ozarkmanp 21-Aug-14
oldgoat 21-Aug-14
Mule Power 21-Aug-14
David A. 22-Aug-14
Leadspreader 22-Aug-14
Quinn007 22-Aug-14
Surfbow 22-Aug-14
21-Aug-14
Ok I know a few of you have suggested various camo patterns for Elk hunting in Montana . I have looked at 5 or 6 different patterns and am not a fan of many of them. My question is this.....I hunt whitetails in mostly Nat Gear camo. I really like it and it works well. Will this camo work in Montana? Has anyone used it while elk hunting?.....thanks in advance

21-Aug-14
Works fine in Colorado as long as it's bluebird weather. That's my main complaint about natural gear camo, it only comes in cotton. Wish they would get some in quality synthetic that dries faster! I still use some of their rain gear and me and the wife both carry a heavy canvas long sleeve shirt off theirs for cool mornings or really light rain.

21-Aug-14
oldgoat, I saw the new stuff from them today. Its no longer just all cotton. I really liked what I saw.

21-Aug-14
That's cool! I really like the pattern! Blends in a lot of places, very versatile!

21-Aug-14
Any camo will do really. You can't imagine how many residents out west kill elk in jeans and in old school plaid wool in gun. Olive drab is good. Elk aren't wired as tight as deer who bolt first and ask questions later. it's all about movement.

I'll take sneaky over camo any day.

If you have Nat Gear and like it then use it.

22-Aug-14
A leafy camo hat and any mesh camp face mask plus light wt. cloves are the most important items. That said, a full light wt. camp 3D/leafy suit is just awesome. Cabelas and Bass Pros leafy camo is light wt. and relatively inexpensive. Just wear it over anything you're comfortable hunting in.

22-Aug-14
I've used natural camo for 5-6 years along with some others, I find it works really well, like others have stated above it's all movement, I upgraded to Sitka just for the durability and weather resistance, but I will continue to use natural gear probably until I die just because its an awesome pattern.

22-Aug-14
It will be fine. Just bought my son a Natural Gear rain jacket for his birthday.

22-Aug-14
The camo pattern doesn't matter as much as the material does. You can kill an elk in cotton, but if the weather gets bad you'll wish you were wearing something else!

• Sitka Gear