kyrob 24-Aug-14
craig@work 24-Aug-14
JEG 24-Aug-14
Shrewski 24-Aug-14
Buffalo1 24-Aug-14
razorhead 24-Aug-14
jdee 24-Aug-14
24-Aug-14
Wanting to get my boys some new BH's for their elk hunt. I use the regular woodsmans with my longbow but they like the looks of the 2 I listed. They are shooting PSE stingers with gold tip arrows at around 300 fps. Thinking on 125 grain for added weight. Anyone have any experience with them they would care to share?

Thanks

24-Aug-14
Used the snuffer ss for years and have zero complaints. Fly great spin true and easy to sharpen. Plus lifetime warranty. Only one I ever broke hit a piece of metal rebar.

Craig

24-Aug-14
x2 what Craig said!! You really cant go wrong with either.

24-Aug-14
Of equal cutting diameter and accuracy I would pick the longer Woodsman Elite every time. Killed 4 animals with the same Snuffer SS one season; went back to the old Woodsman as the blood trails were more sparse than I was used to. I believe the longer blades cut more and easier, maybe even stay sharper longer thru all the stuff they go thru in the animal. Very pleased with the Elites/VPA/Trailmakers.

24-Aug-14
I have never kill an elk, but I have used both BH mentioned. All my kills with the Woodsman Elite have been on animals of comparable size of an elk or larger (kudu, blue wildebeest and Eland).

I would vote for the Woodman Elite as the angle is not as steep as the Snuffer SS, therefore I think it offers better penetration. I also believe that the Woodsman Elite takes and retains a sharper edge. The Woodsman Elite is also a one piece head vs a welded head of the Snuffer SS.

Used a Snuffer SS on pronghorn with success.

Just my experiences with the two heads.

24-Aug-14
Although my elk are killed with Razor Caps, they are both great heads, you can not go wrong...... They both work well

24-Aug-14

jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
The Snuffer SS 100gn. has worked for me great, of course shot placement is what really counts IMO..... but the Snuffer SS has killed the last 4 bulls I have released an arrow on .

• Sitka Gear