LUNG$HOT 22-Aug-14
LUNG$HOT 22-Aug-14
Norseman 22-Aug-14
Bigdan 22-Aug-14
Z Barebow 22-Aug-14
LUNG$HOT 22-Aug-14
Tom 23-Aug-14
22-Aug-14
Anybody figured out how to make Big Dan's "blast" sound???? I have tried but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any pointers???

22-Aug-14
Go on you tube and search for Elknuts nervous grunt. I pretty sure its the same thing.

22-Aug-14
first, bust out your two front teeth...

22-Aug-14
lmao

22-Aug-14
If you want to hear the sound go to the thread The Secret To Getting A Big Bull Close its on the elk threads. At the end of the video after the elk gets by the caller he does two of what I call the blast sounds it a were the hell are you call.

22-Aug-14
I've got a reasonable immitation of it that I do - the diaphragm reed is manipulated before I start to blow (like a cow call) so the sound starts out high pitched and I start off blowing harder than just about any other bugle. I put a little oouh vocal into it, but not loud and hard like a grunt.

It doesn't sound good every time and I have to do it like 3 times till I get it so it still needs practice.

22-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher,

I do the same. sometimes just do it by sucking in air hard and fast and verbally kinda making a eeooww! sound

22-Aug-14
You need to use you voice to it takes lots of air to make it.

22-Aug-14
Bigdan,

when you do it, is it by sucking in or blowing out? I cannot seem to make the sound blowing out.

22-Aug-14
All bowing

22-Aug-14
I'll probably choke myself trying now.............................

22-Aug-14
Dont know bout bigdan, but a big ol bowl of chili is where i usually start...

22-Aug-14
First you eat a lot of pinto beans...Mike

22-Aug-14
Mike that if your using a Hoochie

22-Aug-14
Been practicing since I saw the video and I think I'm getting fairly close. Have only found one reed so far that I can do it with. Its the red primos reed that has the "V" cut in the second layer. No inhale, all exhale for me starting off with high note then guickly pushing it out low with a little vocal. Like Dan said it takes quite a bit of air pressure to get it right. Still working on it not perfect yet.

22-Aug-14
I think the final touch will be the teeth removal. Should be perfect after that!!

22-Aug-14

Norseman's Link
video of more examples

22-Aug-14
You can call me Mongo

22-Aug-14
"Mongo pawn in game of life."

22-Aug-14
Lmao

23-Aug-14
Norseman---those sounds are easy to make. Haven't ever called in a elk with it though. Might have chased a few out of the county however.

• Sitka Gear