Rick M 15-Aug-14
Rick M 15-Aug-14
jims 16-Aug-14
rodney482 16-Aug-14
Sage of the Sage2 16-Aug-14
Mauifire 17-Aug-14
CWOotr 23-Aug-14
15-Aug-14
I have never had this happen before .I got a nickel size white spot on the bottom of my right heel. been walking 3 miles round trip with loaded pack up a good hill done this many a year. less than 3 weeks till hunt what can I do to get rid of it.

15-Aug-14

MT in MO's Link
Go to the link...

15-Aug-14
Your foot was moving in the boot. YouTube some videos on boot lacing and try them. The videos helped me

15-Aug-14
Walk on your toes.

15-Aug-14
tape !!!!

15-Aug-14

TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
Just got back walking barefoot on asfault barefoot with a 60pound load...I ddought I will get any blisters.

15-Aug-14

gil_wy's embedded Photo
gil_wy's embedded Photo
Had that happen a few years ago... By February I lost my whole heel pad. I managed it with tape, foam, etc but it eventually fell off... If it's any consolation this is the bull I killed with the heel blister

15-Aug-14
that dude has some character.

15-Aug-14
Gil, killed my best bill with terrible heel blisters in what I think was the same year, 2011? If that'swhat it takes bring em on:)

Laceing helps for sure, llearn it. In my case it was lazy andwore ccotton socks. Tape the hot spots if you get them as early as possible. Liner socks will help.

The TBM walk barefoot will only help with the bottom of your feet and that won't blister anyway. I will pay him for an honest report when he gets back if he goes!!

15-Aug-14
Gil, killed my best bill with terrible heel blisters in what I think was the same year, 2011? If that'swhat it takes bring em on:)

Laceing helps for sure, llearn it. In my case it was lazy andwore ccotton socks. Tape the hot spots if you get them as early as possible. Liner socks will help.

The TBM walk barefoot will only help with the bottom of your feet and that won't blister anyway. I will pay him for an honest report when he gets back if he goes!!

16-Aug-14
Moleskin works wonders for blisters! As a preventative..if your boots feel loose lace them up a little tighter!

16-Aug-14
Duct tape as soon as you hit the trail

16-Aug-14
I wear jogging shoes as long as I can into hunting season. They are more comfortable and quiet and don't blister my feet. People always say that a hiking boot that fits you correctly will not rub and cause a blister, but I have litterally never had a pair that didn't do that after a 3 to five mile hump. Jogging shoes are the way to go. Once the snow starts flying, I go w/ my boots and snow gaiters, but put duct tape on my heals. It's a very distracting thing to have the skin rubbing off your feet. One I can certainly do without.

17-Aug-14
I have found every stiff sole boot gives me blisters on my heels. I have tried all of the stiff/supportive boots recommended on bowsite. All of them felt good on flat ground,but gave me blisters as soon as I walked the hills. If you do not need the ankle support,forget the stiff boots that lots here recommend. My ankles are fine, and all of the soft sole shoes have been just great. Lowa renegade, Bigdans Vasquez, Salomon, etc

23-Aug-14
I hike hundreds of miles a year and guide dozens of hunters. Blisters caused by friction/movement on soft feet. Most guys do not wear their boots tight enough and/or have cheap boots. Or have soft feet from not hiking and wearing boots often - the old "tenderfoot" saying. You must lace tight. You cannot wear hunting boots like your street shoes. If you don't have time to build up callouses all around your feet like a guide, then tighten boots, get good Meindls or similar, and use tape and moleskin. Good luck this fall.

• Sitka Gear