R. Hale 20-Aug-14
Z Barebow 20-Aug-14
Barty1970 20-Aug-14
Elkaddict 20-Aug-14
Fulldraw1972 20-Aug-14
jims 20-Aug-14
Brushpile 20-Aug-14
19-Aug-14
Has anyone seen the New Sitka 90% jacket? I'm going to purchase a Jetstream or the New 90% for September elk, but I haven't been able to put my hands on the new 90%. I'm wondering how windproof and quiet the material is.

19-Aug-14
I recently purchased the jacket but have not put it to the test yet (23 days and counting :) I can tell you that it is considerably lighter than the Jetstream and much more packable. I'm leaving my Jetstream at home if that gives you any idea. Seems to be a great piece to me.

19-Aug-14
I wore it in Africa in July. Riding in the back of the LandCruiser at night in the cold I could tell it was MUCH more wind resistant than the current one. I think with the new upgrade, they may be over 90% now. I do believe this will become my favorite piece of Sitka. Very impressed.

19-Aug-14
Echo others, though haven't used mine outdoors yet. Quieter fabric & weave touted to block something like 60% more wind than "old" version. Should be ideal.

I guess per Shrew it's been renamed to the 95.5% Jacket?

20-Aug-14
The two are completely different animals. The Jetstream is an awesome piece of clothing! 90% is closer to the Ascent which is very light so it depends on what your purpose is???

20-Aug-14
How does the new 90% compare to the Kuiu Guide Jacket? I had the older 90% and like the Kuiu Guide jacket better. Maybe the new 90 is better?

20-Aug-14
I ordered the 90% - time will tell if tit is a good investment.

20-Aug-14
I have the old 90 and have warn it in fall and winter here in Colo...no problem when layering. If the new one cuts wind better...so much the better! Hopefully the new one has pitzips so you can vent when climbing. I would buy a size large so you can add more layers under.

20-Aug-14
" time will tell if tit is a good investment"

Depends how much $$$ said tit costs.....generally a good investment however.

20-Aug-14
:)

20-Aug-14
"I ordered the 90% - time will tell if tit is a good investment."

I understand you double your investment immediately!

20-Aug-14
Good to hear....I like to keep abreast of advances in gear

20-Aug-14
Only a real boob wouldn't appreciate the upgrade.

20-Aug-14
If I am not mistaken the new 90% doesnt have pit zips. Its designed to pull warm moist air away from your body.

I am curious what you guys think of the jacket. I was thinking about waiting to order one last winter but went with the jetstream instead.

20-Aug-14
I like spot and stalk style hunting. I spend quite a bit of time sitting and also hiking steep, nasty terrain. After using pitzips on my 90's and Nimbus raingear I wouldn't buy another jacket without them! I can always put on more layers if cold but if too hot it would be a disadvantage not having pitzips. I would rather have pitzips and be dry than no pitzips and likely get wet from perspiration. If I spent a lot of time in blinds or treestands not having pitzips might be ok.

20-Aug-14
It looks like I got as tangled up with my keyboarding as I do with speaking in my last post - Freudian slip?

• Sitka Gear