Cristos. A knock on the door and an eight pack of RC cola should get you in.

I hope you get one. Things will get interesting.

13-Aug-14
Elksersizes..... I like it. Next time my wife asks me what I'm doing after work, I'll be able to tell her I'm stopping by the gym and "elksersizing".

13-Aug-14
Altitude mask? Just breath through a straw while you are elksersizing.

13-Aug-14
In all seriousness I don't really care to hunt a great ranch and make it so easy that it is not rewarding. Not that I wouldn't like to go where they grow big, but I wouldn't want them to be so thick that it becomes so easy even the tv guys can do it.

13-Aug-14
I see an awakening on the horizon!

13-Aug-14
Experience, not an altitude mask, is the best teecher. That's why there are very very few furst timers in that 12%.

For a minute there, probly after you shot that deer with earplugs in, I thought ewe were wise enuff not to speak so boldly about sumthin you know nuthin' about. Minis 10 points TBM. lol

I just hope ya'll give us a good honist report when ewe git back.

Just enjoy the mountains TBM and your learning experience. Then go from there. Good luck man.

13-Aug-14
OK. So where are you going? Kinda getting down to the wire.

14-Aug-14
Might also try drinking some of that Elk piss. Now that is EXTREME preparation. GOOD LUCK!!!

14-Aug-14
TBM: Do yourself a favor and pm Mule Power with your bivy items. We don't need you wondering off a cliff. In all seriousness, Mule Power has run elk camps for over 20 years and you would be wise to bounce your thoughts off of him.

BTW- TBM where are you hunting?

14-Aug-14
I havnt got to look at where I am going yet. Busy working 2 jobs and just getting around to fixing arrows. Bow is sighted in ok but not perfect. All my spare time spent getting ready physically. Still got to go to camping world or on the computer to order some bivy stuff, water purification, etc. Fida known it was going to be much to it I would have started sooner. I got to have a system...light and mobile, yet able to survive a night of bad weather.

14-Aug-14
TBM the thing that is most impressive about you is the thickness of your skin. Mike

14-Aug-14
TBM, don't let these guys yank your chain. The "where" you hunt isn't too important. Really, you can pretty much just pull off the road anywhere in an OTC unit, start walking, and eventually you'll get into elk.

With your hunting experience, you shouldn't have any problems at all. Just park, walk a bit, sit down and start calling like you'd call a wary old tom, and you'll have a bull on top of you in no time.

14-Aug-14
Of course if TBM stumbles over an Elk an kills it there will be no living with him...

Bowsites worst nightmare! hahahaha, Mike

14-Aug-14
TBM my biggest concern (selfishly) is that your smartphone will not have enough batter power to keep you in contact or attempt a love hunt. Will you be investing in a backup battery or two? It will not be fair to have all this buildup and then lose contact by the 2nd day.

14-Aug-14
TBM: Lord. You really need to check with Mule Power... Just TO BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Wyoming wrote it's NR outfitter law, they had you in mind.

14-Aug-14
Jack by day two TBM will be in Wyoming hunting for his second bull. Surely one day of TBM semi-live is all you will need.

14-Aug-14
TBM: Remember bear spray is not like bug spray. Don't spray yourself down thinking that it will repel bears...

14-Aug-14
We need to all pool our $$ and get TBM his own show! I'll be tuning in to it!

14-Aug-14
"I havnt got to look at where I am going yet. Busy working 2 jobs and just getting around to fixing arrows."

How many of you guys going hunting in 2-3 weeks still don't know where your going? I know where im going in three months much less 3 weeks. Just further proof this hunt won't happen.

14-Aug-14
Not me I even know were I'm going to camp TBM reminds me on a saying my dad said lots of times. There's a right way a wrong way. an TBMs way. He didn't know TBM I just put that in and not my name. I will put out my antelope blinds this afternoon. And be hunting in the morning.

14-Aug-14
Rumor has it that Bigdan is taking the turkey slayer under his wing and taking him elk hunting this year.

14-Aug-14
I'm with Jaq--can hardly wait to hear how your hunt goes TBM. Although I think you're going to be completely overwhelmed trying to hunt these mountains, I hope I'm wrong and you kill a toad!

THAT will make for some great threads!

Good luck. I love your enthusiasm...

14-Aug-14
Russell that will be right after hell freezes over!

14-Aug-14
Lol.

I'd expect nothing less!

14-Aug-14
Bigdan, It was pretty cold in Chicago last winter.

14-Aug-14
So much to do and so little time. I tell ya what a man really needs to do...he needs to plan on going and get everything to go buy not really go because buying all the stuff to go coat as much as going. That would make it leas expensive. I havnt even put a pack together yet to see if everything is going to fit. My sleeping bag is about the size of a small round bale of hay and wieghs an out half as much. I might have to just sleep in my cloths. I'll still kill an elk, but I might be uncomfortable when camping and moving around. As far as taking Big Dan under my wing...I can tell you on his interview that he knows exactly about elk as I do Turkey and we hunt them zackly the same way so hi is TBM next level ready.

14-Aug-14
TBM and lil' dan!! The newest elk hunting videos sponsored by moon pie and Copenhagen!!!!

14-Aug-14
"TBM the thing that is most impressive about you is the thickness of your skin." Mike

Ain't that the truth!

TBM... dude you better figure out where you're hunting! I'd rather have a solid game plan and forget 10 things than have everything I need and not know where to take it. Wow.

You better not be leading us on before you kill one in a high fence. It'll take all winter to decipher the report.

15-Aug-14
I don't want to plan my way to a dead elk before I leave Alabama. I want to hunt elk...and that means hunt elk to hunt before I actually hunt them. I've been offered lots of help on here...been offered to share camps and offered gps corordanances of elk, and although I am appreciative of the offers, I havnt taken advantage of any although I might hunt a unit reccommended by someone. That's as far as it goes for me. I've been on Turkey hunts where I didn't have a clue what to expect and just hearing one gobble or seeing a track on such places was a huge high and killing a couple there was a huge success. I see so many who basically plan their game dead before they leave their home...that's not me. I welcome obstacles..the tougher the better..to a point. Yep. It's nice to not have some idiot spook something every time you get close but when it happens it's best to pack up and move on. Every second you spend being pissed about it and having a conversation with them is a second you could be hunting. Otc may not be for everybody but just like pics with a recurve or longbow, otc raises the respect for the person who killed it. The otc kills with trad gear are the best. I respect those guys. They are doing it the toughest way possible...besides maybe not planning until a week before you leave.

15-Aug-14
TBM,s new functionality read hear!

15-Aug-14
Bordaline profownd

15-Aug-14
Hunting venture creep in the future.TBM im sure you have planned far more than your saying!Im still to this day puzzled why so many buy into his script.

15-Aug-14
He planned his trip,im sure already knew where!And has written down every piece of advice freely offered.....He also planned this thread and all the other 1256 scripted slap stick threads before this one.Elk or not the only way this trip will get any mileage is with a 450yrd bow kill,world record elk or biological proof of big foot-anything else will be more of the same.

15-Aug-14
I'm still trying to figure out the word isomaniac...

15-Aug-14
isomaniac is an intentionally mispelled word by TBM to keep in line with his calling card or trademark.He intentionally does this and comes up with foolish phrases just to see who will bite.When he needs to be serious and understandable he is.TBM has thick skin,no i dont believe that,he expects the reaction he gets and its all entertainment with a touch of stardom envy.TBM always reffers to the TV guys!Hmmm

15-Aug-14
Agree TSI. That's why I think he needs his own show, he's very good at entertaining! He's a sly one and got a lot of people not realizing how crafty he is.

15-Aug-14
shortstop he would never last,he cant keep to character.He jumps from foolish to brilliant in the same post.All an act,if he really was as foolish and somewhat delayed as he pretends to be yes he would deserve all the attention.But as it is he believes we are the fools!Just a big kid acting out for attention!

15-Aug-14
I believe isomaniac is when u separate a maniac from a group, or isolate him. Which coincidentally, seems a lil like what TBM may really be.

But, for me, the nonsense he spews daily is entertainment to me, whether its on purpose or not. And i believe there are some truly rooting for him here. Honestly, i want everybody to be successful, even though we all know it doesnt happen that way. There have been times where he says things that are completely crazy, downright incorrect and maybe even insulting. But i believe there is some string pulling goin on as many have suggested. I for one sm gonna keep reading and let it loosen up my day. Best not to overthink it, i reckon.

15-Aug-14
sticknstring i guess if you know its just entertainment its all good,i fear for those that think its real!

15-Aug-14
TBM-Need i say it

15-Aug-14
Troll is such an ugly description for such free entertainment. I think everybody needs to loosen up the collar a bit. I thought this Bowsite place was supposed to be fun? Mike

15-Aug-14
Touché, i suppose

15-Aug-14
My Bad Mike,raining here this morning!

15-Aug-14
"biological proof of bigfoot" that may his kin.

15-Aug-14
Looking into the general hunting areas in Montana and getting an elk combo tag? Any opinions on hat verses otc Colorado? Or Idaho?

15-Aug-14
"Still got to go to camping world"

Why would you go to an anti-hunting retailer?

15-Aug-14
Please don't go to Montana..I don't want to run into you there!

15-Aug-14
At least I have no chance running into him in Montana My area were my camp is a limited draw area. And I will only be here the first two days then I'm off to AZ.

15-Aug-14
CPA Just bit on another intentional plant...

15-Aug-14
Had an interesting conversation from a guy from mantana today. I'm narrowing in my sights.

15-Aug-14
Yep, "mantana" is a great state. I'm driving to Missoula next Thursday and will let you know where I'm seeing elk along the way. Shouldn't have to get off the road too far to find a good bull.

Kill a quick one there and then run down to CO for #2 on your way home to 'bammie.

15-Aug-14
That's Aliabamer

15-Aug-14
You should change your handle to TBN Turkey Bow Norris

15-Aug-14
Aftet he gets back this fall it will be THE ELKINEUTER

15-Aug-14
Elkineuter?

You makin a play on his fantastic spelling, or predicting the bull jumping the string, rendering his hamblaster attempt more of an undercarriageblaster?

16-Aug-14
Mantana still has licenses. Womanoming had their draw in January.

To answer the question: That would be a good move. Waaay less hunters that Competionrado TBM. You're on the right track there bud.

16-Aug-14
I don't think it's going to take me long to put one down and I am looking to extend my trip, but I don't want to invest much $$. I either need the elk deer combo in Montana or hunt two states for elk. Not sure I can buy a tag last minute in Idaho. Would be fun trying to get a wolf or lion there.

16-Aug-14
The season may be over before you decide where the heck you're going!

16-Aug-14
Every time I open this thread I feel a blast of holt air

16-Aug-14
Man, you couldn't pay good money and be entertained this well...hehe

16-Aug-14
Yes you can buy a tag last minute in Idaho or when ever you get here. They just dropped the price of a 2nd tag to $300. You could use one on a bear,wolf,or lion if the opportunity arises.

16-Aug-14
Might just sneak around and kill a lion and a wolf. That would be fun trying that. .ight could call up the wolf.

16-Aug-14
You mite as well bag Bigfoot when your here! You mite want to bring a big trailer with you to haul all your stuff back. You should be able to call in a lion & a wolf with your box call. Bring some turkey decoys with you. The only thing wolves and lions like better than turkey is frog legs.

16-Aug-14
Thread makes me smile a like a real good fart does.

16-Aug-14
I would have to check if I may have got more than a fart!

17-Aug-14
TBM,

What day do you leave to bowhunt out west?

17-Aug-14
I'll be leaving as soon as I get done with my Elk Rap song( ' :

Seriously, it looks like I will go about the 8th. I tried to buy Montana license on the computer and it kicked me out. I was going to buy a deer elk combo but I might of been trying to purchase 2013 tags. That Montana webpage is complicated. I couldn't tell if I needed a bow permit, elk permit. It would be too easy for them to say, here is what you need to hunt elk...I still font know.

17-Aug-14
Aaahh shucks, Montana must be sold out of tags. Looks like Colorado or bust for you!! There's hardly any wildlife left in Montana anyway, too many furry critters with looonnngg fangs and claws running around.

17-Aug-14
"I'll say it ahead of time...killing an elk aunt going to be nothing for me."

"Hunting elk in a zone where there is 12% success is going to be easy pickings for me. Gaurnteed."

Those two statements "gaurntee" that a ton of Bowsiters will be watching to see how this hunt turns out!

17-Aug-14
There is 1794 big game combo left. And 1760 Elk combos. You will need a archery tag for the archery season. But you can buy that from any license vender when you get here. Or you can just wait and buy the whole thing when you get here.

17-Aug-14
Way to stay on top of things, Bigdan!! I am sure TBM will appreciate the follow up intel....

17-Aug-14
I just hope there's some elk left in MT when Bigdan gets back from AZ!

17-Aug-14
BTM isn u sum kinde kin to TBM?? Cum clean Pilgrim!!

17-Aug-14
12%. That is high to begin with. Where did you see that?

One thing... if you have a solid figure it tells me you have zeroed in on a place to hunt otherwise you wouldn't know where to dig up a success rate for. Correct?

Second... unless your math is as bad as your intentionally terrible spelling that means 88% chance you'll be living on turkey meat this coming winter.

Third... if you plan to hunt elk in another state be it Montana or anywhere else I'd forget about wasting money on a deer tag too. Better concentrate on elk if you plan on getting a few of them this year. lol

17-Aug-14
I just think its funny that a guy that says killing an elk is going to be easy, can't figure out how to purchase a tag. He will be lucky to find the mountains. This is going to be like Harry and Loyds awesome elk adventure. I'd say TBM's odds are about 1:1000000.

17-Aug-14

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
... what a bunch of "naysayers"!

TBM will cutting one of these up soon.

17-Aug-14
Which brings up the questions... TBM, what kind of knife are you using? Taking a saw? Got any parachute cord? Have a pack worthy of moving elk quarters? Have game bags on your Camping World shopping list?

I guess at places like Cotton Mesa they just scoop it up in the dozer and do all that while you have a glass of wine.

18-Aug-14
tobinsghost: Yeah, I thought of that, too.

Believe me, there's no relation, i.e., I'm not TBM's dyslexic alter ego.

18-Aug-14
Looks like a blind squirrel can occasional find a nut. I heard TBM accidentally purchased a Montana tag and didn't know it. Now if he can accidentally kill an elk?

19-Aug-14
Walked about 6 miles on flat ground and it kicked my butt. I feel like I'm making progress but when gut check time comes I break down. Hip joints and feet pain mainly. Going to eat some hocks and joint juice to see if things get better...might take some glucosamine too. Got 2 weeks to get ready. Need to drop some pounds too.

19-Aug-14
Need to be running six miles but look on the bright side, you have to weeks. Best to train as hard as you can right before you leave. :) I usually go into maintenance mode the last few weeks only shooting my bow and exercising enough to maintain my fitness.

• Sitka Gear