Bogey 18-Aug-14
Crete$ 18-Aug-14
Barty1970 19-Aug-14
huntperch 21-Aug-14
bow-hnt 21-Aug-14
ELKDIY 27-Aug-14
18-Aug-14

ELKDIY's Link
This years Archery Elk Hunt in Colorado has a Bittersweet feel to it. We are a team of 3 buddies who have been through it all together. Highs and lows of hunting, sports and family. We are missing our friend and hunting partner Tyler this year. He is battling a life threatening illness that has consumed his time and health for the past 7 months.

BigDan's and others posts have helped me personally deal with similar family crises and have helped us cope with our emotions at this time. Life can be cruel. The support given from one hunter to another on Bowsite shows what Archery Hunters are made of.

This years hunt will be Bittersweet. Our buddy will be missed on the mountain. We will dedicate our hunt this fall to Tyler along with thoughts and prayers for his recovery. We miss and love you brother!

18-Aug-14
This is why I wish there was a "like" button on here cause I don't know what to say! Guess I'll just say, do him justice and bring him home some good hunting stories and elk meat to nourish him back to health!

18-Aug-14
I would say that if you put one down that will be a bonus to the small things that really make these adventures...the sights, sounds, and the smell of the high country. I'd bet if you asked your buddy...other than the companionship...it's those things he'll long for.

Good luck and God bless your friend.

GR

18-Aug-14
Enjoy every day in the elk woods. Take a ton of pics for Tyler. I'll include him in my prayers as well!

Best Wishes, Jeff

18-Aug-14
Sending prayers.

18-Aug-14
The common thread binds us all, no matter the opinion.

Life is such a struggle sometimes.

Tyler has great friends, that is for sure.

Make sure he knows how you guys are making out up there.

Nothing but best wishes for you guys and Tyler.

Rich

18-Aug-14
Best wishes for a full recovery for Tyler. Watched your 2013 video too. Great friends in the mtns celebrating. Best Dave

18-Aug-14
Thanks you all for your support! Tyler needed to hear your comments for mental therapy. His biggest concern besides his wife has been will he be able to hunt elk again. There is so much more to hunting than just the harvest as stated here. I have faith he will be up there again packing my bull out someday just like last fall.

Thank you again for your encouragement! It means more than you will know.

18-Aug-14
Make sure the rest of you talk about Tyler during the whole trip. It will keep him there with you.

And, PRAY for him together. Whether it's manly or not, do it.

18-Aug-14
"Like"

18-Aug-14
May God bless you all

18-Aug-14
I was thinking the same as Bear.............take him with you! (in spirit ;-)

I will be praying for Tyler, his family and his "brothers".

18-Aug-14
Prayers to Tyler and his family. I'm gonna kill one for ya too. Hang in and stay strong. You have great friends

Will

18-Aug-14
prayers for Tyler . Do you have a link to the video mentioned.

18-Aug-14
Take a sat phone and give him daily updates from the campfire!

18-Aug-14
Bogey- good advice on the sat phone. I have a connection on one and will make sure to bring it. Great idea as we pack in and are out of cell range.

The YouTube video of last years OTC elk hunt is below. Tyler is the younger guy. Only 28. Hunting with is two 46 year old men. We I'll miss his back this fall and positive spirit. Too damn young to be dealing with this disease.

Thanks again for all the support! Seriously. He just missed his archery Muley hunt and has been down on himself. Your encouragement will be a huge help with his attitude as he keeps battling. http://youtu.be/zAUIXvkOtqA

18-Aug-14

ELKDIY's Link
Here is the embedded link. Should be able to click on this one.

18-Aug-14
Best of luck to all involved!! I hope he pulls through it and you can all hike up the mountain together next year!!

18-Aug-14
Wishing you guys a fun and safe hunt and a speady recovery for Tyler.

Nick

19-Aug-14
I've still got my 'Cody' arrow in my quiver...let Tyler know he has an arrow in each of your quivers, and even if that arrow is unsuccessful, bring him home all the experiences which that arrow has gone through on your hunt.

#vicarioushuntingexperience

Good luck, good hunting and safe home

21-Aug-14

21-Aug-14
Prayers for you Tyler, Get well soon! Gods not done with you yet! and prayers for your loved ones!

27-Aug-14
Heading out for our hunt tomorrow Tyler. Hang in there brother. We have a couple of arrows with your name on the fletchings. We plan to bring you back some elk straps and look forward to throwing them on the BBQ with you.

Thanks again for the support on this forum!

• Sitka Gear